March 2016 Moms

Stomach bug

oh man, 12 weeks today and hit with an intense stomach bug yesterday. I'd been feeling nauseous thanks to MS (all day), but hadn't gotten sick yet. Now it's every 30 minutes running to the bathroom. And since I already have two kids, I have to sit on the potty while I puke in a bucket or I end up wetting my pants.

To make it even better, DH ended up getting hit with it last night too. So caring for the kids (7 and 4) has been a TV fest today. Totally whining, but jeez I just want my stomach to stop rolling!!
DS1 9/2008 * DD 8/2011 * EDD DS2 3/2016

Re: Stomach bug

• Take care of yourself, I know that sounds obvious. My kids brought home a lovely stomach bug when I was 6 months pregnant and I became severely dehydrated to the point where I was hallucinating, I was so ill that I didn't realize how bad it got. I was carried to the car and taken to the hospital. I ended up being admitted and never was able to replenish the lost amniotic fluid for my baby. I ended up being induced once I was 38 weeks after having to go to ultrasounds every other day and hospital monitoring for the last 3 months. She ended up being okay but only weighed 5lbs. If you feel like you are thirsty but can't hold down anything, please please just go straight to the hospital.
  • I had it last week. Awful. I feel for ya. I got super dehydrated which caused worse nausea and constipation. Yuck.
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh wow! Thank you for the perspective and the advice! I still feel unsettled, but it's now diarrhea instead of vomiting. I've had a couple of sips here and there today, but can't bring myself to drink much.
  • Diarrhea is just as deydrating , please make sure you call the doc or go to a walk in clinic , an hour of IV fluids wouldn't hurt if you are dehydrated !

image imageimage 

September Siggy Challenge : Favorite Childhood Movies ( Sorry I have two)

• Feeling back on track today. I've managed to keep food and fluids in. Small steps!