May 2016 Moms

Pregnant and nursing!

Any one else pregnant and nursing another kiddos?? I'm currently nursing my 18 month old, I want him to wean so bad, but he's way too attached. I don't know if I could handle tandem nursing

Re: Pregnant and nursing!

• Not currently, but I did nurse while pregnant with my first two children. I, too, didn't think I could handle tandem nursing, so I did wean her when I was around 20 weeks pregnant. I think weaning was harder for me than it was for her. Kudos to those who can do it, I just wasn't one of them.
  • I'm still nursing my 16 month old. He will be 23 month when my next little guy joins him on the boob. I don't really want to tandem nurse but I'll let my first wean himself. Because of my work schedule, sometimes he only nurses 1-2x per day. Others it's 5-6. I hope come April he sticks to the 1-2x a day and weans shortly after. Exclusively feeding a baby and comfort nursing a toddler will be exhausting.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm nursing my 14 month old. I don't mind the idea of tandem nursing, it's supposed to help with engorgement in the beginning, but I'm planning to just play it all by ear. I hear once your milk starts to change to colostrum around 3rd tri that the dry nursing can feel super weird. Plus my nips are starting to get tender... the long leisurely nursing sessions are starting to make me sore again.
  • I'm hoping he'll self wean when my milk changes. I'd love a breast before nursing this LO. I am also hoping I avoid the nipple pain in the beginning of nursing this LO, because the pain I had with DS made me cringe every time
  • My boys are 15 mos apart. I nursed until my oldest was 10 mos old there about. Which is 5 mos pg. I dried up. But he was also bottle and breast.
  • I'm nursing my 14 month old. I planned on nursing him till 2 but now finding out that I'm pregnant I have started to wean him. I can't nurse two babies. He's doing very well with weaning.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • So I am nursing my 11month old and just found out I was pregnant! I am super early but I def do wanna wean so I can a lil rest between! Which is what I did with my now 2.5 year old!