July 2015 Moms
Options

Overnight with grandparents?

mrsjones1012mrsjones1012 member
edited September 2015 in July 2015 Moms
my LO is 6 weeks old and is EBF. She has taken pumped bottles and gone back to the breast so far with no problems. A few weeks ago I asked DHs parents to watch her overnight this weekend since it's our anniversary but now I'm having second thoughts. It's not that I don't trust them- I definitely do, I'm just not sure I'M ready. Im sure she'll take bottles fine. We've got enough frozen milk stashed (though it'll put a good dent in it) and I'd definitely pump throughout the time I'm without her. The thought of a few drinks, private time with my husband, and some uninterrupted sleep sounds so nice... But I'm worried I'll ruin it by being emotional. What's everyone think?

ETA I go back to work next Saturday anyway and I work overnight. I suppose it's worth seeing how she and I do apart overnight.

Re: Overnight with grandparents?

• Options
    Give it a go maybe...
    My LO (almost 6 weeks) & I are definitely not ready for being apart overnight
  • Options
    ecloho said:
    Give it a go maybe... My LO (almost 6 weeks) & I are definitely not ready for being apart overnight
    Same. My MIL is watching her for just a few hours this week while H and I go out and I'm nervous enough about that! But since you're going to be spending nights away from her anyway pretty soon it might be a good trial run.
    Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Do it and enjoy the time with your husband. I wish my parents would take LO over night so we could get just one night of a full sleep!
  • Options
    kamio92kamio92 member
    edited September 2015
    DH and I went out for my birthday last night and I was so distracted the whole time. I felt so bad for my hubby!! I could not stop thinking about her and the moment we got home I raced in for a hug. I don't think that I was ready for it.

At the same time it was really nice to reconnect and have some uninterrupted us time. I'd give it a go. You might miss your little one like crazy but it's only one night. Could be worth it :)
    [color=purple]Married July 2014[/color]
    [color=pink]First Monkey July 2015[/color]
    [color=green]Baby No2 March 2018
    ~Team Green~[/color]

• Options
    Gah it's soooo hard, but I say go for it, it'll be nice for you and your hubs to have some time together and also for your extended family to have a little of their own bonding time! It takes a village to raise a kiddo, and if you trust them maybe give it a try :)
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. I've been psyching myself up for it and feel a bit better about it. It will all be fine. So tomorrow night, dropping her off and heading to fancy dinner & drinks, then canoeing Monday morning/afternoon. Then racing to get her back of course, haha!
  • Options
    Sounds like fun! Happy anniversary!
  • Options
    Definitely go for it, it is great for your relationship to get some couple time in plus you will be rested and relaxed when you go back to mommy mode!