April 2016 Moms

Super bloated at 9 weeks, I look 6 months!

so I am 5'9, normally a size 4/6 and I have noticed I have been getting so bloated esp by midday and the evening I look 6 months prego! Most my tshirts aren't tight, but my gut is sticking out far enough to notice. Anyone else have this issue? I know it's the baby and bloating, but it's a bloat bump and not a baby bump so I don't want to be showing it off. I feel so fat and disgusting because I completely stopped working out too :(
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Super bloated at 9 weeks, I look 6 months!

• I'm little over 6 weeks (wear size 4) by mid day I am soooo bloated. So yes, I can relate :) not sure why so much, but I don't want to be noticed by my co-workers just yet.
  • Loading the player...
  • This is only my first pregnancy so I wonder if it's just normal. I'm also eating a lot more bread and carbs that normal so I'm sure that's contributing, but I'm gonna have to suck it up for some maternity pants soon
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ohh you're not alone (and glad to hear I'm not either). I'm 7 weeks with my 1st and actually had to look up how early the baby bump started showing because yesterday I had a full fledged bump that is not usually there. I suppose one up side is that it's getting us used to when the bump does start to show ???? Maybe?? Lol I do feel so uncomfortable and slept like crap last night because of it. I'm going to try to include some sort of cardio every day because that seemed to help with minor bloating a few weeks ago.
  • imrachelleaimrachellea member
    edited September 2015
    Totally normal. So I started taking weekly pictures. The left is 19 weeks pregnant with my DD. The right was 9+1. So not only is it normal, it becomes so much more obvious with subsequent babies.

Eta: right is 9+1 with this second little one.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Try taking an all natural laxative. I use Swiss kriss - you can buy it at whole foods, sprouts or on Amazon. I took it before I was pregnant with dd because I have tummy troubles in general. My obgyn approved it during the pregnancy and I stayed it on it all the way through breastfeeding. It also made the first post partum poop nbd. I'm also 4/6 and I know I would look super pregnant if I didn't take it. Like PPs mentioned, I'm eating a lot more bread/carbs to settle my stomach
    <image>
  • I am so bloated I don't even feel comfortable in my clothes anymore. I thought I was just getting fat but I weigh the same everyday. I keep telling my co-workers and they say I am just relaxing but I can't even suck it in! Everyday I wake up and go oh, maybe I won't bloat today but by lunch there it is. I try to tell myself it is a baby bump but then I feel it and go, nope just fat! Ha!
  • So needed to read these post today. I have been so bloated the past few days! I am not comfortable in any of my clothes and it is making me feel disgusting! I am 9.5 weeks with pregnancy #4 and I just ordered my first maternity clothes already!
  • I needed to read this today too. I'm 9 weeks with baby #3 but I never bloated like this with my other 2. I feel awful when I'm so bloated, not only do I feel huge but my stomach actually hurts and is really uncomfortable from it! I'm hoping to talk to my Dr to see if there is something to help.
  • You've all made my week! I'm not thin to begin with but I've never had a tummy (I'm more of a pear shape). Plus, I was Paleo (no grain or dairy) before getting pregnant. Well, since morning sickness, all that went out the window! All I want are bagels and yogurt haha! The only suggestion I can give is to ask your doc about adding prunes to your diet. I've been eating a couple dried organic prunes in the morning and at night and I do feel a little better. They help with digestion and nausea.
  • Yes!! I'm 8 weeks with my second and I have been so bloated that even my loosest shirts don't hide my belly. Makes me feel awful.
  • Yes!!! I got really bloated at 6 weeks this time and look 20 weeks pregnant. With my last I got stretch marks at 6 weeks and nothing again til 41 weeks. The marks don't bother me just legitimizes how much we bloat!
  • I have also experienced the saMe. I am 7 weeks with my first child and have been bloated ever since I found out non stop. My sister In law is six months and we look the same size. Lol
    Hey but it's all good comes with pregnancy. Lol.
  • I also have a lot more bloating and have been craving carbs like nobody's buisness. I find that kraft mac and cheese is awesome as well as pure ginger root. I cut off little pieces and chew them at work when i usually am the most nauseous.
    I am also usually the most bloated by mid day and at the end of the day.
    I also want to know what all the short forms mean? This is my first pregnancy and i have no idea where to find the translations.
    Thank you!
  • I'm bloated too. I just wear baggier shirts for now. I've also been trying to make sure I include fiber, fruit and juice in my diet to make sure everything keeps moving.
  • I think it's also more pronounced if you're thinner to begin with. I'm also a size 4 or 6 and it's showing so much more this time around than last time (I was about 20 lbs heavier).
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • I am just barely 6 weeks and last week the bloat was BAD.  Today, I thought I was in the clear since I could button my regular pants.  It's not even 8:00 am yet and I am wishing I had worn maternity pants or at least wore my belly band.  I haven't gained a pound, so I know it's all bloat.  I don't remember this with my first 2. 

This is my 3rd pregnancy, so I expected things to "fall back into place" a little quicker, but this is ridiculous.  I also wear maternity pants anywhere outside of work, and have twice last week at work.  I'd like to keep this a secret a little longer, but another 6 weeks is pretty far away...
  • Ugh! So glad to be reading this today... I was just saying last night how it is incredible that I can't "suck it in" anymore....

My little one number one is only 7 months old.... and I've unfortunately been holding onto a tummy pouch from him still... but up until a week or two ago, I could still look decent with a belly band and a little breath control. (I try not to obsess...but I did) Now it is darn near impossible to suck it in....

I started showing a little at 9 weeks last time, and now I'm 7... so I guess its right on schedule?? I just don't feel ready for it! I haven't told most people yet, and I feel like they are going to figure it out before I get to!
  • I'm 8 weeks tomorrow with my first child and am SO bloated! I lost weight before conceiving and went from a size 8 to a 4. I wore size 8 pants today and they were a little snug. I'm so happy to hear I'm not alone in this and that its normal! I too am worried people are going to start noticing well before the 12 week mark at this rate. I guess baggy shirts it is!
  • I have found that eating healthier helps with not having stomach aches and digestive issues, so i dont think i would need a natural laxative, but no matter what by the end of the day im super bloated. I just give up, but trying to find clothes to wear when its 100 out that are baggier is hard, most my shirts show my "bloat" haha guess its time to find a few new shirts
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm 9 weeks today and have had bloat since the beginning and I feel like it's getting worse. I haven't gained any weight, but was heavier than I wanted to be when we found out we were pregnant. I had some belly pudge to begin with so now I look 6 mos if I wear clingy materials! I haven't announced officially other than to immediate family so I'm trying to hide it! So frustrating. Thx everyone for sharing...now I know I'm not alone. I'm normally size 10/12 and so far things still fit more or less...but the bulge is definitely there.
  • Gosh bloating is killing me. I am 9 weeks. My belly so pudgy lol I look more preggo than I am. It kinda scares me. How big am I going to get?! Lol
  • I am so happy to come across this post. I wake up in the morning and look no different and then after lunch I am so bloated. I talked to my doctor about this and she recommended Colace. Which I started taking last night before bed and I am hoping that slowly this will start to alleviate the bloat. 
  • I'm trying to figure out if this is a bump or just bloating?