2nd Trimester
Options

Pregnancy pillows

Hi ladies! I'm 11 weeks pregnant and I'm already having a hard time getting comfortable in my bed. I want to get a pregnancy pillow. Can you ladies recommend your favorites and why you like them? Any other tips on making my bed pregnancy friendly?

Thanks!

Re: Pregnancy pillows

• Options
    Dude look up a boppy... I don't have one but I drool over them all day!!
  • Options
    I looked at a pregnancy pillow but they are too expensive for a pillow. I got a body pillow from target for $10 and it works great since I couldn't sleep that well right around 10-11 weeks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I got the leachco snoogle pillow and its amazing!
  • Options
    I had the snoogle the first two times around, but we got rid of a lot of stuff when we moved so I don't have it anymore. I LOVED it and I wish I still had it. This time around I will probably just get a cheap body pillow since this is my last baby. If you plan to have more kids after this one I think the snoogle is a good purchase. I'm already having low back pain if I don't have a pillow to lean on. 
  • Options
    I got a regular old body pillow for $25 and it was more than sufficient. And took up way less space.
  • Options
    I have a boppy and it's awful. It is better than nothing, but not worth it. I also got it on sale which is the only reason I purchased it. The regular body pillows are way more comfortable.
  • Options
    Snoogle is amazing!
  • Options
    I really like my snoogle.  If you buy one now, you will get more than enough use out of it to justify the cost. 
  • Options
    On my second pregnancy and a regular $10 body pillow from Target worked great for my entire first pregnancy. Just pulled it out again for this pregnancy and it's soooo wonderful to sleep with.
    image    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Snoogle fan here!
  • Options
    The pregnancy pillow took up so much space in the bed. Once I got further along it felt like an olympic event to just get over to my husbands side to kiss him good night.  We got a memory foam mattress topper at Costco.  Best. Sleep. Ever.  
  • Options
    I got a Boppy off amazon and hated it. Although it's great for making our lumpy couch comfortable to lay on. I'm a stomach sleeper that's trying to get used to sleeping on my side and having a really hard time. I thought the Boppy would help, but the part that goes under my head had really cheap and firm stuffing. I was starting to wake up with headaches and neck aches. So i ditched the Boppy and bought a $10 body pillow from Target and love it.
  • Options
    I have the Snoogle and I love it! I started out with a body pillow and initially it was sufficient. After a couple night I started tossing and turning again to get comfortable. Getting the Snoogle was a total game changer. Now I sleep through the night unless I need to get up to go to the bathroom.
  • Options
    Granted, this pillow takes up A LOT of space but for me, it was so much better than the Snoogle and body pillow.  I loved it because when I would switch sides in the middle of the night, I didn't have to readjust the pillow.  It's costly but if you're planning to have more kids or just want a luxury pillow all the time, I'd def. go this route.

• Options
    I got a Boppy off amazon and hated it. Although it's great for making our lumpy couch comfortable to lay on. I'm a stomach sleeper that's trying to get used to sleeping on my side and having a really hard time. I thought the Boppy would help, but the part that goes under my head had really cheap and firm stuffing. I was starting to wake up with headaches and neck aches. So i ditched the Boppy and bought a $10 body pillow from Target and love it.
    I think that's because Boppy is a breastfeeding pillow.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Boppy makes other pillows besides the ones for breastfeeding.
  • Options
    I have a Dreamgenii and love it. I am never sleeping without it ever again, even after I'm done being pregnant. I'm like JLo in the Backup Plan with my pillow.
  • Options
    I found the pregnancy pillow to be very uncomfortable. I prefer to use regular pillows instead.
  • Options
    I stole a pillow from our guest bed to sleep with between my knees. It instantly cured my hip pain while sleeping and that I had during the day. I also hug a blanket that helps prop me up. Best thing about both of these? They were $0 instead of $60.

Also they didn't take up a lot of the bed, which keeps DH happy.
  • Options
    I have the snoggle-mini, I chose it due to it being half the price of the regular snoggle and it being smaller since I'm only 5'2 and didn't want to completely evict my SO from the bed. I really like it overall and it really helped up until around this last week. Now I just use another pillow with it.
  • Options
    I love my leacho snoogle!