January 2016 Moms
Options

Baby shower Need advice

well it pains me to say that I will not be having a baby shower

Re: Baby shower Need advice

• Options
    edited September 2015
    What advice do you need? Sucks you aren't having a shower but I'm sure you will manage
  • Options
    Like how to deal with everyone else being excited about there baby shower it makes me feel super sad I have no real friends or close family
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was in a new city when I was pregnant with my first I thought for sure I wouldn't have a shower but a very nice couple of coworkers stepped up and did it. You might still have one- it's still very early.
  • Options
    Know and on the Internet
  • Options
    Aww thanks everyone
  • Options
    Baby showers are fun but such a minor event compared to the gift you will get when you have your baby. Don't compare to people online. There are always people a lot better off than you in some way and always people a lot worse off. You'll make yourself miserable if you focus too much on either. If it bums you out more to read about other peoples' showers, avoid those threads.
  • Options
    I'm not having a shower. Family and friends are far away (most on another continent) and I only know a couple of people here so far. I was a little upset when my best friend had her shower last month, but that was more because I was missing this huge event in her life (birth, not necessarily the shower). My MIL still convinced me to make a registry, for the completion discount, and in case any of my American family asked for it. 

Don't let it get you down, lots of us are in the same boat, and the baby's arrival will far out-shadow showers etc. Just enjoy being pregnant in the meantime!
  • Options
    I'm not having a baby shower either. Parents, sisters and in laws are in 4 different states. I started 2 registeries because my family asked me to. Everyone's already making plans to visit when the baby is a little older. Don't let it get you down!
  • Options
    Awww. I have a very small family (just mom and my niece -- my sisters both have bad addiction problems so I don't see them often and haven't seen my dad in 20+ years), and not many close/real friends where someone would offer to throw a shower so I understand how you feel. Soon baby will be here and that will be the most amazing. Plus with baby come so many opportunities for new friendships and experiences - so stay positive, the best is yet to come.
  • Options

Awww. I have a very small family (just mom and my niece -- my sisters both have bad addiction problems so I don't see them often and haven't seen my dad in 20+ years), and not many close/real friends where someone would offer to throw a shower so I understand how you feel. Soon baby will be here and that will be the most amazing. Plus with baby come so many opportunities for new friendships and experiences - so stay positive, the best is yet to come.

Thanks sweetie that helps lol I thank you for advice honey
  • Options
    dksport03 said:

I'm not having a baby shower either. Parents, sisters and in laws are in 4 different states. I started 2 registeries because my family asked me to. Everyone's already making plans to visit when the baby is a little older. Don't let it get you down!

Thanks honey
  • Options
    Ebiejay said:

I'm not having a shower. Family and friends are far away (most on another continent) and I only know a couple of people here so far. I was a little upset when my best friend had her shower last month, but that was more because I was missing this huge event in her life (birth, not necessarily the shower). My MIL still convinced me to make a registry, for the completion discount, and in case any of my American family asked for it. 

Don't let it get you down, lots of us are in the same boat, and the baby's arrival will far out-shadow showers etc. Just enjoy being pregnant in the meantime!
    Thank you !!!!!! I won't let it get me down I promise!!!!
  • Options
    Scullahoo said:

I'm not having a baby shower, I'm sure there will be loads of mamas who aren't having one too. We will have a really good time in January when these babies have arrived and we can party then!

Your right sweetie !!
  • Options
    Definitely register for everything you will buy for baby! This way you will get completion discounts, and who knows maybe you'll end up being surprised, we still have a ways to go! But registering certainly doesn't hurt and you get updates on sales etc. cheer up, you get a baby at the end of this! ;;)
  • Options
    ljalmeida said:

Definitely register for everything you will buy for baby! This way you will get completion discounts, and who knows maybe you'll end up being surprised, we still have a ways to go! But registering certainly doesn't hurt and you get updates on sales etc. cheer up, you get a baby at the end of this! ;;)

Thanks sweetie I will do this and I am cheering up more thanks for making me smile I really needed that
  • Options
    I'm not having a shower and I take pride in knowing that I'm self sufficient and will be purchasing all my own baby things. That kind of independence is nice to have!