May 2016 Moms
Options

Lovenox, anyone?

Anyone else in here doing shots for the next 9 months?  I knew my dr would have me do them, but I wasn't sure when he would start that.  We got my blood work back today and I do have a clotting factor, so I start my shots tonight. 

Re: Lovenox, anyone?

• Options
    Hope it helps! 

Definitely doesn't sound as fun as the kind of shots we aren't allowed.

*Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options

Hope it helps! 

Definitely doesn't sound as fun as the kind of shots we aren't allowed.

Those would definitely be far better shots to have.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have an abnormal clotting factor and was on lovenox shots for my first pregnancy and started immediately when I found out I was pregnant again. I switch sides of my belly button every other day and do it just before bed. It's such a bummer but worth all the hassle for a healthy pregnancy.
  • Options
    I didn't even know I had a problem until 5 days after my last was born. It was a shock. Have you ever done them in your thighs? I've heard that a lot lately and my dr didn't even tell me that was an option.  
  • Options
    I had a blood clot when I was 18 so I knew I had an issue before planning a pregnancy. I have only done them in my stomach, in the fatty parts around the belly button. Insert the needle fairly quick but inject slow for the least amount of discomfort. When I was very pregnant, it was more difficult but not impossible to continue with the stomach. Now that I am used to the stomach it scares me more to try somewhere else!
  • Options
    I've only done them while not pregnant, so I don't know the logistics of a big belly and shots.  :)  My sister, with help, did them in the back of her arm when she got too big.  I don't have help as my dh lives out of state for work.  So I'm hoping the inner thigh will work if the belly doesn't, because I'm not about to ask my 11 year old to do it for me!
  • Options
    I had a PE after my DD. So, I'm now on Lovenox. Boo. My OB said the thigh wasn't as effective (??) so she would prefer the stomach for as long as possible. Yay fun :p
    After 3 losses,our rainbow baby is finally here! DD May 2012, #2 May 2016