December 2015 Moms

The Holy sh*t moment

2»

Re: The Holy sh*t moment

• LMJLLMJL member
    This is crazy! I'm freaking out a little too. But, I'm not buying anything till after the shower, then the fit will hit the shan as they say.

Also, the whole month thing really confused me at first, b/c people want to know what month you are, (weeks mean nothing to them )& I was saying 5 months, when I was really in my 5th month. So we aren't 6 months yet, ladies, just in our sixth month. Maybe that will make you freak out a little less ;)

As far as diapers go, from advice of moms I know, I'm only getting a medium size pack of newborn & a large pack of size 1 & I will be taping the receipt to them & not opening either until the peanut arrives. We make some big babies in my family & my sister's kids went straight to size 1 & were only in them for a few weeks apparently. Similar thing with clothes, I plan on hitting up some consignment places & getting a few newborn & size 1 outfits that I can wash & have ready to go & then keep the tags on everything else in case of enormous baby!

Don't even start talking about nurseries! It'll get done, eventually. And hey, the kid's gonna sleep in my room in the bassinet for the first 2 months or so, right?

Good luck ladies! Sending positive vibes to you all!
  • I'm 26 weeks today and my big goal for my peanut is to get to 36-37 weeks without having them induce me. The thought that I may be only 10-11 weeks from baby is terrifying to me. (Watch, she'll grow like a weed now and I'll go to 42 weeks)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Is anyone registering for diapers? I finally made it to a whopping 30 registry items and I think I'm done.

But the checklists say to register for diapers, I would assume people would just purchase them if they wanted to get them because everyone knows babies need diapers!
  • DandT2point0DandT2point0 member
    edited August 2015
    @satindawl83, babies react to diapers in different ways (fit, allergies, other sensitivities) so I hesitate to stockpile. I registered for one pack of three brands in the newborn and size 1. We'll be able to try the various brands without worrying about a large stash of unusables. I did, however, register for a ridiculous amount of wipes and diaper cream!

ETA if I do receive "too many" diapers pre-delivery, then I'll return them for store credit.
  • rxredhead said:

I'm 26 weeks today and my big goal for my peanut is to get to 36-37 weeks without having them induce me. The thought that I may be only 10-11 weeks from baby is terrifying to me. (Watch, she'll grow like a weed now and I'll go to 42 weeks)

I'm in the same boat. I have a cerclage and I'm pretty sure I won't make it to 40 weeks. My regular OB would like to remove the stitch at 36 weeks. Anything after that is gravy.. So I'm looking at just 12 more weeks? 24+12=36!!!! What?!?!?
  • @satindawl83, babies react to diapers in different ways (fit, allergies, other sensitivities) so I hesitate to stockpile. I registered for one pack of three brands in the newborn and size 1. We'll be able to try the various brands without worrying about a large stash of unusables. I did, however, register for a ridiculous amount of wipes and diaper cream!

ETA if I do receive "too many" diapers pre-delivery, then I'll return them for store credit.

Ooh. Good point. I just said screw it and registered for 4 packs of 88 Pampers swaddlers an hour or so ago...

Excuse me while I take those off. Lmao.
  • Holy shit. One week until the third trimester. @ChiccoBeanz , what have you done?! Byeeee sleep.

• That's me in a week! I had that moment a few days ago when I checked my registry. It has a day counter like when you are planning a wedding and I was 98 days away. I remember how I panicked a little when I was planning my wedding and 100 days away came. That was just a wedding! This is a baby! Whoa. I'm excited but apprehensive too.
  • Holy shit. One week until the third trimester. @ChiccoBeanz , what have you done?! Byeeee sleep. image
    This is how I look when I think about making a registry
  • keiragann said:

I'll be 27 weeks on Wednesday and I'm freaking out. We went to paint the nursery and when we were mudding the walls (we have an old house with plaster walls) a huge chunk fell off and there is black mold behind there :( so now we are rushing around trying to figure out if we need to gut the whole room and sheet rock it or just the wall where the mold is. I now have a wreck of a house, no place to put the baby stuff stuff and three months to try to pull it all together. I'm trying not to stress out too much and everyone keeps telling me I have time but I feel the crunch. Also seeing the crib box in my dining room everyday doesn't help.

Look into heat treatment and finding out how the moisture got in there heat works wonders kills the mold
    And anything else alive but doesn't distroy your house or cost as much. And it is chemical free :)
  • Is everyone on this thread a FTM?
    This is the s.l.o.w.e.s.t p.r.e.g.n.a.n.c.y e.v...e.r.
    Maybe having a 3 and a half year old asking daily when her little brother and Christmas will be here make it seem longer.
  • @satindawl83, babies react to diapers in different ways (fit, allergies, other sensitivities) so I hesitate to stockpile. I registered for one pack of three brands in the newborn and size 1. We'll be able to try the various brands without worrying about a large stash of unusables. I did, however, register for a ridiculous amount of wipes and diaper cream!

All our issues came with wipes and diaper rash creams with DS. We went through several brands and types to find products that didn't give him a rash. I'd follow the same idea with those as with the diapers, don't stock up too much until you see what works with baby.

@LC122 I'm a STM. For me this pregnancy is zipping by. Then again I have a 10 month old who is walking and is a hard core climber so he's into EVERYTHING and keeping me constantly busy.
  • FTM and this pregnancy is rushing by. I just bought 2 small packs of diapers and 4 packs of wipes today which freaked me out!! We have a few pieces of clothing but we are waiting until after our shower to buy anything else. I just can't believe how fast time is flying by.
  • I tried to return diapers for store credit and was told it was against store policy (Target and Walmart). They would only exchange sizes. Grr.
  • We bought a crib on Sunday having it in our house has definitely made me have that moment about twenty times since then. So exciting /scary!! Third trimester in two weeks for me!

• I will be 27 weeks this weekend :-& I'm in disbelief at how fast it's gone by! Maybe bc I'm a FTM. Ikea shopping trip for the baby's furniture is our little third trimester celebration this weekend lol
  • LC122 said:
    Is everyone on this thread a FTM? This is the s.l.o.w.e.s.t p.r.e.g.n.a.n.c.y e.v...e.r. Maybe having a 3 and a half year old asking daily when her little brother and Christmas will be here make it seem longer.
    I'm going to be a FTM (God willing) and at first I was thinking: Sheesh this takes forever... but then with my wedding coming up in 13 days and then seeing that my 3rd trimester starts in like 11 I was like Holy shit it's actually not that far and registries make me cry lol
  • kawolt said:
    I tried to return diapers for store credit and was told it was against store policy (Target and Walmart). They would only exchange sizes. Grr.
    I hope everyone who's been stockpiling keeps their receipts and/or that all the diapers that they bought actually work on their baby :) Also take note of the date that some receipts have on them for returns and exchanges.

STM here. Have not bought any diapers for this new little one and probably won't until a week before due date.

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Omg I totally agree!!! I will be 26weeks tomorrow and I can hardly believe it... I will be in the 3rd trimester in a week! It's starting to get scary! I lost sleep last night because I was thinking "o my god that means soon I will have to push this little guy out" minor panic attack... Am I the only one who gets a little freaked out? Lol
  • Holy guacamole! Week 27 is 7 months?? I thought it was 29 weeks! I'm 7 months in less than a week! Time to start shopping!!!
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
  • I had a bit of a freak out when my best friend got a baby at work (NICU) with a due date that was a few days after mine. The thought that she feasibly could be here any day is terrifying. Poor little guy is only 1lb 3oz, but doing well so far!
  • LC122 said:

Is everyone on this thread a FTM?
    This is the s.l.o.w.e.s.t p.r.e.g.n.a.n.c.y e.v...e.r.
    Maybe having a 3 and a half year old asking daily when her little brother and Christmas will be here make it seem longer.

Nope, third time mom. Rushing around trying to keep up with my older kiddos and trying to get stuff ready for newbie is making time fly. I'm still digging through my daughter's closet for the NB onesies I know have to be buried in storage boxes somewhere and I still have to get my older 2 transitioned to sharing a room sometime in the near future (I won't get to it, I'll be scrambling to set up their room while baby stays in mine for several months)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • babyblottbabyblott member
    edited August 2015
    I'm 26 weeks tomorrow and have 99 days left as of today! Now that is scary!
  • megamommy32megamommy32 member
    edited September 2015
    We are First time parents. We started at 20 weeks ...I'm 27 weeks now. My Husband and I have completed my sons nursery and we have purchased all big ticket items aside from the high chair ... I don't believe in waiting until the last minute or depending on others to supply my child's needs! We are having a shower to celebrate and to allow people to bring what they want ...not what we need or demand ... We are stress free and have no worry about getting certain things ...also if the baby comes a little early we are ready. There is nothing wrong with getting the things u feel u need to get for your child. He/she belongs to you not other people. We bought the crib, bassinet, stroller/car seat, dresser and room decor, clothes, a case of diapers for each stage, a bottle gift set, a carrier and breast feeding pillow, shoes, a car seat cover since he is due in Dec and blankets. Babies come early all the time ...I can't depend on others or a shower for my child's necessities. The other small things like bath stuff and toys can be bought by others if they choose to.