March 2016 Moms
Options

NT Testing

I have my NT test scheduled for Tursday and I am sooooo nervous about it! I am 36 years old and it has been 11 years since I went through pregnancy with my DS. I was pregnant four years ago but that ended badly. I was put on bedrest at seven weeks because they thought I had a sub chorionic hematoma, which later after D and C they found was a MC twin. Anyways things kept progressing fine with the other baby and I never bled. At my all clear 12 week ultrasound the baby wasn't moving, I was devastated. I had a D and C done and they found out the baby had mosaic Down syndrome. I had done fertility treatments to get pregnant that time.

So now here I am with a very much surprise pregnancy that happened with no medical help. This week has been hard because I know the other baby stopped growing at eleven weeks, which I just finished my eleventh week this week. Now this ultrasound is 12w3d and I am so nervous once again it won't be moving. I have no signs that anything is wrong just nervous. To top it off I know the other one had s for of Down syndrome so what if this one does as well? We had genetic counseling last time and have no history on either side of it so they say it was a fluke. Does it happen more with fertility treatments?

So my question is, will I know the results of the NT test on Tuesday? I know it is only giving me chances of s problem but I'm still curious if I will know immediately or will have to be nervous longer and how much longer?

Re: NT Testing

• Options
    ecwkecwk member
    I had my NT scan yesterday and the tech was able to tell us the measurement of 1mm right away and that it was normal. I also had blood done but I actually don't know what that will tell me... But the scan seemed to show everything is ok. So you should probably get some indication at your scan. Don't stress, just because your baby had Down's in a previous pregnancy does not mean this one will. Good luck :)

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for you reassurance! I have my ultrasound scheduled at 7:30 and then an appointment with perinatologist at 8 so I was hoping to hear something.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ecwkecwk member
    The very best of luck to you!!!

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you had to go through all that. That must have been awful and no one should have to deal with all that. I had a somewhat stressful nt scan with my last and it's weighing heavily on my mind that I'm older (33 at delivery) this time and I'm really nervous about my nt scan this time around, it's monday. I can only imagine how you are feeling given your past.
    The measurement itself will give you some reassurance but it will probably be a week or two until you get the combined results. But I bet just seeing your baby happily kicking around in there will be a huge relief in itself.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I was told the results of the scan right after the tech finished. My scan was on a Friday and I got the blood work back on the next Tuesday. All positive results! Good luck!
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. I am trying to relax. I have had some very very minor cramping on my left side today occasionally so that makes me worry more. I know my body is growing and it is probably just that but it still worries me. I can't wait until Tursday to be sure!
  • Options
    I was told the scan looked good immediately during the us. I'm high risk due to age. They also did the harmony test. I'll get those next week. I've had minor cramping too and everything is good. Good luck at your appt try to not stress ( I know it's hard)
  • Options
    I don't have any info for you because I am a FTM but I will also be 12w3 days on Thurday and I will be having the scan done that morning as well. I'll be thinking about you! Good luck, I'm sure everything will be fine (:
  • Options
    Thanks. I really haven't felt anything else at all. I am suffering horribly from allergies right now too since I can't take me good medicine. So maybe it was from sneezing so much!
  • Options
    I had my test today and everything went great! The baby had a nose bone heart rate of 158 and Michael measurement of 1.5. I had the blood test done too but he is sure everything will come back just fine.
  • Options
    @melzseb Yay!! Congrats!!

December Siggy Challenge

imageimageimage
  • Options
    melzseb I was thinking about you today! I am glad that everything went well. My ultrasound was fine and I will wait on blood work next week but my doctor isn't concerned either! Yay!! 
  • Options
    I got my results fast! Test was Thursday they called me Tuesday. Everything is great and I'm team blue! Yay!
  • Options
    I got my bloodwork done last Tuesday and still nothing :/ they said if I don't hear from them by Tuesday which will be 2 full weeks to call them. They don't call on weekends and Monday is a holiday so I guess I am waiting a full 2 weeks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

melzseb I was thinking about you today! I am glad that everything went well. My ultrasound was fine and I will wait on blood work next week but my doctGor isn't concerned either! Yay!! 

That is awesome!