1st Trimester
Options

DTD 48 hours before ovulation lead to BFP?

Hi everyone I am new to this site and just wanted to reach out for some help! this is my second month TTC and im still confused as to how everything works! I have been using OPKS, temping, and checking CM. I had a POSITIVE OPK on Saturday CD18 and my DH and I DTD on CD16, 17, 18, 20. According to Fertilityfriend I ovulated on CD22. I could have sworn I felt O pains on Monday so I thought I ovulated Monday! can someone please help me! even if I ovulated CD20 or CD22, do I still have a chance of getting my BFP this month? Did any of you end up getting your BFP's similar to a story like mine? I have no symptoms of pregnancy, not even sore boobs. I just have some mild cramping and Cm is dry/sticky. Any answers would really help! thank you! :-)

Best Answer

Answers

• Options

Thank you TheBarg7of9.

I just hope to see my BFP this cycle because I had horrid pains on my right side radiating to my sides and bottoms, I just know I must have ovulated. when I saw my OPK surge Saturday morning, I tested again at night and the line was gone, so I figured i would ovulate Sunday or Monday, but fertilityfriend completely threw me off by saying i ovulated Wednesday. I just hope Dh and I DTD well enough this month :/

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Norien said:

Thank you TheBarg7of9.

I just hope to see my BFP this cycle because I had horrid pains on my right side radiating to my sides and bottoms, I just know I must have ovulated. when I saw my OPK surge Saturday morning, I tested again at night and the line was gone, so I figured i would ovulate Sunday or Monday, but fertilityfriend completely threw me off by saying i ovulated Wednesday. I just hope Dh and I DTD well enough this month :/

Norien said:

Thank you TheBarg7of9.

You can't know if you ovulated without temping. Are you temping?
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• Options
    Temping is a must and the only absolute way to know if you ovulated. Also ,taking charge of your fertility, as recommended above, is very helpful. Good luck!
  • Options
    I think you would really benefit from reading Taking Charge of Your Fertility. First of all, when you taken OPK it is not tell you when you ovulate. It only tells you that you get an LH surge. And LH surge may lead to ovulation on the same day or five days later. Second, the only way to know when you ovulated is to chart your temperatures. Yes you are fertile two days before you ovulate. One day before ovulation and two days before ovulation or actually the best days for TTC.
    God, I love you.

• Options
    Pretty sure I got pregnant by DTD 5 days before ovulation, based on temping to see ovulation. So 2 days is definitely possible