3rd Trimester
Options

Due dates !

im a FTM, I got my first ultrasound at 9 weeks 6 days, matched exactly up with my LMP. I also got one at 19 weeks and that matched up as well perfectly and my 27 week one did too. I was just curious what that meant because I've herd that's uncommon for lmp and ultrasound dates to match. Does that mean I got pregnant exactly 9 weeks ago from my first ultrasound? Sorry I'm just confused.

Answers

• Options

im a FTM, I got my first ultrasound at 9 weeks 6 days, matched exactly up with my LMP. I also got one at 19 weeks and that matched up as well perfectly and my 27 week one did too. I was just curious what that meant because I've herd that's uncommon for lmp and ultrasound dates to match. Does that mean I got pregnant exactly 9 weeks ago from my first ultrasound? Sorry I'm just confused.

It doesn't mean anything other than you're as far along as your LMP says you are. Either way I'm just confused why this is a concern to you?
  • Options
    It just means you happened to ovulate on day 14 of your cycle, which is what dating by LMP assumes in its estimate. This isn't especially odd and is nothing to be concerned about.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine is usually the same, too. With DD, it was 1 day off from the LMP EDD. With this LO, it's the same as LMP EDD at both the dating u/s and the a/s.

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    It means your cycle (or at least that cycle) was exactly 28 days, and you ovulated and conceived on day 14. It's the same for me, means you're very regular.
    Pregnancy Ticker