September 2015 Moms
Options

How long did your induction take?

So they decided to induce me yesterday, I was only .5 dialted and like 10% effaced, after 12 hours of cervidil I'm only up to 1.5 and 50%. I was hoping to be a little farther and able to start the pitocin, but they decided to do another 12 hours of cervidil to ripen the cervix more... Baby is doing well only a few variables in heart rate but over all she's great :) how long did your inductions take?

Re: How long did your induction take?

• Options
    A little over 10 hours! I was 3cm dilated and 60% effaced when they began the process for my first.
  • Options
    I'm sorry it's taking a while. Each of my induction took about 5-6 hours. But with both I was already dilated to 4cm and at least 50% effaced. Also my OB said that my cervix felt very favorable.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    adtaylor2015adtaylor2015 member
    edited September 2015
    My induction lasted 12 hours total. I was not dilated or anything at the beginning. They inserted a foley bulb then started pitocin.

7AM - inserted foley bulb
    7:15PM- delivered
  • Options
    Mine started on a Tuesday morning and I gave birth Thursday around midnight. Getting induced again, so hopefully it won't take as long this time! 
  • Options
    DS#1 was 11 3/4 hours and DD#1 was 6 almost 7 hours.
  • Options
    Sunday night I got cervidil around 8, next morning cytotex around 10, had my boy around 11 that night.
  • Options
    Cervadil at 8:45pm weds night, had my son at 4:15pm Thursday afternoon. Was 2-3cm and 75% effaced, -1 station going in. FTM also. Good luck!
  • Options
    Cervidil was given at 1am. Was about 1.5cm dilated and 70 %effaced. Dr broke water at 7am.
  • Options
    27.5 hours. I'm hoping this time sound will be much quicker!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    11 hours or so, water broke at 6 am, went to the hospital and was admitted, I think I got the cervix suppository prostin at 7 or so and then got the pitocin around 10 maybe? Came in at 0 cms and 0% effaced. Was stuck at 3 cms for most of the day. Delivered at 6:36 pm. Good luck!! Induction sucks. I tore a lot because my poor body had no idea what was going on and it all happened so fast.
  • Options
    momofsweetpsmomofsweetps member
    edited September 2015
    I was induced with my first using just pitocin and it took 9 hours from the time they started pitocin to when she was born. I was already dilated and 80% or so effaced.
  • Options
    I was 2cm and 80 percent effaced when they induced. 14 hours on potocin only got me to 3 cm even at the max dose, the contractions were not at all painful. The Doctor decided to break my water and do a membrane sweep. I delivered 2.5 hours later and barely got the epideral done in time
  • Options
    Going to be checked soon, but I'm not having any contractions or cramps. It's already been 24 hours on cervidil.. I think they're going to try a 4 hour one next. I feel like they are taking it slow because of the cord maybe? I'm not really sure. Thanks for the good luck wishes!! Hopefully by tomorrow I'll be posting my birth announcement :)
  • Options
    My induction took 57 hours and ended up in a c section. I was 0 cm and 0% effaced when we started. My body refused to progress and the only reason why I made it to 3 cm was because the Foley ballon forced me there.
  • Options
    I made it to a 3!! Still only 50% effaced and at a station -2. Starting pitocin in an hour, but already contracting some on my own : D I feel it's going to be a long night and morning but finally making some progress.
  • Options
    Before starting the cervidil I was 1 cm and 25% effaced and after the 12 hours I only increased to 2.5 cm and 50% effaced
  • Options
    From start to finish my induction took 26 hours. I ended up having a c section but not because of being induced. It was for other good reasons. Good luck!
  • Options
    SydneyBxoSydneyBxo member
    edited September 2015
    I went in 1cm & 50%.. started cervidil at 11am on a Saturday morning & they took it out at 11pm that night. Never checked me or anything while I had it in. However, I went into active labor on my own by 1:30am Sunday morning, just a couple hours after taking it out. I was a 4 by then, labored until around 6am until the pain got too bad & I got my epi. They gave me a little pitocin after that & I progressed pretty well throughout the morning. My son was born at 3:05pm. So total induction, about 28 hours.

SYDNEY(26) DH(27) MARRIED - 10.9.09

DS RHETT 2.12.12

TENLEY REESE DUE 9.5.15 

• Options
    I went in at 6:30am. Had to have 4 people try to start an IV. It was a disaster because they kept blowing my veins. Finally started pitocin at 9am. OB broke my water at noon. Delivered at 3:21pm so 6.5 hours total after I finally got my IV.
  • Options
    As of right now we are at a 7 and fully effaced. Gosh this girl is stubborn!! OB broke my waters at noon and I was a 5 then... Got the epidural because omg now that I started feeling the contractions, I cried they hurt so bad. Hoping it's not long now.
  • Options

As of right now we are at a 7 and fully effaced. Gosh this girl is stubborn!! OB broke my waters at noon and I was a 5 then... Got the epidural because omg now that I started feeling the contractions, I cried they hurt so bad. Hoping it's not long now.

Any updates??
  • Options
    @piscesmommy222 yes! She is here, born at 543 pm and doing amazing, I seriously can't put her down. I put most of the details in my birth announcement, induction took forever but delivery was easy, thank goodness! I did get horrible shakes when I reached 9cm all the way until after delivery.