August 2015 Moms
Options

**Thursday UO**

We haven't done this one in a while. What's your unpopular opinion today?

Re: **Thursday UO**

• Options

I've started cosleeping with this baby and I LOVE it. Mostly because I can sleep again. I'm not sure if this is necessarily an unpopular opinion, but people definitely have their opinions on the subject, either for or against.

I co slept with my first daughter until 8 weeks, and I didn't like it as much, but this baby is over 3 weeks old and we have not been sleeping well at all. The last two nights where I've said "fuck it, let's put her in the bed" are the best two nights of sleep we have gotten since bringing her home.

I hear ya. I try my best to have him sleep in the bassinet or Rock n play but some nights just get sooo tiring and the only thing that works is having him sleep with us and we all sleep great. No judgement here! I'm all about sanity and happiness

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    nakoppel said:

Idk if this is a UO but I have such a love/hate relationship with nursing. And it's kinda getting more to the hate side. I truly believe I'm doing what's best for baby and he's so good at it. But I feel very isolated when I have to nurse him. Having to walk away from social gatherings etc. it's also annoying when I'm the only one who can feed him. It's just stressful going out in public. I just wish I could switch to formula and feel good about it :-/. I'm not saying moms who formula feed are bad I just feel im doing best by my LO by nursing im just starting to dislike it.

I hate breastfeeding. Hate hate hate.
  • Options

I've started cosleeping with this baby and I LOVE it. Mostly because I can sleep again. I'm not sure if this is necessarily an unpopular opinion, but people definitely have their opinions on the subject, either for or against.

I co slept with my first daughter until 8 weeks, and I didn't like it as much, but this baby is over 3 weeks old and we have not been sleeping well at all. The last two nights where I've said "fuck it, let's put her in the bed" are the best two nights of sleep we have gotten since bringing her home.

LO ends up in my bed every night and I always feel so guilty but she won't sleep anywhere else. Both my boys did also though..
  • Options
    nakoppel said:

Idk if this is a UO but I have such a love/hate relationship with nursing. And it's kinda getting more to the hate side. I truly believe I'm doing what's best for baby and he's so good at it. But I feel very isolated when I have to nurse him. Having to walk away from social gatherings etc. it's also annoying when I'm the only one who can feed him. It's just stressful going out in public. I just wish I could switch to formula and feel good about it :-/. I'm not saying moms who formula feed are bad I just feel im doing best by my LO by nursing im just starting to dislike it.

I feel the same way. I love it when I am home alone and during the day. I hate it when I have to do it in front of people.
  • Options
    neludelu said:
    I feel the same way. I love it when I am home alone and during the day. I hate it when I have to do it in front of people.

Yes! This morning it's just been me and LO (DH went back to work) and I've been SO MUCH less annoyed with it!
  • Options
    I hate disposable diapers. They're just so absorbent! I'll admit that I have forgotten to change DD more than once.
  • Options
    jakira92 said:

I don't care when I lose track of which pacifier belongs to which baby... :-S

My twins shared everything. Bottles, pacis, medicine droppers... It's just too much mental energy to keep things segregated!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    cseley321cseley321 member
    edited September 2015
    I was told by my doctor not to drive until I get permission after my 2 week check up. I got stir crazy today and drove around with the baby. I feel great so I don't see the problem, but of course my husband found out and he is mad... the baby is just shy of 2 weeks old and I took her by my old job but only stayed 10 minutes

Also I haven't been logging any of the feedings, diapers, or anything since leaving the hospital
  • Options

Here's my UO, or maybe non-PC opinion.... I get pissed when people don't vaccinate their kids. We've had several cases of whooping cough in our county in the past month. According to the news reports, my county has one of the highest vaccine exemption rates in the state. Come on people! DD won't be able to get her first TDAP shot for another 5 weeks. I don't care what you read on vaccinessuck.com or wherever you're getting your "research". You're putting my kid in danger. X(

And stepping off my soapbox now....

This x1000
  • Options
    pabeybaby said:

My hubby is one of those people who's sort of a know it all and is always telling me how to do things. Which is a huge pet peeve of mine. I've told him a dozen times I hate it but he just says "I'm not telling you what to do, I'm just giving you advice." Ugh.
    There's times when I want to tell him to shove it when it comes to baby related things. I'm the one who carried her, I'm the one who gained a lot of weight (who's always struggled with that issue as well), I'm the one who couldn't sleep at night or get in and out of the bed. I'm the one who threw up for twenty straight weeks. I'm the one who had to have the c section, and I'm the one who's cried over trying to breastfeed. Sorry not sorry that he can't do any of these things. Also, I'm the one who's spent hours reading and researching things on pregnancy, birth, newborns, etc. Not him. I feel like he should just shut up, even though it makes me feel kind of like a bitch. %-(

This exactly. My husband has been all over me on the breast feeding and it just makes me so upset. I know he's just trying to help but I feel like he's criticizing me
  • Options

my UO is pharmacists and doctors who just say pump ans dump for 3 days without even bothering to look up the meds you're on. So I took it upon myself to look on Lactmed, and everything I have taken is perfectly safe for breastfeeding! I've dumped like 15 ounces that I didnt have to! I am LIVID!

Always look it up yourself or double check with a LC. I am a nurse and rarely take care of breastfeeding patients, but when I do I make sure that if possible we are giving them medication that is safe for breastfeeding