April 2016 Moms

UO Thursday

2»

Re: UO Thursday

• Ladies.  I got one for you. 

I don't like coffee.  At all.  No lattes, macchiatos, cappucinos, whathaveyou. 
    I love it, but can't drink it anymore. It gives me insomnia at night, even if I only drink one cup in the morning! :((
  • KDHB13 said:
    2nd UO: I'm over the moon excited that they dropped Tom Brady's suspension!!!! Long over due IMO. Long live TB12!!!

BOOOOO!  This is brought to you by a forever cheesehead. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • KDHB13 said:
    This is for you too then @Jules08! But, I do enjoy watching the Packers and Aaron Rodgers. I hope for another Packers/Pats Superbowl each year!

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
    BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
    BFP #3 11/2015, CP
    BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016

• KDHB13 said:
    KDHB13 said:
    This is for you too then @Jules08! But, I do enjoy watching the Packers and Aaron Rodgers. I hope for another Packers/Pats Superbowl each year!
    That's okay, the boys in green and gold have plenty of trophies of their own and it IS the Lombardi trophy after all ;)  Not to mention they are America's team.  Tee hee!  Now just if they could stay injury free - not off to a good start with Jordy out :(
  • KMorley3 said:
    sarahufl said:
    Nutella is beyond disgusting. 
    GASP!! I eat it out of the jar. With a spoon. Not on anything- just alone.

I love nutella, but not as much as cookie butter :) Have you had this ? It is AAHHMAZING !!

I LOVE cookie butter! Trader Joe's is definitely the best.  
  • I really hate football. My husband and two sons are super into it but I can't pretend to be interested. I usually just leave the house or nap during games. It stinks because they want to be a "family of fans" but I just can't do it.
    The part of football I like the most is the big plate of nachos that we get during half-time. Otherwise, what's this game about?

Basketball, on the other hand, is a different story.
  • knitknit said:
    I really hate football. My husband and two sons are super into it but I can't pretend to be interested. I usually just leave the house or nap during games. It stinks because they want to be a "family of fans" but I just can't do it.
    The part of football I like the most is the big plate of nachos that we get during half-time. Otherwise, what's this game about?

Basketball, on the other hand, is a different story.
    This is why I go to mixed-company viewing parties. I can sit in the corner, gossip with my ladies, and eat all the yummy food... and the men can watch sports. bleh.
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Ladies.  I got one for you. 

I don't like coffee.  At all.  No lattes, macchiatos, cappucinos, whathaveyou. 

I can one up you...I don't like coffee OR chocolate :)
  • Oh man, most of my opinions are unpopular. The Dark Knight sucked and was totally overrated. I hate melons, mayonnaise, mustard, sour cream, ham, pickles, and fruity desserts of any kind (includes fruit flavored ice cream, pies, strawberry shortcake, etc.)! Oh and I don't like the yoga pants fad and that show The Office? Totally not funny at all. And I don't like sports either or any new music. I also don't watch new tv shows or read new books. I mostly like old stuff.
  • I think transformers and avengers are some of the worst movies ever made.
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Margotsha said:

KDHB13 said:

2nd UO: I'm over the moon excited that they dropped Tom Brady's suspension!!!! Long over due IMO. Long live TB12!!!

As a Buffalo fan, all I have to say is....  :-q

Buffalo Bills fan here too!! And I agree, if you cheat you should be punished for it.

• LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #3 11/2015, CP

• Oh man, most of my opinions are unpopular. The Dark Knight sucked and was totally overrated. I hate melons, mayonnaise, mustard, sour cream, ham, pickles, and fruity desserts of any kind (includes fruit flavored ice cream, pies, strawberry shortcake, etc.)! Oh and I don't like the yoga pants fad and that show The Office? Totally not funny at all. And I don't like sports either or any new music. I also don't watch new tv shows or read new books. I mostly like old stuff.
    I hate mustard too, but the highlighted part is just not cool at all! 
    I'm with you on ham, but The Dark Knight was amazeballs, yoga pants are incredible for post-baby and toddler life, The Office is hilarious and I live for sports.

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #3 11/2015, CP

• I've never had cookie butter, but now I want some.

I'm not sure if this is an UO: what is going on with breastfeeding selfies or "brelfies." One of my best friends does them and it's not just a picture of the baby nursing - it's an up close of the baby sucking on her nip. I understand being a proud breastfeeder, but I think that's extreme. 
      BabyFruit Ticker      image 
  • What is this cookie butter and why do I not have any? Get. In. Mah. Belly.

UO: NKOTB > 1D.
  • My husband has never had mustard, ketchup or mustard! ... Though sometimes mustard sneaks into my recipes.

Cookie butter sounds absolutely revolting

UO: I only enjoy watching sports in the company of other people who enjoy sports, I can get into football and basketball sometimes. But golf and baseball are just mind numbing to watch, especially on tv
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I hate all sports. I would rather just watch the wind in the trees. I simply cannot understand any of the attraction anyone has to them at all, much less how they get all worked up over them.

I wish there were a Facebook filter where I could block all posts about: sports, religion, and diet/exercise.

• I've never watched Harry Potter, nor do I care to. And when I go to universal studios with my friends I don't get why they are so excited for the exhibit. I guess I will never know lol.
  • AliSummer said:
    I've never had cookie butter, but now I want some.

I'm not sure if this is an UO: what is going on with breastfeeding selfies or "brelfies." One of my best friends does them and it's not just a picture of the baby nursing - it's an up close of the baby sucking on her nip. I understand being a proud breastfeeder, but I think that's extreme. 
    @alisummer It's mostly part of a move to "normalize" breastfeeding. The thought is that if people were more used to seeing moms nursing their babies, perhaps we would be able to nurse in public without being shamed, feeling like we needed to hide or cover up, etc. I say good for your friend for not being afraid to do the best she can by her baby and work towards rights for nursing moms everywhere.

I don't understand why it's totally fine for a girl to post a picture in a teeny bikini that shows MORE boob and body parts than nursing, but people get so offended by a nursing picture. Because it's not sexualized? Is that all women/our boobs are good for then... to be the object of sexual desire? No thank you. 

I nursed my son in public frequently with and without a cover (depending on the circumstances, weather, my own comfort, what I had with me, etc.) and never had issues... but i know many people who were told to cover up, or even worse, been insulted for feeding their babies. So I applaud anyone who is making a positive step to show that breastfeeding is normal and healthy and women shouldn't' have to be ashamed of that.
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • AliSummer said:

@alisummer It's mostly part of a move to "normalize" breastfeeding. The thought is that if people were more used to seeing moms nursing their babies, perhaps we would be able to nurse in public without being shamed, feeling like we needed to hide or cover up, etc. I say good for your friend for not being afraid to do the best she can by her baby and work towards rights for nursing moms everywhere.

I don't understand why it's totally fine for a girl to post a picture in a teeny bikini that shows MORE boob and body parts than nursing, but people get so offended by a nursing picture. Because it's not sexualized? Is that all women/our boobs are good for then... to be the object of sexual desire? No thank you. 

I nursed my son in public frequently with and without a cover (depending on the circumstances, weather, my own comfort, what I had with me, etc.) and never had issues... but i know many people who were told to cover up, or even worse, been insulted for feeding their babies. So I applaud anyone who is making a positive step to show that breastfeeding is normal and healthy and women shouldn't' have to be ashamed of that.
    I agree that breastfeeding needs to be normalized. I fed my son when and where he was hungry and I plan on doing the same thing with the baby I am currently carrying.

But, taking up close pictures of your breastfeeding doesn't normalize it, it sensationalizes it. A "normal" breastfeeding picture might be a group picture with a woman breastfeeding in it or a lady lounging on a picnic blanket feeding her kid. A close up of a baby sucking on nipple isn't what you would see if you saw a woman breastfeeding in public. If you got as close to her child and breast as a brelfie, she might call the authorities. 
      BabyFruit Ticker      image 
  • I don't like any kind of salad dressing, and I really, truly like a plain salad!

Also, Ann Hathaway & Taylor swift are 2 celebs that make me groan. No clue what it is about them, they just irritate me.
    DD #1 4 years old (09/22/09)
    DD #2 2 years old (08/17/11)
    DD #3 born 08/29/13

• AliSummer said:
    AliSummer said:

I agree that breastfeeding needs to be normalized. I fed my son when and where he was hungry and I plan on doing the same thing with the baby I am currently carrying.

But, taking up close pictures of your breastfeeding doesn't normalize it, it sensationalizes it. A "normal" breastfeeding picture might be a group picture with a woman breastfeeding in it or a lady lounging on a picnic blanket feeding her kid. A close up of a baby sucking on nipple isn't what you would see if you saw a woman breastfeeding in public. If you got as close to her child and breast as a brelfie, she might call the authorities. 
    Dude, I am so with you on this. The best way to normalize something is to.....act normal about it. You need to feed your kid in Target? Feed it. But don't scream and shout about it. I plan to BF and will do it where it needs to be done. But you don't have to draw ALL THE ATTENTION to something to make people like it.