Trying to Get Pregnant

UO Thursday

Let's hear those unpopular opinions ladies! 

Re: UO Thursday

• ftrMrs0 said:
    I don't care for wine.  NOPE.

Also---holy heck at "the post that shall be unnamed" digressing so quickly.  DANNGGG.
    I know right! I've only been here a short while, but that was the most hurtful thing I have seen on this board.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Loading the player...
  • suprasamsuprasam member
    edited September 2015
    I didn't know it was going to turn out like that :/ that was upsetting to read..
    Sorry to intrude btw!
  • Pickles are disgusting.

• @suprasam I agree.  Just went from 0-60 so fast.  :-(

Formerly: FtrMrsO

Me: 34  DH: 35

Married: Oct. 2007

TTC #1:  June 2015

BFP#1 3/19/16  MC 3/28/16

BFP #2 5/26/16 EDD 1/31/17

• I don't like fancy restaurants.  I want to like fancy restaurants but I just feel like their food is blah.  I would rather have pub food any day of the week.  DH and I have been looking for a fancy schmancy restaurant for our anniversary on Sunday and finally gave up. We're just not those kind of people, and that's okay. 
    Me: 31 | H: 32
    Married September 2014
    TTC #1 December 2014
    RE appt 12/2015
    CD3 labs normal | HSG 1/8/16 clear | H's SA excellent
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility
    February 2016, cycle 16 - cycle #1 with Letrozole 5mg + TI | Progesterone=20.6
    BFP 2/24/16 - EDD 11/7/16
    It's a girl!
    Isla Quinn born 10/29/16 at 38w5d via C/S
    --------
    TFAS March 2018
    RE consultation 8/2/18
    Suprise! BFP 8/8/18 natural cycle | EDD 4/19/19
    It's a girl!
    Afton Noelle born 4/10/19 at 38w5d via natural VBAC
  • MEA0320MEA0320 member
    edited September 2015
    m6agua said:
    ftrMrs0 said:

Also---holy heck at "the post that shall be unnamed" digressing so quickly.  DANNGGG.
    I know right! I've only been here a short while, but that was the most hurtful thing I have seen on this board.
    That was a crazy thread and super hurtful. Hopefully it won't effect your days too much. 

My UO - I hate the daily pictures of people's babies. I know I said this last week but it's getting super old... I'm happy for my friends and don't mind the monthly pictures, but these daily ones are killing my newsfeed. 

Edit: grammar sucks 
    Me: 30 DH: 32
    Married: 09/18/2009
    TTC #1: 01/2015
    BFP #1: May 2015 | EDD: Jan 2016 | MC: Jun 2015
    TTC#2: 07/2015

• edited September 2015
    ftrMrs0 said:

Dang... someone PM me the post before it's gone please!!!!!!

ETA - nevermind, found it and DANG!
  • @Deeny14 You mean you don't like Bixley???   =))

• ftrMrs0 said:
    I really REALLLYYY dislike when people make their kids give hugs.  Like REALLY REALLY REALLLLLLY dislike.
    The only time I approve of this is when it's with family. When my grandparents were still here, some of my cousin's kids refused to hug my grandparents, it really pissed me off. (I say this with the knowledge that I think my grandparents were the best and I wish I could still hug them today). 

But random people; yeah, I don't want your kid to hug me. 
  • crdocrdo member
    edited September 2015
    ftrMrs0 said:

@suprasam I agree.  Just went from 0-60 so fast.  :-(

I go to lunch and come back to *that*.

Edit for gif fail.
  • I don't do the shopping cart covers for my kids. I just wipe with a baby wipe and go. My kids get more germs from daily life.

It drives me nuts when folks get all Sanctimommy while even before the kid is out of the oven (or before they are pregnant even) about certain things. Parenting is a jungle and man, sometimes you do what you have to do to survive. I don't like to be that "just you wait" mom, but dang man-- sometimes its the only way to respond.

I'm not a Lactivist, but I expect to be left alone while NIP. No, I don't cover, but no my boob isn't hanging out. My kid is 2. Folks LOSE THEIR MINDS that he is still nursing. Like, its amazing. Give a toddler soda and its cool-- breast feed them and you are damaging them for life apparently.

Last one (because I'm in a mood today)-- I wish folks would stop equating verbal ability with gifted or intelligent kids. Both of mine are speech delayed (and receiving services). Its a genetic, neurological delay passed down on my husband's side. My husband had it and he's one of the most intelligent people I know. My kids are quick as lightning to pick up new concepts and learn things. They just can't perform like trained poodles to show you. My MIL is insufferable with this shit. She wants my kids to rattle off information to PROVE they are smart. They can't do it and she just keeps pushing and doing the whole "what will people think? They'll think they are retarded! Don't be lazy! Teach them always!" . I told her even if they had down syndrome and people thought they did that I wouldn't care. Individuals are individuals and I love my kids for every stage they are at. I don't care what some random might think of my kid-- BUT I wish other parents would get some damn awareness and stop saying "Little Johnny is speaking at 1! He's SO SMART!!!"

SPEECH DELAYED KIDS ARE NOT STUPID. /flail

Thank you for this. DS is 1.5 years old, and he really only speak gibberish, with the occasional word thrown in. I recognize he may need services in the near future, but I focus on his strengths (of which he has many), and I hate the judgement I feel at the playground from other moms.

• I don't do the shopping cart covers for my kids. I just wipe with a baby wipe and go. My kids get more germs from daily life.

It drives me nuts when folks get all Sanctimommy while even before the kid is out of the oven (or before they are pregnant even) about certain things. Parenting is a jungle and man, sometimes you do what you have to do to survive. I don't like to be that "just you wait" mom, but dang man-- sometimes its the only way to respond.

I'm not a Lactivist, but I expect to be left alone while NIP. No, I don't cover, but no my boob isn't hanging out. My kid is 2. Folks LOSE THEIR MINDS that he is still nursing. Like, its amazing. Give a toddler soda and its cool-- breast feed them and you are damaging them for life apparently.

Last one (because I'm in a mood today)-- I wish folks would stop equating verbal ability with gifted or intelligent kids. Both of mine are speech delayed (and receiving services). Its a genetic, neurological delay passed down on my husband's side. My husband had it and he's one of the most intelligent people I know. My kids are quick as lightning to pick up new concepts and learn things. They just can't perform like trained poodles to show you. My MIL is insufferable with this shit. She wants my kids to rattle off information to PROVE they are smart. They can't do it and she just keeps pushing and doing the whole "what will people think? They'll think they are retarded! Don't be lazy! Teach them always!" . I told her even if they had down syndrome and people thought they did that I wouldn't care. Individuals are individuals and I love my kids for every stage they are at. I don't care what some random might think of my kid-- BUT I wish other parents would get some damn awareness and stop saying "Little Johnny is speaking at 1! He's SO SMART!!!"

My oldest was speech delayed - almost no words until he was 3. He has an IEP (he's on the spectrum), went to a SPED preschool, and is a scary smart, well read, sweet 2nd grader. 
  • I HATE it when I say something, and the listener responds with "Oh, really?". Yes. Were you not paying attention? Have I given the impression I made it up? Was I joking? Those words just came out of my mouth so YESREALLYIJUSTSAIDITOMG.

I know it's commonly just a way to say "interesting" or "huh, I didn't know that". Full disclosure: I tend to be rather literal, so it irritates the daylights out of me.

The end.

• Deeny14 said:

I don't do the shopping cart covers for my kids. I just wipe with a baby wipe and go. My kids get more germs from daily life.

Thank you for this. DS is 1.5 years old, and he really only speak gibberish, with the occasional word thrown in. I recognize he may need services in the near future, but I focus on his strengths (of which he has many), and I hate the judgement I feel at the playground from other moms.
    HUGE SQUISHY HUGS. Its really hard to keep your chin up and not feel for  your kids when you've got other moms giving you the "pity face" and the "at least they are cute" SHIT. I tell you, I feel like I have to defend my kids, and I do most of the time so they can hear it. Its more for them to understand that I stick up for them when people say dumb, hurtful shit. I want my kids to know that I love them where they are at and we will get where we need to be together.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• sgach said:
    I can't stand when people post mushy stuff on each other's walls and it shows up on my timeline. What's wrong with a text message or a in person? It doesn't make me think they're love, it actually makes me think they've been fighting and just made up :-w
    This. Can this go out to my brother and his girlfriend? I seriously think she knows that no one likes her so she *tries* to flaunt their relationship on Facebook where it can be fake. It makes me nauseous but it's like a wreck, I can't help but watch. 
  • @PrimRoseMama yes to all that but especially the Sanctimommy which in my case isn't even a mom yet she's my sister. She is always trying to give advice to me and my other sister about our kids. Whenever she gives advice i just want to say I hear what you're saying but SHUT UP!! I'm sorry but until you are in it you don't know how you'll handle it. 

My UO: I don't have a Facebook account.
  • @PrimRoseMama yes to all that but especially the Sanctimommy which in my case isn't even a mom yet she's my sister. She is always trying to give advice to me and my other sister about our kids. Whenever she gives advice i just want to say I hear what you're saying but SHUT UP!! I'm sorry but until you are in it you don't know how you'll handle it. 

My UO: I don't have a Facebook account.
    OMG THAT would make me twitchy. I say babysit for me and THEN talk. :P

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• mrstmoose said:

sgach said:

I can't stand when people post mushy stuff on each other's walls and it shows up on my timeline. What's wrong with a text message or a in person? It doesn't make me think they're love, it actually makes me think they've been fighting and just made up :-w

This. Can this go out to my brother and his girlfriend? I seriously think she knows that no one likes her so she *tries* to flaunt their relationship on Facebook where it can be fake. It makes me nauseous but it's like a wreck, I can't help but watch. 

Glad I'm not the only one!!!!!
    TTC1: May 2015
    Primary IF May 2016; Failed HSG; Scheduled Lap Sept. 2016
    BFP: August 22, 2016/EDD: April 29, 2017
    DD: May 1, 2017
    TTC2: June 2019
    CP September 2019
    Lap and repeat HSG scheduled December 2019
    BFP: November 24, 2019/EDD: August 2, 2020
  • sgach said:
    I love posting mushy stuff  :D
    We don't do it a lot, neither of us really posts a lot anyway, but I love seeing a little post from him or sending him a post. Especially for anniversaries!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015 

• I don't like fancy restaurants.  I want to like fancy restaurants but I just feel like their food is blah.  I would rather have pub food any day of the week.  DH and I have been looking for a fancy schmancy restaurant for our anniversary on Sunday and finally gave up. We're just not those kind of people, and that's okay. 

Our wedding anniversary is Sunday, as well! It's our first. Happy anniversary!
    Me: 31; DH: 31
    NTNP: May 2015
    TTC #1: late August 2015
    PCOS Dx: January 2016, starting Femara Feb 2016
    BFP: 2/29/16 - Happy Leap Day!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I don't think you need to say hi or nod to everyone you see walking down the hallway at work or the street.  Too many people and I just find it hollow.  I am actually an extrovert but feel like it's a waste of time to talk unless the conversation can least 5m or more.  
  • ftrMrs0 said:

I really REALLLYYY dislike when people make their kids give hugs.  Like REALLY REALLY REALLLLLLY dislike.

Yes! It makes me really uncomfortable when I'm the recipient. I'd rather fist bump the kid than they be forced to show me affection. I feel like it's training them to have ppl in their personal space despite their comfort level, which could be a dangersous gateway.

Me: 31; DH: 31
    NTNP: May 2015
    TTC #1: late August 2015
    PCOS Dx: January 2016, starting Femara Feb 2016
    BFP: 2/29/16 - Happy Leap Day!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ash9614 said:
    I don't like fancy restaurants.  I want to like fancy restaurants but I just feel like their food is blah.  I would rather have pub food any day of the week.  DH and I have been looking for a fancy schmancy restaurant for our anniversary on Sunday and finally gave up. We're just not those kind of people, and that's okay. 
    Our wedding anniversary is Sunday, as well! It's our first. Happy anniversary!
    Our first too!! Thanks, and happy anniversary to you as well!
    Me: 31 | H: 32
    Married September 2014
    TTC #1 December 2014
    RE appt 12/2015
    CD3 labs normal | HSG 1/8/16 clear | H's SA excellent
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility
    February 2016, cycle 16 - cycle #1 with Letrozole 5mg + TI | Progesterone=20.6
    BFP 2/24/16 - EDD 11/7/16
    It's a girl!
    Isla Quinn born 10/29/16 at 38w5d via C/S
    --------
    TFAS March 2018
    RE consultation 8/2/18
    Suprise! BFP 8/8/18 natural cycle | EDD 4/19/19
    It's a girl!
    Afton Noelle born 4/10/19 at 38w5d via natural VBAC
  • *child mentioned*

@PrimRoseMama My, now 8 year old, DD didn't talk or potty train till she was 3.5, she was in speech therapy for years and just wasn't interested. You wouldn't know it if you met her now, she can and will talk nonstop if you let her. I figure she's making up for loss time.

• Deeny14 said:

I agree too!  My DD is autistic and developmentally delayed and non-verbal.  At 4, she can't say even a single word. And people assume because she can't speak, she isn't smart.  It really pisses me off when I get comments like "Oh look at that, she really is in there" Like they are shocked she can figure things out.

• I agree too!  My DD is autistic and developmentally delayed and non-verbal.  At 4, she can't say even a single word. And people assume because she can't speak, she isn't smart.  It really pisses me off when I get comments like "Oh look at that, she really is in there" Like they are shocked she can figure things out.
    WTF is wrong with people?!? I'm sorry people are so rude!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015 

• @PrimRoseMama YES THANK YOU.
    My son(1.5) has many delays- some related to his birth defect and prematurity, some not- and I am so freaking tired of people treating me like I'm not doing as much as I can. Yes, he's 20 months and not speaking real words and not walking and that's okay. You don't know half the shit we deal with because I don't tell insensitive bitchy people about it all. He's smart as fcuk, you just have to know how to communicate with him and see what's going on outside of those things.
    image image
  • mrstmoose said:
    sgach said:
    Yes to all of this!! It drives me batty. I knew a couple who did this constantly, and I nearly dislocated both my eyeballs from rolling them so much. They eventually broke up, with half of that being on Facebook too. Ugh. 

Image result for green dog

Me: 30 DH: 32
    BFP #1: 9/12/2015
    DD: 6/1/2016
    BFP #2: 1/16/2018 MC 2/2/2018