November 2015 Moms

When did you start?

When did your boobs start leaking? I'm 31 weeks and still nothing. Getting a bit worried seeing all this talk about people leaking around 25 weeks.

Re: When did you start?

• I never leaked with my last pregnancy and I had no problems nursing. 31 weeks and still no leaking with this one
  • I also didn't leak with first and I haven't started yet with this either. I wouldn't worry about it. You don't want them leaking! It's no fun.
  • Loading the player...
  • I didn't leak with my last pregnancy, I nursed him until I was 2 months pregnant wth this pregnancy. I wouldn't worry about it! I do suggest, using the hospital grade rental pump while at the hospital. I found that it helped my milk come in faster with my last baby than with my first pregnancy. I would pump after each feeding (even when nothing came out).
  • I've started at 27 weeks. It's reaaaaaally small leakage, barely a drop, and it only happens when I'm not wearing a bra. Boo. But yeah, just enjoy not having the strange sensation. :)
  • I started leaking with my first pregnancy at 19 weeks.  I didn't leak at all with my second.  Until after birth that is.  And then it really only happened if I waited too long to pump or feed her.  Or in the shower.  I haven't leaked at all this time yet either at 29 weeks.

photo 2c2eea5b-cb3d-4ba5-8e22-39fd2841956b_zps4ux1rnnr.jpg

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Mine never leaked last time haven't this time either. I breast fed for 2.5 years. Leaking is not an indication of breast feeding success.
  • Never have leaked before. With DD2 I breastfed with no issues. Usually comes in a day or 2 after birth.
  • I've never leaked before delivery and have always had over supplies. Nothing to worry about!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I didn't leak last time and the LC said I was producing enough for twins. Be glad you don't have to wear breast pads this early.
  • mrsgabusmrsgabus member
    edited September 2015
    Well I'll be the odd ball then . I didn't leak with my first , started leaking at 25 weeks with my second and with this one I've been leaking since 16 weeks .

• I had one leak the other day because I was laying on my left boob kinda weird... It was on my shirt and the bed. Oops. Hasn't happened since then but I went and bought pads just in case.
  • Never leaked with my first and haven't leaked yet with this one. Now I'm kind of nervous that I may have just jinxed myself.
  • I started leaking around 20 weeks. As pp said though, it's not an indicator of whether you will be able to breastfeed or not. My mom leaked with both me and my sister, but never had enough milk to feed us. My sister didn't leak at all and had no problems breastfeeding.
  • Every time I pass this thread I think when did you start.... Your period!!! Not when did you start leaking :).

And to answer that question with my first 3 not until a day after they were born and I assume it will be the same with this one to.
  • I'm glad you asked this question since it had been on my mind too. I'm not leaking and I saw that it was a "symptom" a few weeks ago (but was glad I didn't have to worry about breast pads). Of course, I'm not getting BH, either, and I'm okay with that too!
  • 30 weeks here with my first pregnancy, and no signs of leaking yet. 
  • With my son I started leaking around 20 weeks, this time it was earlier.
    It really is no indication of supply. No need to worry.
    Baby Boy born on 1/14/13
  • With my first never. Only had one breast come in about 3 days after he got here. He was an early c section. With my second it came in right after I gave birth VBAC.
    image BabyFruit Ticker VOTE on my Name List
  • 31+ weeks here and no sign of leaking, luckily. But I wasn't concerned because all my reading says it may or may not happen and not to worry if it doesn't.
  • I'm glad you asked this question because I was wondering the same thing and now I feel better about it lol thank you.
  • Be thankful you're not leaking. My bras will never be the same.
  • I started leaking around 16w, and this is my first pregnancy.  As PPs have mentioned, it's nothing to worry about.  I've heard it has no correlation to milk supply after Baby arrives.
  • 30 weeks and no leaking! but just went out and bought some nursing pads just in case :) 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • This is my 5th pregnancy. I've never leaked with any of them. I had plenty of milk. I nursed all of them for 1 year...no pumping, no bottles, and no formula. I wouldn't worry at all.
  • Thank you for all the great replies ladies! I feel much better :)
  • Curious with the moms that leaked during pregnancy the nursed after birth, did you leak a lot after birth?

I have never leaked during any of my pregnancies and was lucky enough to only really leak in the beginning of nursing, like the first 2 weeks. I was wondering if there is any connection to this???