November 2015 Moms
Options

Thank you gift for baby shower host?

Does anyone have a good idea for a gift for the host of the baby shower? My MIL & SIL are hosting us a shower and I wanted to get them something to say thank you... Ideas?

Re: Thank you gift for baby shower host?

• Options
    My mom and MIL hosted mine and I made them each a bragbook for LO and a gift card for a massage, and some of their favorite snacks/treats.
    photo 978af5ba-08bb-4481-86d8-3ab82265c5c3_zpsc80d6cf2.jpg div align="center">photo f1bdfba8-890a-4221-be22-61d4a9f99eee_zps89ebc57e.jpg
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Mine is hosted by my MIL and a friend. I am thinking about getting them each a bottle of their favorite alcohol, but I kind of want something more special. Also, I'm not a huge fan of getting glared at in the liquor store.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm not having a baby shower, but I remember for my bridal shower I sent the host flowers as a thank you.
  • Options
    I gave my hostess a basket with wine/beer and chocolate pairings. No shame in my game. Firm believer that experiences or edibles are the way to go with gifts.
  • Options
    My mother & sister are throwing mine. I will probably give them restaurant giftcards. I like the flowers idea that PP mentioned, too.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Flowers and gift cards are always great
  • Options
    If they like wine then I go go their favorite wine, or a coffee card.
  • Options
    My BFF threw mine and I got her a spa gift card as a thank you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've been looking on etsy. There are some adorable pieces of jewelry and other little gifts. I searched specifically for Grandma gifts for my mom and MIL and "auntie" stuff. I like the wine label stickers, too. They are thank you notes that you put over the wine bottle label (maybe not if it's a good bottle!) that say personalized little poems or whatever you want.
    @Favoritemandms I was with my bf in the gas station, he was buying a bottle of alcohol and I a sweet tea. I don't know if the lady thought we were making mixed drinks or what, but the look she gave me..haha.
  • Options
    I got them necklaces from etsy that had a heart with grandmother and the other one said aunt and the had a pearl charm and a charm with the baby's first initial. They loved them!
  • Options
    I got my hostesses these with their initials. I ordered one for myself too lol. https://www.etsy.com/transaction/1057873209

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Here's a pic and link to the store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SAjolie She shipped it out the next day!
  • Options
    For my first shower I got them each a candle, pretty dish towels and hand soap in a cute mason jar from home goods
  • Options
    Love lush! Their vegan bath products are amazing, especially their bath bombs. Sugar scrubs are nice and cheap to make, too.
  • Options
    My husband and I are driving to CO from TN for our shower, which is being thrown by my cousin. The last time she visited us here, we got some Blackberry wine from a local area. I will probably take her a bottle of that wine since she loved it so much. And maybe some biscuit mix from another local area that we visited while she was here.
  • Options
    For our son we had three showers...ya
    For our coed shower hosted by friends, we got them each a $100 gift card to heir favorite restaurant and offered to babysit.
    For our aunts and parents friends that threw the other showers we got them each a nice bottle of wine and flowers.
    Each was also given a handwritten thank you note.
    Baby Boy born on 1/14/13
  • Options
    My sister did mine and I got her two Alex and Ani bracelets. I wanted to get her something she would actually use/wear and remember what a wonderful day it was!
  • Options
    I'm doing one of those edible arrangements things for my mom (minus kiwi since my mom is allergic) and the other host has kids that she has on this "special diet" because she swears it's changing their behaviors.. Let me just assure you because I watched them yesterday.. This diet isn't doing shit... They are still crazy bad kids who don't listen to anybody.. So for her I'm not sure what I'm going to do because she will decline things if her kids can't have some because of their "special diet".. Yup this should be fun..
  • Options

I'm doing one of those edible arrangements things for my mom (minus kiwi since my mom is allergic) and the other host has kids that she has on this "special diet" because she swears it's changing their behaviors.. Let me just assure you because I watched them yesterday.. This diet isn't doing shit... They are still crazy bad kids who don't listen to anybody.. So for her I'm not sure what I'm going to do because she will decline things if her kids can't have some because of their "special diet".. Yup this should be fun..

What about a zoo or children's museum membership for the "special diet" friend?
  • Options

She already has those or I would totally do that!! I was thinking about a state museum membership... It right next to the zoo and is open about 3 hours longer.. I could also do season tickets to some Indians games (minor league baseball so they will be cheaper)
  • Options

Make sure to see if you can talk to Edible arrangements about your mom's allergy before they make your order. I had a coworker who had an allergic reaction to fruit from edible arrangements because of cross-contamination. She's allergic to mango, and there must have been mango on the cutting board because there was none in the actual arrangement.
  • Options

Make sure to see if you can talk to Edible arrangements about your mom's allergy before they make your order. I had a coworker who had an allergic reaction to fruit from edible arrangements because of cross-contamination. She's allergic to mango, and there must have been mango on the cutting board because there was none in the actual arrangement.
    Thanks for the heads up!! I didn't even think about that!! Will make sure to keep that in mind!! Thanks :)
  • Options
    She already has those or I would totally do that!! I was thinking about a state museum membership... It right next to the zoo and is open about 3 hours longer.. I could also do season tickets to some Indians games (minor league baseball so they will be cheaper)
    I think you are in Indy, what about passes to Conner Prairie?  (Of course depending on the age of the kiddos, but I think they have expanded recently are more than just what we experienced as kids)
    Baby Boy born on 1/14/13
  • Options

@oorl11052015 maybe she wants to get away from the crazy kids and a certificate for the spa would be nice! Taking that many kids out to places probably is a lot to handle especially is the place she goes to doesn't have food to fit their "special diet"
  • Options
    I'm giving my sisters in law a small basket with a bottle of wine and Lush bath products. Mom and MIL probably something special that says grandma, like a frame that they can put his newborn pic in
  • Options
    I love the DIY mason jar gifts- pedicure in a jar, homemade sugar scrub, stuff like that. Think about what they like and go from there. Good luck!