September 2015 Moms

natural inductions?

twmilftwmilf member
edited September 2015 in September 2015 Moms
wanted to know if any ladies tried any of the old wives tales to go in to labor? of course it's best to wait until babies are full term, and sometimes these remedies don't work & a baby will come when ready.. with that being said :^o have u ladies had any luck with anything natural ???

Re: natural inductions?

• lesliecostalesliecosta member
    edited September 2015
    There are threads "weirdest ways to induce" and "natural ways of inducing" available in the search. I hope that helps!
  • Loading the player...
  • ugh idk what happened with that post

but I was saying I've tried a few

ate a whole pineapple (literally whole pineapple didn't work.. never wanna see a pineapple again)

orgasam - nice but didn't start labor

danced - about to dance again after I post this

castor oil (pls don't stone me lol) it actually gave me the most results cause I had contractions for about 6 hrs and then they died. I only took an ounce as apose to 2 ounces like ppl say and my doctor didn't have a problem with it.
  • I went in for acupuncture on my due date with my first and my water broke within 24 hours. I can't say that's the reason I went into labor, but would do it again in a heartbeat.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image    image

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • With my first I was 6 days over my EDD so I resorted to VERY spicy food + sex and that night my contractions finally set off. I had lost my mucus plug the day before so not sure if it really was the sex and spicy dinner but I plan to try it again this time around if I go past my EDD!
  • All I've tried is bouncing on my ball and it just gave me period type pains when I got off lol but nothing else
  • part of me is tempted to try the castor oil again.. only thing is I don't want false labor I want the real thing
  • None of that works lol! But... I had 3 sessions of acupuncture over a 6 day period and about 2 hours after the last session (40w2d) my water broke. Not saying that's why but I believe it might have helped jump start things... ;-)