pregnant with an incarcerated partner? — The Bump
Single Parents

pregnant with an incarcerated partner?

So I am a couple days away from my due date with my first child my husband is currently incarcerated he's been in jail since July. as of right now we communicate via phone call letters and I'm allowed to see him twice a week.we thought he was going to be here for the birth of your son. But unfortunately he went in and has a release date of late September. since he won't be home for at least a month after our baby is here and I'll be on my own.
I wanted to see if there's any other mommy or mommy to be that have been thru this or are currently going through what I'm going through? See how you guys went through it? did you guys take your kids to see your husbands or Baby daddy? how did you get through it on your own? where you on your first child?
what kind of advice do you moms or moms to be have for me?

Best Answer

• ashleyl1990ashleyl1990 member
    Answer ✓
    For my first child with my bs he got out just in time for our son birth but he won't be out til a month after this baby born I'm due in October he don't get out til November but early on I don't take my baby to see him my baby is too young to be there so he won't see him til he get home
    mommie81

Re: pregnant with an incarcerated partner?

• @ashleyl1990 that's a blessing he made it on time. I was hoping my husband would be here but they setba release date of sept 29. And I'm set for and inducement on Wednesday. I 'm sorry to hear he won't be there. How do you deal with going through labor without him.?
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm going through that right now except my boyfriend is being deported back to the states. I'm really struggling to figure out how to be a single mom. This is my first child.