March 2016 Moms

Ticker Change Wednesday 9/2

Week:

What's new with baby (size, development):

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby:

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions:

GTKY: What is your favorite scent, especially when you're not pregnant?
DS1 - 9/21/11
DS2 - 7/4/14
DS3 - 2/21/16
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our family of 5 is complete!!  Love our boys!

Re: Ticker Change Wednesday 9/2

• skruhminskruhmin member
    edited September 2015
    Week: 13!!!  Wahooooo second trimester (on some sites)

What's new with baby (size, development): PEACH!!!  Apparently the baby is forming teeth and vocal cords(??)

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby: Bought some new maternity leggings.  I've never been gigantor pregnant in the winter so I want to be cute with sweaters and scarves with the leggings.  Now I just need boots for my giant skis.  And might have picked a boy's name??  Isaac, which means "He laughs" - God definitely laughed at our plans of just having two kids :) it took us over 25 months to conceive our two boys.  My cycle is never off and I ovulated 5 days early and surprise.  Someone is definitely giggling up there.

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: I woke up today not needing zofran.  The question is do I risk not doing it and wait until I need it or do I take it proactively?  Praying the end of the nausea is in sight.  The exhaustion is still kicking my butt.  And I DEFINITELY just felt baby.  No doubt.  And it seriously just makes me smile.  That is one feeling I will never get tired of and is absolutely my favorite part of pregnancy. 

GTKY: What is your favorite scent, especially when you're not pregnant? PUMPKIN!!!  I still love it even pregnant.  I love fall and that it's EVERYWHERE!!!
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• edited September 2015
    Week: 13, baby!!!! I also count this as the beginning of the second trimester. SUCK IT sites that disagree.

What's new with baby (size, development): "If you're having a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries." I find that slightly insane...

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby: I went through my storage totes looking for my maternity clothes and can only find my pants. No shirts! Past me: y u no pack this shit in the same tote?? So my shirts are MIA for now.

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: I feel great! I only get nauseous when I'm super tired. I'm already over the nighttime peeing though... eyeballing DD's diapers...

GTKY: What is your favorite scent, especially when you're not pregnant? Lavender epsom salts! I sit in the tub and sniff inside the bag for like 5 minutes before I actually put them in. I'm also in love with my lemon verbena dish soap. It makes doing the dishes enjoyable!

ETA: I tried, and failed yet again, to gif :(
    *TTC since July 2010
    *BFP #1- 11/12/12, m/c 11/16/12 @ 6 weeks
    *BFP #2- 1/23/13 EDD 10/4/13  

*Emma Rose: 10/8/13

*BFP #3- EDD 03/9/16

March '16 December Siggy Challenge- Favorite Christmas Movie/Quote
  • Loading the player...
  • edited September 2015
    Week: 13!

What's new with baby (size, development): Peach! But we must only have monster peaches here in CA, because the one in my refrigerator is certainly bigger than 3"

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby: Doctor in an hour and a half for my NT testing today! Anxiety levels are up a little, hopefully for no reason.

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: Anyone else without much of an appetite still? Husband took me out for a lovely dinner last night to celebrate our 2nd wedding anniversary, and I could barely eat my relatively small plate of food. Then I felt guilty because it was expensive and it tasted really good and I felt like I was wasting it.

GTKY: What is your favorite scent, especially when you're not pregnant? Oh this is a hard one! As far as like bath products go, I love pear scented lotions and stuff. But in general, I love the smell of coffee brewing, cinnamon rolls baking, or even chopped onion sautéing on the stove when I start to make dinner.

ETA: Appointment went so well! The Perinatologist was so nice, told us everything looked great. Little peach was not too squirmy, but waved hi to us, and was measuring ahead at 13+4. Can't stop smiling!
  • Week: 11!! YAY!! Just glad to have made it this far!!

What's new with baby (size, development): lime/fig size, developing nail beds, tooth buds, and hair follicles

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby: My energy is back so I've gone back to my running routine but I've decided to cut waaaay back on my mileage.

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: Symptoms all seem to be getting better. Nausea isn't all day anymore! Woo hoo!! It is triggered by certain foods though. :(

It varies depending on the weather. Spring and summer I love the rain smell, lavender, strawberries, peaches, and beautiful day (bath and body works smell). Fall, I love pumpkin spice, cinnamon rolls. Winter, fresh baked sugar cookies, gingerbread and coffee...

December Siggy Challenge

imageimageimage
  • yodapupyodapup member
    edited September 2015
    Week: 13! (There seems to be a bunch of us :) )

What's new with baby (size, development): Peach (that pic looks so good right now lol)

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby: Nothing really new. Looking at baby names, paint schemes when we find out the sex, etc

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: Nausea is almost totally gone but now heart burn has taken over. Boo!

GTKY: What is your favorite scent, especially when you're not pregnant? Hard one cuz I don't really have a favorite. Vanilla, pumpkin, coffee, cinnamon all smell good to me :P

ETA: I had my last appt yesterday and I was so nice to hear that little heartbeat. Music to the ears :x
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Week: 13!!

What's new with baby (size, development): little peach! Wow, she grew this week!

Borrowed some maternity clothes yesterday. I already have winter clothes, but with temps in the 90s this week, I've been wearing my one maxi skirt every day. My bump is noticeable now! Getting the looks and smiles from acquaintances.

Hungry all the time! What are your go-to pregnancy snacks? I had lunch at noon, then at 1, I was starving and had a bowls of grapes, a plum, and a bag of trail mix. Still hungry! Trying to avoid eating an entire sleeve of Ritz crackers, but when I inevitably run out of all the other food in my house...

Fresh or essential oils citrus--esp. lemon!
  • For all the mommies starting 2nd trimester congrats!
  • jilloboe said:
    Week: 13!! What's new with baby (size, development): little peach! Wow, she grew this week! What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby: Borrowed some maternity clothes yesterday. I already have winter clothes, but with temps in the 90s this week, I've been wearing my one maxi skirt every day. My bump is noticeable now! Getting the looks and smiles from acquaintances. Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: Hungry all the time! What are your go-to pregnancy snacks? I had lunch at noon, then at 1, I was starving and had a bowls of grapes, a plum, and a bag of trail mix. Still hungry! Trying to avoid eating an entire sleeve of Ritz crackers, but when I inevitably run out of all the other food in my house... GTKY: What is your favorite scent, especially when you're not pregnant? Fresh or essential oils citrus--esp. lemon!
    Dear you need protein!!!!  Try apples and peanut butter, string cheese, celery and hummus.
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Week: 14 weeks!

What's new with baby (size, development): I always thought that 14 weeks was second trimester so I'm going to join in with that celebration this week.

Pulled out maternity clothes and am at least for the bottoms wearing them consistently.

I am definitely starting to show more pregnant! It is almost hard to hide at this point. I'm amazed how much faster I am showing this pregnancy. Also I must be going through a mega growth spurt because I feel all stretched out and even a little achy.

Campfire and Christmas tree.
  • Awww... I'm happy for all you ladies but, but, but *sob*.... I don't wanna be all by myself still stuck in the first trimester :(

December Siggy Challenge

imageimageimage
  • Yes, I'm eating a lot of nuts and cheese. I normally love hummus, but it's not sitting well. I think I'm doing pretty well with protein during meals, but it's those snacks I need help with. Thank you!!
  • Week: 12 ( dont worry @soxfan9968 im still in the 1st with ya)

What's new with baby (size, development): already the size of a plum. growing so fast! its crazy to think that if I poke my tummy they will react...

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby: not to much going on on this front other than just making sure I'm getting enough good food during the day. hard when I'm chasing around my very active 11.5 month old...

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: Rant my fur babies (cats) felt the need to blanket the downstairs vomit. (I think its a bad batch of food) but I'm paranoid that they have that intestinal parasite that is super bad for us pregos (one of my cats has had this and vomiting was her only symptom...) now I'm side stepping piles of cat vomit waiting for my husband to get home from work to clean it up... and I will probably have to haul them to the vet to get checked.... just for peace of mind.

GTKY: What is your favorite scent, especially when you're not pregnant? so I'm sitting here trying to figure out my favorite sent.... you all picked a bunch of my favorites already. but I'm going to have to say Garlic... I know weird. and to clarify not the type of garlic smell someone has when they eat garlic (yuck) but the smell of roasting garlic or it cooking in a pan. (i'm a foodie so...most of my favorite smells are of food.)

September march16 siggy Challenge
  • Don't worry @soxfan9968 I bring in the end of the month with an EDD if March 30th!!

Week: 10!!

What's new with baby (size, development): prune but my ovia app compares baby to toys/games and this week the baby is the size of a Lego man. Much cuter! ;)

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby: Watching the Facebook BST groups for maternity clothes! I've found some awesome deals!

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: I'm actually feeling much better this week but know I'm not in the clear so I'm cherishing all of my good days!!

GTKY: What is your favorite scent, especially when you're not pregnant? Anything fall!! A couple years back I found some room spray with the scent of "falling leaves" and it was heavenly.
  • Week: 11...

What's new with baby (size, development): lime

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby: gave in to belly bands and some maternity pants. Starting to look at names and nursery furniture! Oh and lost of consumer reports reading for car seats!

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: super sick but primarily in evenings. Counting down to this subsiding.

Fresh baked anything! Cookies, cupcakes, brownies...mmmm

I love seeing the variety in these weekly updates! Lets me know what to look forward to with many of you ahead of me!
  • RunKrissyRunRunKrissyRun member
    edited September 2015
    Week: 11 

What's new with baby (size, development):  Lime or poker chip depending on my app

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby: Had my first US earlier this week and DH and I are still giddy. Tonight we are signing a lease for a much larger place, upgrading from an apartment to a town house.

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions:  Starting to have a little less nausea. 

GTKY: What is your favorite scent, especially when you're not pregnant?  I love fall and holiday scents: pumpkin, cinnamon, peppermint, evergreen. 

Edited: So that I made sense. 
  • Week: 13

What's new with baby (size, development): s/he is the size of a peach now!

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby: I bought a few second hand baby items. Also, we heard the heartbeat at my appointment on Monday, which was amazing.

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: I am still tired and definitely have a noticeable bump now!

Cinnamon, vanilla, birthday cake, pumpkin, Christmas tree.
  • Week: 12

What's new with baby (size, development): A plum yay!!!

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby: Nothing really trying to eat healthy but it's hard since this baby only seems to want sweets and sour things.

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: waiting on my Panorama results the wait is killing me.

GTKY: What is your favorite scent, especially when you're not pregnant? Fresh baked bread is my favorite I try to make at least two loaves a week (all kinds) but I've been so tired I haven't done it in the last few weeks my kids are not happy they miss fresh bread.