Infertility
Options

What CD did you start injectables? Freaking out here!

I'm doing my first round of injectables for use with TI or IUI (tbd). My credit card put a fraud alert on my Gonal-F order and declined the charge when I didn't answer the phone. I left my phone in the other room during dinner and didn't get it. The pharmacy was able to rerun the charge but FedEx already did their pickup that day and doesn't deliver on Sunday. CD1 was today, and I see my doctor tomorrow morning. I'm freaking out since I won't get the medication I need until Monday from 8am-2pm, which would be CD4. I have no idea when the doctor expected to start me.

What day did you start and was it in the am or pm?
Married to DH 10/6/12
TTC since 5/14
Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"

Re: What CD did you start injectables? Freaking out here!

• Options
    Are you doing injectibles only, or in combination with oral meds? This cycle I took Letrozole days 3-7, and Follistim day 6-11. I imagine that if you do injectibles only you may need to start earlier, but not sure?
  • Options
    Oh, and at night...always after 8pm for some reason is what my RE asked.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kidshrink in the evening makes sense, so that at least makes me feel better. I guess that way you can adjust based on morning monitoring. I'm doing injectables only this round, so I guess we'll see in an hour or so. I figured I would just tell the receptionist when I get there today, so s nurse can tell me if I need to skip. My DH did a good job o of making me feel better since I wouldn't have been able to start until CD4 if I didn't start my cycle until this afternoon. I think it'll work out okay, but I'm still stressed about it for now!
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

• Options
    @riveridgional isn't it crazy that these meds are so expensive that our credit cards think it's fraud?! Mine did the same when I bought my trigger shot and they didn't call me, they emailed me. I never would have thought they'd email me so I didn't check it and had to use a debit card instead. What a pain! I'll be interested to see what you find out. I'm supposed to do injectables next and also wondered what cd it would start.
    TTC #1 since August 2013
    Unexplained/ Endo
    Medicated IUIs # 1-3 BFN
    IVF #1- BFN
    FET #1- BFP; Ectopic pregnancy found at 7wks
    FET #2- February 2017 BFP  Beta #1- 119 (8dp5dt) Beta #2- 475 (12dp5dt)
  • Options
    We picked up our meds for IVF on Wednesday...we were going to use DH credit card because of reward points lol but both his cards got declined because of a fraud alert....so delta sky miles on my Amex it was:) My husband was pretty upset- what is the point of having a credit card if you can't use it??
    ******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    Dx: PCOS, blocked L fallopian tube, suspect poor egg quality
    MFI (low #, poor morphology)
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed
    1st DE FET  5/16-BFN :(
    2nd DE FET 7/18-BFP :)
    8/17 Baby HR 140/min EDD 4/6/17
  • Options
    babyexpressbabyexpress member
    edited August 2015
    My card got declined also when I went to pick up injectibles, oral meds, etc.  It was so embarrassing.  My neighborhood bank is literally next door and they still declined me.  The pharmacy said it happens all the time!

I started my injections on CD5 and did a combo with Clomid, which started CD4

Married: 8/29/2009
    TTC- since we got married (off and on)
    TTC with focus: Since July 2015
    Currently had 2 rounds of failed IUIs, failed TI monitored cycle
    December 2015: Starting 1st IVF cycle
    January 2016: Retrieval
    March 2016: Pending Transfer (I have 3 PGS tested embryos waiting for a womb)
    April 2016: BFP, the old fashioned way.

• Options
    Thanks girls! My doctor just got a batch of samples of Follistism, so they gave me one vial and the pen to hold me over. I was supposed to take Gonal-F from the beginning, but I guess it's basically the same thing so it shouldn't matter.

I'm starting tomorrow afternoon, which is cycle day 3. I have to take it between 4 and 6, which is not so convenient for a working woman with a high traffic commute!! I guess I'll just bring it with me to work Monday and take it while I'm there. I was hoping to have my husband give it to me a few times to ease me in first, but now I'll just have to jump right in myself!
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14

• Options
    I found the follistim to be no big deal at all.  I was nervous because i experienced a lot of pain with the Pregnyl, but Follistim was nothing. 

Get an ice pack and numb up before hand.

• Options
    riveridgionalriveridgional member
    edited August 2015
    My nurse said to do the injection about an inch and a half below my belly button. So, do I give myself the shot directly below my belly button or off to the side? Sorry if this is a stupid question!
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14

• Options
    Not a stupid question! I did my injections about 3 inches from belly button. Like midway from belly button to side. I rotated sides and included the thigh like towards the side. The shot needs to be subcutaneous. So in the fat between the skin and muscle. You don't want to get it in the muscle. It'll bruise. My clinic made me sit through a tutorial to show me all of the injections. I found a bunch of videos on YouTube too.
    Married for 4 years. TTC for 3.
    Me: 38 DH: 39
    DX: Unexplained Infertility; found a few fibroids this time around during SIS

March 2012: Clomid for 3 cycles  3 BFNs
    Sept. 2013: started injectables (Follistim, Ovidrel Trigger) IUI BFN

May 2015: New RE. Going IVF. Tests, Tests, Tests 
    July 2015: Microdose Lupron 20u am & pm, Follistim 150iu 75iu am, Menapur 150iu 75iu pm
    Triggered 8/4 ER 8/6 ET 8/11 2 beautiful blastocysts; 2WW
    8/19 hpt BFP! Beta 8/25: 482
    2nd Beta 9/1......3707
    U/S 9/21: 1 beautiful little gummy bear

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    babyexpressbabyexpress member
    edited August 2015
    Exactly what @krbjoy said..

• Options
    I never used an ice pack. The needles are so thin you can barely feel it. So long as you're putting it in the right place. No matter how I tried, there was some bruising. I guess you'll have that.

July 2015: Microdose Lupron 20u am & pm, Follistim 150iu 75iu am, Menapur 150iu 75iu pm
    2nd Beta 9/1......3707

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I started my injections on cd4. Which was the Lupron. Didn't start Follistim and Menupar until cd6. It's different for everyone based on the baseline I guess. I hear ya though, I was supposed to call on cd1 to set an appointment for the next day and no one answered the phone or returned my call. So the next day I called again and was told a nurse would get back to me. Never did. I was livid!! I had to finally send an email complaining before someone got back to me. So I assumed everything was f@*ked because they made me come in a day later than they told me for the baseline. Insane!

2nd Beta 9/1......3707

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @krbjoy and @baby express thanks for all the tips and info

@krbjoy I'm glad everything worked out for you despite the frustration and stress of those first few days! I'm feeling better about everything but plan on watching a few youtube videos. I'm sure, like everyone says, I'll be much more relaxed once the first one is done as everyone seems to agree it's not all that bad!!
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14

• Options
    @riveridgional you're welcome. You got this!

2nd Beta 9/1......3707

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Just wanted to say good luck !! I remember being panicked with my first round of injectables - worried they would make it on time . I was also freakingn out they would hurt . They typically are not bad at all - I have bruises a little but applying ice has helped .

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • Options
    @mskeenan Thanks! I took my first one yesterday with the sample my doctor gave me. I was definitely worried about nothing. I'm literally waiting on my delivery now and hoping it gets here soon! I don't think I can fully relax until it's here!
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14

• Options
    @riveridgional did it make it to you ?! I use freedom pharmacy and they are always really great about getting my meds to me under short notice .

**BFP and loss warning**

• Options
    @mskeenan They made it Monday instead of Saturday, and I used Freedom Pharmacy too. It was more of an issue with my credit card than the pharmacy though I wish the pharmacy would have shipped/run my card earlier in the day as this seems to be a common issue. Everything worked out fine, though, since my doctor had a sample of Follistim to hold me over. I had my first u/s and b/w today, and I have a lot growing in there! I took 125IU for 3 days, and they have lowered it to 50iu today. I'm a little nervous about the cycle cancelling but I go back tomorrow. So, at least I won't have to wait long to see what is going on!
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14

• Options
    @mskeenan completely forgot I already told you part of the above! Sorry for the repeat info!! And, thanks for following up!
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14

• Options
    @riveridgional oh that's great I'm glad it worked !! Ah good luck !!!! Fx for you !!!

**BFP and loss warning**