November 2015 Moms

Glucose test

2»

Re: Glucose test

• I failed the one hour and passed the 3 hour. I wish someone would have told me to fast before the 1 hour. Would have saved me a lot of time. Lol at least i passed. I had it with my 1st child.
  • My ob that I have now doesn't even bother doing the 3 hour test, if you fail the 1 hour test, he puts you on a diet and then goes from there. They gave me my order to go get mine between 26-29 weeks, I will be 26 weeks on Thursday so I'm going to go Friday for it, I've never had a problem passing it before and I hope it's the same this time too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • tayzavtayzav member
    I was told no fasting for my one hour test, but looking back at all these I'm now rethinking the Venti vanilla soy chai I had from Starbucks right before my apt. Whoopsies. I didn't even think about the sugar that has in it. :-? Wonder what my results will be next week.
  • So I called the lab and they said fasting was not necessary, but to avoid anything with a lot of sugar like fruit juice or sweets.
  • Going for my glucose test soon! They told me to have breakfast but makes sure not to eat lots of carbs or sugar.
  • rubirubi89rubirubi89 member
    edited July 2015
    Passed mine today! (Yay) I wasn't really worried since Im not really fond of sugary stuff but anything that may affect the baby makes us worry Just a bit. Got 99, cut off was 132
  • I have my 1 hr coming up and was told to just eat my normal breakfast. For any who have had it already recently (the last I did was years ago and didn't pay much attention to it) do you remember what exactly the blood test is called, like just a glucose panel or an A1C?
  • Ceridwen77Ceridwen77 member
    edited July 2015
    My lab says "glucose-1 (gest)"
  • I'm sitting waiting for mine. It's just glucose, jot the hgb a1c.
  • Hey ladies I took my 1 hour just this past Friday & was told yesterday by the dr's office I failed. The cut off is 137 and I was 159. Type 2 diabetes runs in my family so I'm not sure how much that affects me. But I now have to take the 3 hour test. I'm trying to prepare myself for anything because if I do have GD I want to start changing my eating habits NOW versus needing insulin. Has anyone found a good resource online for meal plans/diets for GD?
  • Hey ladies I took my 1 hour just this past Friday & was told yesterday by the dr's office I failed. The cut off is 137 and I was 159. Type 2 diabetes runs in my family so I'm not sure how much that affects me. But I now have to take the 3 hour test. I'm trying to prepare myself for anything because if I do have GD I want to start changing my eating habits NOW versus needing insulin. Has anyone found a good resource online for meal plans/diets for GD?
    The American Diabetes Association website has some good meal planning resources and if you fail your 3hr you will probably be referred to a nutritionist who will provide you with more.  Pinterest has some great recipes once you know what your parameters are. 
    If there's something strange underneath the hood.  Who you gonna call?  Your Doctor.  If there's something weird and it don't look good.  Who you gonna call?  Your Doctor.  Immediately.  If it's new, painful, and possibly pregnancy related get your ass off the internet and call your doctor.  It's for your health and your child's. 

• welllll, they didn't let me out of it.  Dr. told me to take a Zofran before the test.  I have to take the 1 hour on the 25th.  Needless to say, I'm now super worried about it.  :(  Not sure how that is going to work out.  I even warned him I don't handle sugar well. 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I failed the 1 hour test on Monday. My score was a 135 and they wanted a 130. I now have to go in on Saturday for the 3 hour test. Blah. Not looking forward to it. I can't eat for 10 hours and luckily my appointment is at 7am. I've heard that most docs don't worry if you're under 140 but my doc office is extra cautious. This is my 3rd pregnancy and my doc said as you progress in your pregnancies you're more likely to have an issue and especially as you get older. Hope I pass!!
    My DH and I are expecting our first child! A boy.. we're thrilled :)http://www.thebump.com/profiles/kestes946/settings/avatar/index# BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Just found out I failed the 1 hour glucose test I had Monday. Needed a 130 max and I had a 162. Never had a problem with DS. This 3 hour test is going to be torture. I am not overweight and worked out prior to getting pregnant, now just walking. I know that it has nothing to do with it but... I always had a small issue with low blood sugar so what gives?

Anyone have any advice?
  • @helsbels222 Gestational Diabetes is completely hormonal; if your sugars are high it's not specifically anything your doing. You could be the most in shape person or eat McDonald's every day for breakfast,lunch, and dinner. Should you be diagnosed with GD you would try to manage with diet and if that doesn't work meds or insulin. Your baby is constantly monitored to make sure all is well.