February 2016 Moms

Recording baby's heart beat...Opinions please

I will be going in for my monthly appt this month and I'm seriously considering recording baby's heart beat on my phone so I can share it with family and just listen to it and smile whenever I want. I'm 16 weeks and they were able to hear it at 12 (although LO kept swimming away!) ...Anyone have opinions on this?

Re: Recording baby's heart beat...Opinions please

• My husband and I recorded ours - it was fun to share with family. And the doctor didn't mind..
  • Loading the player...
  • My Dr said I was welcome to record it if I wanted to, I say go for it if it's something you want to do.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • VitaLunaVitaLuna member
    edited August 2015
    I'm not sure what the dilemma is. If you want it, then do it. :-/

Eta: my fat fingers pushed the wrong emoti

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• The first time I heard the heartbeat was at a regular check up type appointment that my H couldn't go to due to work. I recorded it and sent it to him. It was actually my dr.'s idea, and I'm so glad. I still listen to it every once in a while. H was happy to be included and I've showed some of my family too.
  • As long as your doctor is comfortable with it, I say go for it.  Sounds like a great idea.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Go for it if you can. Some places don't allow it but I say do it!
  • Argh I wish I thought of recording it! Got to hear our LO's heartbeat today and it didn't even occur to me to use my phone.. I say go for it!
    Married: 8/25/12
    Started TTC: 1/1/14
    BFP: 6/1/15
    Baby Girl Athena Born: 2/7/16

• I always try and get it recorded at least once. A lot of our family gets bummed out that we're team green and I feel like being able to share that (and let them make guesses) helps them feel connected too. Plus it's just nice to be able to listen to.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
                    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • ShatzegirlShatzegirl member
    edited September 2015
    Go for it! :) We recorded our DS' and are so glad we did!

ETA: we also recorded the 20 week ultrasound and it's so neat to look back on.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks everyone...just didn't know
    If that was something that's even normal to ask for/do! I'll definitely try to!
  • MissesSJ said:

Thanks everyone...just didn't know
    If that was something that's even normal to ask for/do! I'll definitely try to!

I'm glad you asked because I never would have thought to do this and now I'm going to ask at my appointment on Wednesday! Now to figure out how to record audio on my phone...haha
  • We did it and shared with grandparents. They loved it. I'm sure people do it all the time!
  • ...just do it. What's the dilemma?
  • We did at 12 weeks and again at 17, I love playing it! And our family and friends really liked being able to hear it since they are not at the appointments.
  • No "dilemma", I've just never been pregnant before and I wanted to bounce an idea off other moms-to-be! Sometimes I think of things and immediate second guess myself, it's nice to have multiple opinions!
  • I don't think it hurts to ask. I have been told before (at my NT scan) that we could not record or take pictures.
  • My husband cannot make it to my 16 weeks appointment and am so bummed I didn't think about it at my 12 weeks appointment... So i am definitely planning to record this at this next appointment, to be able to share it with him. I will definitely ask my doc for permission, but I cannot imagine she would be against something so harmless and so sweet at the same time. Make sure your phone is charged and go for it! Good luck!
  • You could also consider getting something you can use at home, my husband ordered the Womb Music Heartbeat Baby Monitor by Wusic from Amazon. It came with two sets of headphones so you both can listen to the baby and a cord that allows you to connect to the computer and record baby's heartbeat. We plan on making a recording and sharing it with family in the special Facebook group we created.

My doctor even asked me if I wanted to record the heartbeat at my last checkup, I think most are defintely ok with you doing it.
  • I always do whenever my Midwife checks. I dont see any weirdness or problems with it, I mean it is your child. They actually record them at those little u/s boutiques and put the recorder in teddy bears and sale them so the cell phone would be cheaper.

DS (2.29.16) via Homebirth

~ Proverbs 22:6 ~

• edited September 2015
    @Fullerj21 Woah! And id def. ask them who's uterus is the baby inside of!!! That's ridiculous.

DS (2.29.16) via Homebirth

~ Proverbs 22:6 ~