February 2015 Moms
Options

5 month baby feeding

at 4 months I started my baby with applesauce, bananas and pear. He seemed to like it. I would give him cereal in the morning and a gerber fruit around 6pm "so he would sleep longer". He started gettinf fuzzy at 4 months and 1/2 and i just cut back on 1 feeding a day or zero at all because everyone told me he was blown up and was fuzzy bc he was too full. Idk wat to do now hes 5 months and idk if i should feed my LO or not or at what times or how much!!!! Please help, im trying to change pediatrician bc mine would walk in n out before i could even ask a question. My LO also has been pooping thick and green ever since. He will begin sleepinf from 9pm-12am wakes up for 6oz feeding and then at 4am but i give him paci until 6am he takea 5oz and wakes up foe the day. He poops 1x a day

Re: 5 month baby feeding

• Options
    What does fuzzy mean...?
  • Options
    I've been feeding 7-8oz formula every 4hrs or so, and offering mushy baby food with the last/dinner time bottle. LO eats 2-3oz of baby food then sleeps 8pm-6am.
    Eventually I hope your LO will sleep thru the night. Maybe try to increase amounts of formula or breastmilk thru the day. And he/she will let you know when they're full so as not to over feed. Def check with Ped when able.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    larby214 said:

What does fuzzy mean...?

Fuzzy means cranky like uncomfortable
  • Options
    Larby, I believe she means fussy. Reyes1095, what I can tell you is what I do for my baby boy. I usually take one 2 oz container of stage 1 puréed food like pears and I mix it in with any cereal so it sits heavier in my baby's tummy. I feed him this for breakfast lunch and dinner. Try not to stress out too much. Remember, babies can start as early as 4 months for solids but it's totally normal to wait until 6 months. Even then, formula or breast milk should still be their main source of nutrition. You're not doing anything wrong! Trust yourself :) best thing that I learned was that it's really hard to over feed your baby. Babies will tell you when they're full the same way they tell you they're hungry (crying or fussing). I believe what you were doing was just fine! If I can recommend something to help you with his sleeping, it's to maybe do the puréed food in the morning and the cereal in the evening because it fills their tummy more. Or you could do what I do, which is mix the puréed food in with his cereal. I've been feeding my little one since he was 4 months old. Just remember to trust yourself and to listen to your baby....they'll tell you what they want...you're doing great!
  • Options
    My son will be six months on the ninth. I have been feeding him baby food since he was three and a half months old. He has had baby cereal since day one. I believe thay when you feel your child is ready go ahead. My little guy can eat six ounces of formula, and two jars of food. If your little one is not getting full then it's time. My pediatrician and WIC both know I have done this and are ok with it.
  • Options
    I specifically asked my pediatrician if I could feed my LO 3 stage 1 fruits a day and he said NO!!! Increase formula or breast milk..... LO's belly can't digest that much food yet. My lil guy is 5 months.
  • Options
    kcofrinkcofrin member
    edited August 2015
    Food before one is just for fun and shouldn't be introduced until at least 5 months of age. Babies can be fine just getting their nutrients from breastmilk or formula until their 1 years old. Giving solids at too early of an age can increase the risk of food allergies in the future
  • Options
    So its better to just feed 2x a day right?
  • Options
    srcr2011srcr2011 member
    edited September 2015
    Lenore90 said:
    My son will be six months on the ninth. I have been feeding him baby food since he was three and a half months old. He has had baby cereal since day one. I believe thay when you feel your child is ready go ahead. My little guy can eat six ounces of formula, and two jars of food. If your little one is not getting full then it's time. My pediatrician and WIC both know I have done this and are ok with it.

imageimageimage
    As soon as I saw you, I knew an adventure was going to happen - Winnie the Pooh

Married 8/22/09
    Pregnancy 1- EDD 11/21/10 NMC @ 6 weeks
    Pregnancy 2 - Rainbow DS born 1/15/11
    Pregnancy 3 - EDD 5/2/14 NMC @ 6 weeks 9/4/13
    Pregnancy 4 - EDD 6/11/14 BO @ 9 weeks D&C 11/8/13
     AF arrived 12/18/13
    BENCH IS BURNED 2/2014
    TTA until May/Jun
    WOW!!! I'm pregnant!!! BFP 6/8/14 Rainbow on the way EDD 2/14/15
    If there ever comes a day where we can't be together, keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever -
    Winnie the Pooh

imageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker