Baby Names

It's a boy!

We went in for the early anatomy scan on Friday and it looks like this little peanut is a healthy, growing little BOY!

Now for a name, ugghh!

DH and I both agree that we want a real name that will sound good on a resume someday, but we do not want a name where he will be one of five in his class at school.  We're not into trendy names, leaning more towards the classics.  My top choices right now are Beau or Dean.  DH likes Stanley Lane (a family name) which I didn't like when I first heard it, but is actually growing on me a lot.  What other suggestions do you have with those in mind?   DH's mother already said that we absolutely cannot name him Stanley, lol (that has no bearing on whether we choose it)

Our last name is two syllables, starting with B ending in A. . . polish/russian in origin. . . think "Banjo" in terms of sound of the last name.

Re: It's a boy!

• I LOVE Stanley.  Talk about a non popular yet recognizable choice.  Beau is nms at all.  It just screams country to me.  Dean is also very nice.  

If you don't choice Stanley or Dean I suggest similar names

Warren
    Russell
    Marshall
    Vincent
    Troy
    Roland
    Roman
    Rowan
    Bruce
    Reid
    Calvin

• bbiutmcph said:
    I LOVE Stanley.  Talk about a non popular yet recognizable choice.  Beau is nms at all.  It just screams country to me.  Dean is also very nice.  

If you don't choice Stanley or Dean I suggest similar names

Warren
    Russell
    Marshall
    Vincent
    Troy
    Roland
    Roman
    Rowan
    Bruce
    Reid
    Calvin

Oh, Troy and Calvin are great too!

• Loading the player...
  • Love Stanley.
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I like Stanley better than Dean and much better than Beau. Beau doesn't sound like a good resume name to me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I also don't like Beau, but think Dean and Stanley are both nice.
  • In order of how I like them:
    1. Dean
    2. Stanley
    3. Beau.....I hate that name 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Love love love Beau, but Beau "Banjo" doesn't sound pleasing to my ears lol. I want to like Stanley, but I just can't. I think of Flat Stanley (which isn't a bad reference, just what I think of). The nn Stan isn't the greatest either. So my vote goes to Dean. It's a great underused, but recognizable and strong name.

Other suggestions: Louis (love Lou/Louie as NNs), George, Franklin, Angus/Gus, Peter
    My furchildren, Dorothy and Johnny :)
  • Our of those three I definitely like Dean the most
  • Love Dean!!

If we didn't already have a few boy family names to choose from, that would be my top choice. I am thinking about it as a mn...would work with all our top runners!
  • and I was just enjoying Cyrus.....until I googled it and the first thing that came up was Miley Cyrus showing her crotch.  UGH!
  • DH vetoed Calvin and Travis yesterday. . . . bad associations to people he has known.  I need more name ideas along the lines of these.
  • I don't care for Beau. It's super popular here and with this country fad going on, it's going to get worse.
    Dean is my favorite out of the three. Stanley is so under appreciated, though and really a very nice, strong name.
  • I like both but I lean towards Dean.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Not a fan of Beau.  Stanley isn't bad but I just think of Stanley from the Office (can you imagine that?).  Stanley would actually go really well with most Polish/Russian names.  Fellow Pole here!  I personally like Dean the most.

TTC #1 10/2014
    Low progesterone
    BFP 05/2015
    Baby boy born 01/2016
    Currently: NTNP