February 2016 Moms

Cosco car seat/stroller?

Does any one have this stroller/car seat? It's the Cosco Ikat Dots. They have a STEAL of a deal on it at our base exchange but I wanted to hear some reviews before I purchased it. TIA!

Re: Cosco car seat/stroller?

• I don't have it, just wanted to say that I'm not a huge fan of four wheeled strollers like that. They can be difficult to turn and maneuver and they don't do well on grass, gravel, trail, that kind of thing. Can you play around with it before you buy? Throw a watermelon or a box of something heavy in there and push it around?
    Married 8.5.12
    Caleb born 10.9.13
    2.0 due 2.1.16
  • I don't have it, just wanted to say that I'm not a huge fan of four wheeled strollers like that. They can be difficult to turn and maneuver and they don't do well on grass, gravel, trail, that kind of thing. Can you play around with it before you buy? Throw a watermelon or a box of something heavy in there and push it around?

Fascinated by this. How many wheels should a stroller have? The "jogging" ones look better for different terrains, but I'm probably not going to jog with baby.

Sorry to thread jack, but I am curious about what to look for in a stroller.
  • Loading the player...
  • cantobean said:
    I don't have it, just wanted to say that I'm not a huge fan of four wheeled strollers like that. They can be difficult to turn and maneuver and they don't do well on grass, gravel, trail, that kind of thing. Can you play around with it before you buy? Throw a watermelon or a box of something heavy in there and push it around?
    Fascinated by this. How many wheels should a stroller have? The "jogging" ones look better for different terrains, but I'm probably not going to jog with baby. Sorry to thread jack, but I am curious about what to look for in a stroller.
    Oh I just personally prefer three wheeled strollers. They are SO much easier to turn and navigate. I actually rarely see four wheeled strollers, even in places like malls. We took my friend's kiddo on a walk in their four wheeled stroller similar to this and H and I were both amazed at how annoying it was to push/turn/turn around/everything. And for me, a stroller is one of those things you can use with every kid if you get a nice enough one, so it's worth spending a bit more money on. We have a BOB Revolution, because I do jog with mine, but there are cheaper brands that will do the same thing (Jeep, Chicco I think, etc.). I know a few people that own more than one stroller (this is our zoo stroller, this is our quick trip store stroller) and it seems like a pain in the butt. We have one, it folds into our trunk, it takes less than a minute to set up and fold back up, and it can go anywhere! Easy peasy.

That's why I always encourage people to go to a baby store and try pushing lots of strollers around, the difference is super obvious. :)

Married 8.5.12
    Caleb born 10.9.13
    2.0 due 2.1.16
  • Side note, we got an attachment to fit our carseat right onto our stroller, so we didn't lose any functionality by getting a jogger. :)

Married 8.5.12
    Caleb born 10.9.13
    2.0 due 2.1.16
  • Also not a fan of 4 (or in some cases) 8 wheeled strollers. It the car seat is good.
  • The base of the stroller is made much like an umbrella stroller so you definitely won't have a hard time maneuvering around. Car seat is perfectly safe. However, overally the materials used are somewhat "cheap" and I wouldn't expect it to be a comfy ride nor would I expect it to really hold up nicely for and other children.

Depending on how often and where you use it, it may work great. I definitely wouldn't go pushing this stroller outside every day though. Even if roads are nice and paved.
  • chitownparentchitownparent member
    edited September 2015
    @AdventureMama -- I had that same BOB on my BabyList, and then husband read a bad review of the 3 wheel model, and changed us to this one:

Anyone tried both and have any feedback?

ETA due to broken image link.
    Due Date:  Feb. 24, 2016
    Team--Pink (but our nursery is Orange, Blue, & Purple!)

Feb 2016 September Siggy Challenge:  Things I Love About Fall--Pumpkins!

• @AdventureMama -- I had that same BOB on my BabyList, and then husband read a bad review of the 3 wheel model, and changed us to this one:

@chitownparent: That's crazy, I've actually never heard of any complaints about the model! Other than it's annoying to buy the accessories separately, and it's already expensive. But function-wise, I think it's fabulous. I haven't tried the four wheeled model and like I said, I'm not a fan in general, but that does look longer lasting and easier to navigate than other four wheeled travel systems I've seen.
    Married 8.5.12
    Caleb born 10.9.13
    2.0 due 2.1.16
  • AdventureMama  --  I'm sure the 3 wheeler is an awesome stroller--it has top reviews on babygearlab.com.  Keep in mind I had to talk my husband off the "$1400 Swedish crib cliff" last month.  :)
    Due Date:  Feb. 24, 2016
    Team--Pink (but our nursery is Orange, Blue, & Purple!)

Feb 2016 September Siggy Challenge:  Things I Love About Fall--Pumpkins!

• I haven't used the Costco strollers but we used a car seat on vacation and it was very thin and the seat was hard.

• @AdventureMama -- I had that same BOB on my BabyList, and then husband read a bad review of the 3 wheel model, and changed us to this one:

He's all sorts of confused. The three wheel one is way better. Test drove both last weekend. No contest.
    Feb '16 October Siggy Challenge: Favorite Candy

• Thanks everyone! We decided to go with the expedition jogger travel system. Baby's grandpa couldn't resist buying it and splurging!
  • I have a graco travel system that came with a 4 wheeled stroller it works great and we used until she could use an umbrella and we didn't need as much stuff.

They work great clipping the car seat in and didn't have lots of trouble going through grass or anything.