Nurseries and Baby Gear

Best stroller for 2 kids?

farahhystadfarahhystad member
edited June 2015 in Nurseries and Baby Gear
Hi,
I'm due this winter with baby #2 and I'm curious what type of stroller everyone likes best (for next spring/summer) with their kiddos? My kids will be 2 1/2 and 6mo - we will be using the stroller mainly for walks around town- I rarely travel with a stroller (and I have a jogging travel system if needing something smaller for one child)
1. Double side by side
2. Double front and back
3. Sit and stand stroller

Thanks in advance for your opinion!

Re: Best stroller for 2 kids?

• I have (heavily) used a side-by-side for work, and hated it. I pretty much had to walk in the street, because the sucker was so wide that it was a pain going around people on the sidewalk. I, personally, have the double front and back (a Britax B-Ready), and it is nice that it is not only narrow width wise, but length wise as well. I also used the Sit and Stand, and hated that as well.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • City Select by Baby Jogger is one that I have been looking into. It is a front to back and it converts from one seat to two and you can add a riding board for your LO to stand. It has good reviews online.
    I have mostly seen the Britax, Uppababy, and City Select when looking for a double front to back.
    I have looked into side by side. I hate when my regular stroller doesn't fit now so I definitely don't want one twice as wide.
  • Loading the player...
  • If you are looking for a light front to back, check out the Phil & Teds stroller as well. Its pretty light and compact, and I was able to run a few miles with a five year old and three year old in it....and it pushed like a dream! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • We have the Baby Jogger City Select and I can't say enough good things about it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have the phil and ted and LOVE this stroller!! I don't feel the weight of the 5yr old and the 1 yr old in this stroller! It glides on pavement!!
  • Depending on how far apart your kids are, you may not even need to buy the second seat for the City Select. We got a prior year (2013) model brand-new on sale. You can get the adapter legs for about $25 to put the full seat down in front and the adapter for the car seat up top. We are holding off on a second seat because DD may use a glider board when LO is old enough to ride in the full seat for the stroller instead of the infant car seat.

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers