January 2015 Moms
Options

What finger foods do you give a 7 month old?

My baby will be 7 months soon and I'm just wondering what foods and finger foods you recommend?

Answers

• Options
    We did a combination of purées and baby led weaning from about 5 months. At 7 months our daughter eats mostly finger foods: pieces of cheese, black and pinto beans slightly squished, toast, pancakes, chicken, turkey meatballs, eggs (scramble and hard boiled), cut up fruit (blueberries, grapes, banana, strawberry), noodles, muffins, puffs, peas....there really isn't anything we don't try. Everything is given to her in small pieces about the size of a cherrio. I make all of her food too (like muffins, pancakes, meatballs and pastas) to give us more options and use recipes that are baby friendly, no salts or sugars, you can find tons of recipes if you look up baby led weaning. If your baby has been eating mostly purées I would start with softer foods as you introduce new textures. We started with puffs, scrambled eggs, pear, cheese and soft toast. It's so much fun watching them explore new foods!!
  • Options
    Bananas and avocados so far.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Peaches and banana.
  • Options
    My little guy eats anything I eat. He loves baked salmon flaked well, he's a sautéed spinach and steamed broccoli hound! He's had all sorts of yummy foods. His favorite may be scrambled eggs.
  • Options
    Baby girl is wanting anything that I'm eating. I'll let her try anything that she can have at this point (almost 8 months no teeth) I sat down to eat a banana but she took it over even though she mostly played with it.