Trying to Get Pregnant

Weekly Weigh In 9/1

Rabbit Rabbit. I cant believe it is September. Where did the summer go?

Today's weight/ goal weight- 146.9/140

AF should be rearing her ugly head anyday now. I normally gain about 2 pounds that week, so hoping to see this number come down next week

What's motivating you? I lost a lot for my wedding, and its slowly all coming back. It upsets me to see this number, knowing how hard I worked.

Weekly fitness and eating goals? I am blaming AF, but I have been eating all the things. Trying to curb that in this week, and get a work out in every day this week after work 

Any roadblocks to prepare for this week? Well its Labor Day weekend. We are going to my ILs for the weekend. That means food and no work outs. My goal is not to drink more than one drink a day and to try not to eat too many cupcakes.

Weight loss tips / healthy receipt to share. I know I keep saying it but water. Drink lots and lots of water!

Something random- whats a skill you wish you had? I wish I could cook. I have no talent for it, and really hate to do it. If it was up to me, we would have pasta every night as that's about the extent of my culinary skills. Which also explains my issues with loosing weight, huh?

cat fail animated GIF

Re: Weekly Weigh In 9/1

• Today's weight/ goal weight- 182.0/150

I forgot About the weigh-in when I woke up, so I've already had breakfast. Yay me!

What's motivating you?
    Clothes, and Selena Gomez's new song.

Weekly fitness and eating goals?
    Start up yoga again, at least once a week. It's been too long. Also, move to a "more paleo" diet.

Any roadblocks to prepare for this week? Already bought 3 soups at hand for dinners at work.

Weight loss tips/healthy recipe to share. Track what you're eating, it adds up fast. Eat your meals and a small snack or two, and leave it at that.

Something random- whats a skill you wish you had? Controlling my mouth. I swear nothing is sacred. I'll talk about anything.
  • m6aguam6agua member
    edited September 2015

Today's weight/ goal weight

147/130 (I think I am up 2lbs from last week)

What's motivating you?
    Wanting to be at a healthier weight for pregnancy.

No more desserts! I have been eating ice cream/brownies and all the bad stuff at least once a day. I would also like to get to the gym every day for the rest of this week.

Any roadblocks to prepare for this week?  
    Labor Day weekend. I don't think I am going to drink very much because I should be in my TWW, so maybe just a drink a day. But the food and s'mores!

Weight loss tips / healthy receipt to share.
    Avocado Oil. I like to use it because it is healthier than a lot of oils and has a higher smoke point than EVOO. I get mine at Costco.

Something random- whats a skill you wish you had?

I wish I could drive stick shift. My moms car is a stick and I would be useless if for some reason I ever had to drive her car.

ETA: my weight.

TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Loading the player...
  • Today's weight/ goal weight- 200/160

What's motivating you? Getting healthier for baby and avoiding weight related health issues that run in my family. 

Weekly fitness and eating goals?  Work out at least 4 times this week. Over the weekend I redid my stairs and spent about 4 1/2 hours squatting so my thighs are killing me but I still made it to the gym on lunch yesterday. Today is lunchtime yoga and I plan to hit the gym on lunch the rest of the work week! For eating just continue with my morning Shakeology and clean eating the rest of the day.

Any roadblocks to prepare for this week? Ditto Labor Day Weekend and tons of bbq's/parties. Going to try and make it a priority to get up and jog while up at my Grandma's cabin to try and counteract the imbibing/eating.

Weight loss tips / healthy recipe to share: On Sunday I made broccoli/carrot "tater tots" that were delicious. See recipe link. I added shredded carrot to this recipe and cut back on the breadcrumbs and they were still yummy and crispy! https://www.thetwobiteclub.com/2015/01/broccoli-tots.html

Something random- whats a skill you wish you had? I really wish I knew how to sew or knit or crochet or something like that. I would love to be able to sew hemlines and make cute balnkets/scarves etc for gifts.

• This is the first year I've felt excited for fall!  We're a few weeks away from moving from Brooklyn to a new house in the suburbs (complete with white picket fence and potbellied stove!) and I'm already ready to start nesting.

Today's weight/ goal weight- 163/155

What's motivating you? A family history and the body type with the potential to be heavy.  It really does sneak up on you, and this is the heaviest I'm comfortable being.  Its easier to lose 15 lbs than 60!

Weekly fitness and eating goals? Trying to increase my water intake, even if it means more bathroom breaks.  The bathrooms at my office are under renovations which means I'm walking up 6 flights of stairs every time I have to go.  There is an elevator but fitness goals and all!

Any roadblocks to prepare for this week? I've been really nauseous for the past week, which is leading me to eat lots of carbs and sugars (ginger beer and multigrain crackers mostly).  There was a post here a few days ago mentioning that it might be a withdrawal from HBC symptom, but I almost NEVER drink sodas and this is killing my calorie count.  Suggestions?

Weight loss tips / healthy receipt to share- Slowly replace the treats you like with healthier alternatives.  I'm a cookie monster, so I make cookies with mashed over-ripe banana, oats, vanilla, and dark chocolate chips (bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes, let cool for another 30). They still satisfy that sweet craving while providing nutrients and fiber.    

Something random- whats a skill you wish you had? I wish I could dance, or enjoyed it at all.  I think my hating dancing has to do with my zero rhythm. I'm the awkward girl in the corner at weddings.

@yogahh have you tried any of the Blue Apron/HelloFresh/Plated? They usually have deals where you can try 3 meals for two for $20-$60 without committing.  They come with everything you need for the meal and clear instructions and the meals come out delicious.  I love to cook and I still learn (techniques, ingredients, preparations) from the meals I get from those packages.

• housewifehobbyist, I am also a Brooklynite... and dying to move to the burbs! Congrats on the move. And no, haven't tried those systems yet. I am tempted, but DH can eat a lot, and I am concerned the portions wont be enough for him,

cat fail animated GIF

• hockeyfan42hockeyfan42 member
    edited September 2015
    Today's weight/ goal weight- 213.2/190

What's motivating you? Being in the best shape possible before getting pregnant.

Weekly fitness and eating goals? I slacked in my weekend workouts last week. That can't happen again! We grocery shopped yesterday and made good choices. So I'm happy about that.

Any roadblocks to prepare for this week? DH's birthday bbq this weekend. Hopefully I can avoid the unhealthy side dishes.

Weight loss tips / healthy recipe to share. I have this berry smoothie for breakfast nearly every day! I use vanilla Greek yogurt instead of regular.
    https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/mixed-berries-and-banana-smoothie-recipe.html

Something random- whats a skill you wish you had? I wish I could apply make up! Eyeshadow in particular. I could be the poster girl for Pinterest fails.

ETA: autocorrect fail
    June 2016 April Siggy Challenge: Reasons my kid is crying

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Malone24Malone24 member
    edited September 2015
    Today's weight/ goal weight- 147.2/130

What's motivating you?
    Wanting to feel healthy, stong, powerful, and good naked.

I am going to continue to work out every other day.  Sunday was barre and today is yoga.  Packing lunch or eating something healthy.  Not eating too late.  Limiting my indulgences (wine, chips, and sweets).  Drinking lots of water.

Any roadblocks to prepare for this week? I have gained approximately 7 pounds since starting to work out in May.  I think I have less fat and look more toned, but it's frustrating not to have that reflected in weight.  Saturday, I gained 2 pounds from the time I woke up to after a few glasses of water and coffee; so I'm think it's water and muscle.  Hopefully.  Still I was 130 at our wedding and I did that by just eating less and not working out (muscle atrophy means less weight for me).

Weight loss tips/healthy recipe to share. Pack lunch and don't snack excessively.

Something random- whats a skill you wish you had? French braiding and self control.
  • Today's weight/ goal weight- 175/160-165

I don't really believe in scales for how my progress is but more of how my clothes feel on me (too loose/too tight) and how I feel in my clothes

What's motivating you?
    Lots of things, wanting to be healthier, not feeling good about my current body weight/size/shape, extra fluff in the tummy, face looking a little fuller.....yuck

no goals this week, see below

Any roadblocks to prepare for this week? We are going out of town today, going to Minnesota for the State fair so there will be eating ALL the bad things, drinks and I'll be more than ready to start fresh next week.  We hopefully will not have any birthdays or anniversaries or anymore out of town or anything when we get back so I'm ready to get back on track with workouts and eating better. I always feel like I'm defeating the purpose of trying to eat well M-F and then undoing it on the weekends on my own  or if we have parties to attend. 

Weight loss tips/healthy recipe to share : Eating the right things makes a big difference in staying satisfied through out the day.  I'm a big advocate for meal planning as well!  Helps me stay on track and accountable.

Something random- whats a skill you wish you had? I'd like to be able to play the piano or sew/quilt.
  • Today's weight/ goal weight- 197/150

What's motivating you? Getting healthier for pregnancy, my husband :)

Weekly fitness and eating goals? I've just gotten back on track with eating healthy, so this week is no eating any junk!

Any roadblocks to prepare for this week? My DHs fantasy football team asked me to make desserts for them to eat during the draft.

Weight loss tips / healthy recipe to share: I love raw veggies with roasted red pepper hummus!

Something random- whats a skill you wish you had? I wish I was able to sew! I've always wanted to but could never quite get it.
  • Today's weight/ goal weight- 131/125

What's motivating you?
    I like being thin & fit, just motivation to be a little healthier all around.  I am not enjoying the small fat deposit that has formed on my mid-section :(

Just to exercise at all.  I did go for a great run on Sat. but for some reason got the most ferocious blisters that ripped open so I'm sidelined until they heal.  

I feel like our move is never ending.  Moved from New Orleans to NYC in 2 stages, found a new place in NY, moved into that a few weeks ago, and just brought back the final load of H's stuff from the Nola house on Sunday.  Furniture delivered today.  This never ending moving has made getting into a schedule impossible and that includes working out and eating well.  Also, work is crushing me right now. 

Weight loss tips/healthy recipe to share. 
    I've been eating about a cup of frozen cherries after lunch each day.  

Something random- whats a skill you wish you had?   
    I wish I could sing.  I would just once love to bring a house (or karayoke bar) down.  
  • Today's weight/ goal weight- 142/130

What's motivating you? I haven't really been motivated to work out since I've been working so much.  But on the other hand, I'm so sleepy and a little stressed so my appetite has gone, so there's that...

I will resume running once I get all my online training courses for the new job out of the way.  I eat pretty healthy as it is, so I'm just gonna try to avoid the easy grab-&-go foods that ghrelin wants me to eat...

Any roadblocks to prepare for this week?  530am, 60hr workweek

Weight loss tips/healthy recipe to share. Lemon ginger green tea, ACV is my go-to fat-melter (I make a mean salad), water,  this is one of my faves (black bean chili) crazy comforting and guilt-free: https://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=1864955

Something random- whats a skill you wish you had?   I can't really think of anything at the moment... :-/

Me (31) & DH (35) #DFDubClub
    TTC since August 2013 - Break: Jan-June 2014
    Everything looks good on me so far.  Going in for U/S in Oct just to be absolutely sure everything is good.
    SA for DH pending.
  • Soo I am sadly not going to weigh myself... I sprained my foot/ankle so now my goal of losing weight is on hold :( I cannot work out, my goal right now is to not just gain weight while my ankle heals :( I am soo frustrated right now.
    I hate getting hurt it always comes at the worst times I feel.

Married to my Soul Mate since 09/06/09

BabyFruit Ticker

MC 10.23.15 @ 10 weeks
  • Soo I am sadly not going to weigh myself... I sprained my foot/ankle so now my goal of losing weight is on hold :( I cannot work out, my goal right now is to not just gain weight while my ankle heals :( I am soo frustrated right now.
    I hate getting hurt it always comes at the worst times I feel.

@skiingstark oh boy do I know how that feels! I broke my foot at crossfit back in May and am still healing from it :( the first week is the hardest! I hope you feel better fast and your ankle heals fast as well!
  • I also am not weighing myself this week.. but I have been sticking with my morning shakes and low carbs. The stress of the beginning of the school year is getting to me :( ugh.
    Me:35, DH 37  ~ Married July 2014
    ttc July 2015 ~ bfp Nov 2015 (cp)
    bfp Dec 2015 ~ (tfmr 17wk, March 2016, genetic disease)
    ttcal May 2016
  • @skiingstark hope you are back on your feet soon! Pun intended!!

cat fail animated GIF

• @skiingstark Sending good vibes for a speedy recovery!

Today's weight/ goal weight- 182/150 (Down another 2 lbs this week!)

What's motivating you?
    Being healthy for pregnancy, being hott for DH, and wearing all of the clothes I have stashed in the basement.

Walking on my treadmill at least EOD...And DH and I made a pact that neither of us would eat out between now and when we go to see Garth Brooks on October 9th! It's a goal for our physical as well as our financial health...DH is all about saving $$$

I'm in a wedding this weekend...There will be ALL THE FOOD!

Weight loss tips/healthy recipe to share.
    Just finished having supper with DH...I made seasoned chicken breasts on the grill and paired it with a pasta salad with tomatoes from my garden! The chicken is great with a partial seasoning recipe that I found online!

Something random- whats a skill you wish you had? I wish I could sew! And I wish I could sing!!!
  • Today's weight/ goal weight--151.2/130 (Down 3.2lbs since 8/11. Up 0.6lbs from last week.)
    What's motivating you? --I want to be healthier and feel more confident 
    Weekly fitness and eating goals?--Walk more on breaks at work, continue to walk a lot on the weekend, eat more salads and less soda.
    Any roadblocks to prepare for this week?--Tons, I've been stressed at work and not planning meals well, plus I'm attending a couple catered events this weekend, and haven't had time to take breaks and walk at work this isn't going to get better anytime soon.
    Weight loss tips / healthy recipe to share.--I got nothing. 
    Something random- whats a skill you wish you had?--I wish I could sing really well, then my life would be narrated with song like Glee! 

@skiingstark I hope you heal up quickly!

<3 In Love 2001
    Married 2009
    TTC#1 2014