December 2015 Moms

Count Your Blessings

Just wanted to share, it can always be worse and you never know when a kind word will make a difference. My high school sweetheart committed suicide this week. I'm heart broken for his family and child. But I want to take this tragedy and reflect on what I have in my life. I am so grateful for my patient and compassionate fiance who just went to get me a milkshake and this healthy active baby coming in December who is really enjoying the treat.
Rather than a "rant" post I encourage you to share whatever you are grateful for today. <3

Re: Count Your Blessings

• I have the most annoying husband/best friend that would do anything in his power to make me happy n I'm just so bless to be have him :x
  • I feel very blessed and lucky to get this experience of becoming a mother. It hasnt been easy and I don't love being pregnant but I know many friends who have struggled for years and so I try to keep that in mind.
  • Loading the player...
  • @amye02, I am sorry for your loss.

I am grateful for my hubby who has been so supportive and doting these 24-ish weeks. I am also so grateful for my friends, family, and work community who have lovingly shared their excitement, prayers, and joy for our pregnancy. I am grateful for TB Community who reminds me that I am not alone in my fears, anxiety, and unbounded happiness.
  • I'm very sorry for your loss.

“The dream crossed twilight between birth and dying.” ~ T. S. Eliot
  • I'm so sorry for your loss.

I'm grateful for my amazing SO who has been by my side no matter what and my mum because only now am I understanding what she went through and I'm so lucky to have her
  • My condolences to you, and kudos to you for taking something so sad and using it to do something more positive. Not everyone can do that. That in and of itself is a blessing. 

I'm blessed to have my crazy family and friends. They can stress me out and annoy me at times, but they always have my best interests at heart. I am blessed to have them and I am thankful.
  • Thank you ladies, keep them coming...

@ChiccoBeanz there was nothing I could have done for him. but I intend on helping others including his 2 year old in whatever way I am able, it seems like the right way to honor the boy I loved and always held that "first love" place in my heart.
  • @amye02 That's a beautiful thing. I really commend you for that. It's so selfless of you and it will keep his memory alive. 
  • I'm so sorry about your loss. :(

I'm so thankful for my in laws. They are seriously the best. It's nice to know my little girl will be loved by two incredible families!
  • Suicide is always a tragedy. I am very sorry for your loss.

I am grateful to just be alive, and for the wonderful life I get to live with my husband and children. Although far from perfect, It is better than anything I could have ever imagined or planned for myself.
  • I am grateful for so much in life even though sometimes it's easier to complain. I really do have to stop and think what I'm blessed with. What I have, some people would only dream of having. I have an education, a job, a loving boyfriend, a healthy baby on the way, 2 precious dogs, and we all have our house to live in.
  • groovylocksgroovylocks member
    edited August 2015
    My mother in law. She and I are both immigrants. She takes great care of me. When I told her how she didn't have to do so much, she said that she knew what it felt like to be lonely in a new place. And that she had always wanted a daughter. And now she has one. That still hits me in the feels. I'm lucky. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. And the loss that his loved ones are feeling right now.
  • That is a really good attitude to take away from a tragedy. You sound like a good person and your SO and LO sound lucky to have you :)
  • I'm grateful for my wonderful husband that stayed by my side for every single appointment (including the three hour glucose test) for both of our babies. I'm grateful for my beautiful baby boy. I'm grateful for our house, two dogs, family, friends. Mostly I'm grateful for answered prayers - we never thought it'd be possibly that we'd be parents to a child..let alone two. Praising God for many blessings!