July 2015 Moms
Options

Are you able to get your ring back on?

I am 5w3d pp and still can't get my wedding band past my knuckle. FTM. Will it ever or should I be looking into resizing?? :((

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

Re: Are you able to get your ring back on?

• Options
    I was able to start wearing mine again once the extra fluid was gone. Right around 3 weeks I was able to wear it again.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I feel like the extra fluid is gone... But why is my knuckle bigger???

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you are dedicated to losing the extra baby weight I would not get it resized. Just wait it will fit. With my first son mine didn't fit until 6 months pp and I went out and got a fake ring to wear until it did fit. I missed having a wedding ring and no one even noticed the fake.
  • Options
    Yes 5 weeks PP & have been since 2 weeks PP
  • Options
    Yup, just the other day...almost 6 weeks pp. I've lost all the baby weight too...but still not back in my regular pants..my belly is bigger now :(
  • Options
    I only have to loose 2 pounds to get to my pre-pregnancy weight and I can't wear my ring! I have no idea why!
  • Options
    Sometimes your hands get bigger. You add bone mass sometimes when you gain weight, also your fat can be stored in different areas than it was before.
  • Options
    mers90 said:

I only have to loose 2 pounds to get to my pre-pregnancy weight and I can't wear my ring! I have no idea why!

Yup!! I'm about to my pre-preg weight and I can only wear my wedding band not my band & engagement ring together like I used to! And I wore it until about 34 weeks pregnant! I don't get it either!!
  • Options
    eclohoecloho member
    edited September 2015
    Yes @mers90 what @shaley29 said...I have also heard you can go up a shoe size in the same manner
  • Options
    shaley29 said:

Sometimes your hands get bigger. You add bone mass sometimes when you gain weight, also your fat can be stored in different areas than it was before.

@shaley29 I'm so bummed... I hope my knuckles go back to normal

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Options
    ecloho said:

Yes @mers90 what @shaley29 said...I have also heard you can go up a shoe size in the same manner

@ecloho you know, I put my running shoes on yesterday and they definitely felt a little tight... Will it ever go back to pre-pregnancy status?
    [-O<

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Options
    I was finally able to wear mine at 6 weeks!!!! There is definitely still hope. Im glad I waited a couple of more weeks before resizing :D
  • Options
    Hmm I was able to wear mine all pregnancy... My nuckles have always been bigger than the base of my finger though, so while it got tighter it still fit. I'd wait to resize a little longer perhaps
  • Options
    shaley29 said:

This is so sad, I already had super manly hands and now I can only see fat fingers!
  • Options
    I would resize it. Like that saying, get the dress to fit you instead of you trying to fit the dress...or something like that haha don't be sad, things change when you have a baby and if you resize it to fit you now and then later when your size goes back down, that will be a happy day :)
  • Options
    I can get my rings on but tgey are very snug so I am not wearing them until there is some cushion there. I am 7 weeks pp
  • Options
    VTomanVToman member
    edited September 2015
    I was able to wear my ring throughout pregnancy, but I took it off before I left for the hospital because I heard the swelling could get really bad before delivery. I'm glad I did that. I was able to wear my ring about a week PP. Unfortunately, my pre-pregnancy clothes are another matter... :(
  • Options
    I am 6 weeks PP. I've lost all the weight and fit back in my pre-pregnancy clothes. I try my rings every day and they still don't fit. Some of my shoes also don't fit. My SIL said it took her about 3-4 months before her hands and feet went back to normal. I had to take the ring off around week 32 and have worn a fake one since then. I don't want to get it resized so I figure I'll wait til around Halloween or thanksgiving and see how it is then.
  • Options

I am 6 weeks PP. I've lost all the weight and fit back in my pre-pregnancy clothes. I try my rings every day and they still don't fit. Some of my shoes also don't fit. My SIL said it took her about 3-4 months before her hands and feet went back to normal. I had to take the ring off around week 32 and have worn a fake one since then. I don't want to get it resized so I figure I'll wait til around Halloween or thanksgiving and see how it is then.

So there is hope! I can wait however long...
    [-O<

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Options
    I can wear my wedding ring but not my engagement ring. My DH used to work at a jewelry counter and he advised waiting at least 6 months, apparently that's the guideline they were taught at the store.

Also I did go up a half shoe size after my first child was born and that has never improved.
  • Options
    I am 3 weeks pp and haven't been able to wear my ring since 18 weeks!! Apparently swelling is my thing during pregnancy... I still have a lot of weight to lose though, so I'm not planning on looking into resizing unless I get back to pre-preg weight & it still doesn't fit.
  • Options
    I am almost 4 weeks PP and still can't get my rings past my knuckle. I am waiting until the weather cools down to look into resizing since my fingers always swell a lot in the summer. I have to keep my rings pretty tight too since my fingers shrink so much in the winter that the rings that fit in the summer just fall off when it's cold!
  • Options
    Mine doesn't fit and I am so frustrated. I am 4.5 weeks PP and I actually weigh about 8-10 lbs less than I did pre pregnancy but my rings won't go on. I won't resize until at least after the weather gets cooler in case the warm weather is part of the problem.
  • Options
    I'm almost 6 weeks PP and I've gotten the set back on my left hand but I also have a separate gold wedding band that I always wear on my right hand that I can't get back on yet! same problem, it's the knuckle. Also, my shoe size went up at least a half size though haven't bought any new shoes yet because I'm still in sandals.
  • Options
    I just was able to put mine back on! I'm 3w 4days PP :D
  • Options
    I can get mine on but they are very snug.
  • Options
    Almost 8 wks pp and can't get mine on either.