Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Things I learned month 1

lsalvag1lsalvag1 member
edited August 2015 in Trying to Get Pregnant
I promise I won't do this every month, but I hope that new users find this post to be informative!

I had my mirena removed at the end of July with the hopes of TTC starting in August. I was not successful this month but I learned a ton from these boards and hours of research, and felt the need to share with newbies!

Here's some major learning points:

*do not symptom spot, you will drive yourself CRAZY! Every bit of nausea or heartburn, I ran to my phone to log. My search bar was filled with things such as, "10dpo and heartburn". Don't do it.

*one woman's experience will NOT necessarily be yours. I can't even tell you the countless times I researched "TTC after mirena removal." Every body is different. Your body will take time to adjust. Do not assume that everything will "go back to normal" once off birth control.

*make sure to tell your SO how much you love them. Trust me, they are feeling the pressure just as much as you. My bf was sad when I got AF this morning, like HE failed. You guys are in this together!

*do not waste money on expensive pregnancy tests. I threw a lot of $$ down the drain this month because I wanted to try every band (you know, just in case). I'll be sticking to dollar store next time!

*please use the search function on this site. 99% of my questions were answered without ever having to create a post.

*do not count your chickens before they hatch. We would go yardsaling a lot and I was tempted to buy cheap baby stuff (high chairs, cribs, etc). I would have been GREATLY disappointed if I had.

*contribute to the WTO and TWW boards - it's comforting to have a support system :)

*editted for formatting*
Me: 27 
Love of my life: 41 
Step-mother to an amazing 13-year-old boy 
TTC starting August 2015 

Re: Things I learned month 1

• Options
    I absolutely agree with you. Also... might I add not letting TTC get in the way of making love.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    meggiemoo219meggiemoo219 member
    edited August 2015
    For the record, I do love what you said! But maybe add it to one of the pinned posts as well? That way it is helpful in the future to people and not just today's visitors!

**edited because I suck today at humaning
  • Options
    @meggiemoo219 do you mean copy and paste it as a response to one of the pinned posts??
    TTC starting August 2015 

• Options
    @lsalvag1 yes exactly! If anything is still open, I think the newbies one is! I just think you made some good points and if I would have read that when I first joined it would have helped a lot!
  • Options
    @meggiemoo219 all set, posted on the newbie guide. Thanks for the suggestion!
    TTC starting August 2015 

• Options
    Get out of my head!!

All of these were me last month!! I am going to TRY and just live my life this month and not obsess!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    BOH1025 said:
    Get out of my head!! All of these were me last month!! I am going to TRY and just live my life this month and not obsess!

Good luck this month!!!
    TTC starting August 2015 

• Options
    I like you.
  • Options
    Totally agree! This is our 3rd cycle TTC but first cycle doing more than OPKs and sex. I can't believe how much I learned about my body that I never had any clue about before! I am sad that I am most likely out for this month, but oddly happy to have *at least* one more cycle to learn more.

BabyGaga
  • Options

I like you.

Aw shucks
    TTC starting August 2015 

• Options
    lsalvag1 said:

I promise I won't do this every month, but I hope that new users find this post to be informative!

I had my mirena removed at the end of July with the hopes of TTC starting in August. I was not successful this month but I learned a ton from these boards and hours of research, and felt the need to share with newbies!

Here's some major learning points:

*do not symptom spot, you will drive yourself CRAZY! Every bit of nausea or heartburn, I ran to my phone to log. My search bar was filled with things such as, "10dpo and heartburn". Don't do it.

*one woman's experience will NOT necessarily be yours. I can't even tell you the countless times I researched "TTC after mirena removal." Every body is different. Your body will take time to adjust. Do not assume that everything will "go back to normal" once off birth control.

*make sure to tell your SO how much you love them. Trust me, they are feeling the pressure just as much as you. My bf was sad when I got AF this morning, like HE failed. You guys are in this together!

*do not waste money on expensive pregnancy tests. I threw a lot of $$ down the drain this month because I wanted to try every band (you know, just in case). I'll be sticking to dollar store next time!

*please use the search function on this site. 99% of my questions were answered without ever having to create a post.

*do not count your chickens before they hatch. We would go yardsaling a lot and I was tempted to buy cheap baby stuff (high chairs, cribs, etc). I would have been GREATLY disappointed if I had.

*contribute to the WTO and TWW boards - it's comforting to have a support system :)

*editted for formatting*
    ^^This! All of this is so been my last month. I got mirena out in early August and I'm still in the TWW but definitely have done all of the above.
    Me: 33 DH: 31
    DS: 5 years old
    TTC #2 since August 2015
    July 2016: Testing cycle with 100 mg Clomid = BFN
    August 2016: 50 mg Clomid + IUI = BFN
    October 2016: IVF#1 - 13 retrieved / 12 mature /  9 fertilized / 2 blasts
    November 2016: FET#1 = chemical
    January 2017: FET#2 = chemical
    March 2017: IVF#2 - 18 retrieved / 18 mature / 16 fertilized / 5 blasts
    April 24, 2017: FET#3 - BFN
    May 24, 2017: FET#4 - BFP! - Beta #1 151 - Beta #2 503 - Due date 2/9/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I really wish there was a Symptom Spotters Anonymous. I'd probably go to the meetings.
  • Options
    @mrstmoose i found myself getting excited over heart burn and sore boobs, haha!
    TTC starting August 2015