October 2015 Moms

Losing bladder control- gross/embarrasing

kim1228kim1228 member
edited August 2015 in October 2015 Moms
OK so embarrassing...I thought I was "done" using the restroom and stood up...I guess I wasn't. Made a MESS on the bathroom floor at work. Either that or my water just happened to break at that exact same moment. Considering I'm only 31 weeks,I think I just don't have much bladder control haha. Has this happened to anyone else?

EDITED TO ADD: Yes, I did call my dr. They are calling me back. JUST IN CASE ;) 

Re: Losing bladder control- gross/embarrasing

• I peed my pants on the way to our childbirth class! Skipped class that night because I had nothing to change into.
  • @beanie1977 ok that makes me feel better. Not like a 90 yr old woman haha! 
  • Loading the player...
  • I literally peed a little while laughing during a movie on Saturday night and I had JUST gone to the bathroom. 

Try leaning forward whenever you go to the bathroom - or rock back n forth a little. It helps empty your bladder! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I hate this. I literally sit there for like five minutes to empty my bladder. I'm over it! Can't wait until after delivery when you seriously can't hold anything! The joys of motherhood!
  • J1DJ1D member
    taralohse said:
    I literally peed a little while laughing during a movie on Saturday night and I had JUST gone to the bathroom. 

Try leaning forward whenever you go to the bathroom - or rock back n forth a little. It helps empty your bladder! 

I shift around when I *think* I'm done. Lean forward and try, lean back and try, basically try to move the kiddo off my bladder to different angles to try to fully empty. Seems to be working out for me!

• Sometimes the only way I can fully empty my bladder is to squat and try again after I think I'm done. Sometimes I'm actually done, sometimes I'm not. But I check every time. Fun times these are, huh?
  • Yep!  Peed my pants a little struggling to get out bed the other morning!  The graceful "try to get out of bed w/out waking DH" period has officially ended!  And yes....when I got I definitely shift around/lean over to make sure it's all out though before I stand up though I feel like I can pee all the time!  I could probably wipe forever!

• I had my first sniss the other day. I guess I made a horrible face; my husband got concerned and forced me to tell him why I was freaking out. Then he laughed for an hour. :/
  • I woke up coughing last night and nearly wet my pants. Not a good way to wake up lol. At least I made it to the bathroom!
  • Just concerned I won't be able to tell if it's pee or my water breaking! Anyone else??
  • kim1228kim1228 member
    edited September 2015
    @Vstille2712 thats how I felt yesterday! My dr called back, he wasn't concerned at all. I guess the perfect timing of me getting up from peeing and my water breaking 9w early just didn't add up...plus no other symptoms. If they were the least bit worried, they'd have me checked out at L&D asap. They did say it was good I called, esp. as a first time mom. It may feel like a gush they said? To differentiate from pee. 

Random but...what if you are at the beach swimming around and you don't realize it happened since you are in the water?! Spent the wkd at the beach and just thought of that... 

EDIT to add: Thank all y'all for your pee stories haha  makes me feel so much better!! 
  • Umm yeah or in the shower! I think I'm just a paranoid FTM
  • I have no bladder control at this point. I'm on vacation and today at the pool I was lounging in a chair had a small cough and shot a puddle under the chair. I don't think anyone noticed but I was mortified. I've been wearing those pads for pee lately. To bad they don't make little swimmers in a pad version. ..