April 2016 Moms
Options

Do you find that eating healthier makes you feel better??

So last week I was 8 weeks, and thurs/fri I started to feel a lot better. Still tired, but not that constant yucky/need to lay down feeling. Over the weekend, I tried to just relax and sleep a lot, but made some bad eating choices since we had leftover pizza and I didnt feel like running out or cooking. I mainly ate toast, pizza and a corn dog and some cereal since it was all that sounded good, but now today I feel like I am paying for it. I feel sick, and constantly nauseous and I am wondering if the morning sickness just comes and goes in waves? Or if by trying to eat healthier and have healthy snacks if that really does make you feel better. I thought that maybe I was getting over the morning sickness and was going to feel great this week, but its quite the opposite.

Anyone else have this issue?  
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Do you find that eating healthier makes you feel better??

• Options
    Yes. This would be a good discussion to put in either the Symptoms or Healthy Living threads.
    Married 9/17/11 BFP 10/5/13 DS Oliver Stephen born 6/11/14 via C-section 8 lbs 9 oz BFP 8/14/15
  • Options
    thanks!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    In general, yes. You are what you eat ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am still finding it a little difficult to eat healthy, but I am trying when I can. Unfortunately, when I am sick, all I want is carbs.
  • Options
    In the morning, I'm healthy. After nausea sets in, all I want is carbs and protein makes me queasy. 

I am giving myself a little bit of a pass for the first trimester, but will force myself to eat super healthy in the second tri (even if I am nauseous). 
  • Options
    As PPs said, I'm eating what I can get and keep down. I'll eat healthy when I'm less nauseous. 
      BabyFruit Ticker      image 
  • Options
    I have found that trying to stay healthier yesterday really worked, i still can't stomach the idea of a salad, but I ordered a thai chicken wrap I used to love before being preggo, and even though it didnt sounds great, once I started eating it tasted good and I felt better. But I am finding some days, whether I FEEL hungry or not, I have to eat every 3 hours otherwise my stomach starts to feel awful so I have been trying to snack on cheese and crackers, yogurt and pickles
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Eating healthy in general will make you feel good!
  • Options
    Nope. I've felt my best when I slept a lot and ate pizza and pasta exclusively. Ahh vacation...
  • Options
    Monicagail1Monicagail1 member
    edited September 2015

Physically yes.  However, a little piece of my soul is crushed every time I have to turn down cake, brownies, or ice cream, lol.

With my first two pregnancies the only thing that I could somewhat stomach in the mornings was basically a hangover cure:  Greasy McDonald's breakfast (McMuffin and hash browns FTW!!).  And sadly, due to recently diagnosed Type 2 diabetes (maybe because of all that first tri McD's?) I will probably have to forgo that particular curative :(

Love: 8.10.99
    Marriage: 12.18.04
    DD1: 5.19.10
    DD2: 4.11.12
    #3 EDD 4.23.16

• Options
    yeah pasta always makes me feel better. And carbs in general. But I've found that if I eat *too* much, I feel worse. And sweets definitely don't make me feel better and probably make me more bloated and icky.
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Options
    For the most part I've noticed that eating healthy does seem to help.  Especially smoothies and chicken wraps.  I did have a pasta craving once.