April 2016 Moms
Options

*****Healthy Living Check in*****

I didn't see one started, so here we go!

Workout Plan:

Meal Plan:

Questions for the group:

GTKY - Favorite website/food blog for healthy recipes?:

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
BFP #3 11/2015, CP
BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016

Re: *****Healthy Living Check in*****

• Options
    Workout Plan: M - off (bc of my first appt!! and the buyers are inspecting our house), Tu - Baby Boot Camp, W - run with stroller? TH - Baby Boot Camp, F - ?, Sat - Baby Boot Camp

Meal Plan: working on it, but I know it's going to involve homemade pizza on Friday and maybe a spiralized eggplant recipe

Questions for the group: How are you managing to keep working out? The fatigue is killing me.

GTKY - Favorite website/food blog for healthy recipes?: I LOVE www.skinnytaste.com and www.inspiralized.com

BFP #3 11/2015, CP

• Options
    I so need this today!!

Workout Plan: I fell like crap, so I'm just going to be walking this week and trying to kick this constant nausea

Meal Plan: I think I bought all of the fruit from the store today. I've been eating straight grease and carbs for the last week that I need to get my tail in gear. I eat carbs to feel better then the carbs make me feel like crap. Vicious cycle!

Questions for the group: I need breakfast ideas. I'm a teacher so I need something that will stick with me until lunch and I am so over eggs.

GTKY - Favorite website/food blog for healthy recipes?: nom nom paleo is my go to for recipes. I'm gluten free and she has the best ideas. Look up her cracklin chicken. Too die for!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Workout Plan: I do 45 minutes of hiit cardio, paired with 30 minutes of weights where I alternate legs, abs, arms, about 4 times a week: I'm going for 5 days this week starting tomorrow.

Meal Plan: I eat high protein breakfast always eggs bacon and a carb.. It helps keep my hunger in check the rest of the day. Other than that I choose what to cook for dinner day to day, tonight it was chicken cutlets broccoli and rice, and leftovers are next day's lunch. Snacks are usually nuts, popcorn, and fruits ( I'm a big banana eater) I also only drink water and sometimes grapefruit juice.

Questions for the group: none for now but to answer the kdhb13 question is I just push myself because if I don't the fatigue just gets worse for me without exercise. And Kylee try to stick to high protein breakfast whether it be chicken sausage, or vary your eggs into different types of omelets so it will stick with you until lunch.

GTKY - Favorite website/food blog for healthy recipes?: none but I love this app called paprika you can copy and paste diff recipes you find and it makes shopping lists for you and plans out meals for you!
  • Options
    Workout Plan: M/W/F - Cardio, Tu/Th - Weights

Meal Plan: Um, grilled cheese pop ups on Monday then....yeah.

Questions for the group: none right now

GTKY - Favorite website/food blog for healthy recipes?: I like either allrecipes.com (filter it to healthy) or myrecipes.com (which has Cooking Light recipes).
    BFP 5.21.12 ~~ Born 1.28.13
    BFP 8.14.15 ~~ Due 4.22.16
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Workout Plan: not sure for this week, I had some spotting after running yesterday so going to take it easy. Maybe just walking and light yoga for this week.

Meal Plan: working on it day by day, what sounds good is still so hit or miss

Questions for the group:

GTKY - Favorite website/food blog for healthy recipes?: I follow whole30recipes on IG and I love stupideasypaleo too.
  • Options
    @KDHB13 I try to get my workout in as early in the day as possible while I have the most energy, otherwise it's a huge struggle.

@kyleec89 I do bacon, eggs, sautéed power greens, and kale kraut almost every day. It's fast to make in the morning and keeps me full until lunch.
  • Options
    Workout plan: Monday - Friday I will work out with clients at the studio. I just do the exercises I feel like - lots of arms these days. Wednesday-Friday I will ride my horse. If it cools down as much as they say it's going to then maybe I'll get on our treadmill. I've been so tired so I haven't been working out as much as usual and just trying to conserve my energy for the musts - riding and teaching Pilates.

Meal Plan: I want to do a low carb slow cooker lasagna tomorrow if I make it to the store. I'm also thinking of making a BBQ chicken pizza later in the week to feed my cravings. My ILs are coming to stay with us Wednesday - ??? so that may impact meals.

No questions and no favorite blogs. I was looking up some recipes on Pinterest and chocolate covered Katie is a good blog I used to follow.
    <image>
  • Options
    Workout plan: 30 min of walking every day
    Meal plan: turkey chili, bbq chicken. That's all I have right now.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    St0v3sSt0v3s member
    edited August 2015
    Working out: 3 mile walk daily
    Meal plan: haven't made it yet but to make sure I'm getting all my food groups.
    GTKY- Pinterest, lowcarbyum, peaceloveandlowcarb

Me- 25,DH-28

Anniversary

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    For what it's worth, I like the limited number of questions you started with here - sometimes the check-ins are so long it's overwhelming and I skip them
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Workout Plan: does carrying my toddler on my hip while cooking dinner count? She really likes me to hold her while I do ev-er-y-thing

Meal Plan: need to be sure I am eating enough veggies. I have always been a huge fan of vegetables until this pregnancy. I will eat through the nausea

Questions for the group: nada

GTKY - Favorite website/food blog for healthy recipes?: I use the allrecipes app but I didn't know there was a healthy filter until reading @runlong3 's post
  • Options
    BFP 5.21.12 ~~ Born 1.28.13
    BFP 8.14.15 ~~ Due 4.22.16
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kyleec89 I have been doing a breakfast casserole. It has eggs in it but the meat and spinach can mast the egg taste. Also I do salads with chicken breast as breakfast

Me- 25,DH-28

Anniversary

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    Workout Plan: Used to be 5-6 days s week of cardio and weights, right now im lucky if I get .5 mile walk in with the dog, I have tried pushing through the walks to feel better but honestly when i get home I feel worse, so I am taking a break from exercise sadly right now

Meal Plan: whatever sounds good, trying to get back into healthier eating, multigrain toast or english muffin in the morning with peanut butter, trying to get a smoothie with some spinach in, chicken and rice, and still trying to find other options that sound good. Eggs sound awful right now so those are out.

Questions for the group: DO you find that certain things/foods make you feel better and or worse? Im trying to put together a connection of what makes me feel worse so I can avoid those things/foods

GTKY - Favorite website/food blog for healthy recipes?: I love The Dashing Dish, she makes normal recipes healthier by recreating with different ingredients
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Just realize that 75% of my post from earlier was off for some reason… Annoying

My exercise plan is to finish The fitness blender five day challenge on YouTube… My meal plan is pretty much tacos all week long… I'm also a fan of the allrecipes.com

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Workout Plan: M-Th elliptical in the morning for 30-40/minutes. Some days try to get a walk in on my lunch break too. F-Sun I'm chasing after my toddler who loves to go outside.

Meal Plan: tomorrow night is left over stuffed chicken, rice and veggies. Not sure about wed & Thurs but we are having lobster on Friday when my dad and stepmom visit so we can tell them about baby #2.

Questions for group: I would.love some breakfast ideas. I'm getting pretty tired off eggs or cereal.

GTKY: Favorite website food blog for healthy recipes? I like using a lot of the recipes from weight watchers. That really helped when I was trying to lose my pregnancy weight with DD.
  • Options
    @lynnjess29 - I like to make muffins on the weekends and freeze them for a quick breakfast during the week. These muffins: https://weelicious.com/2012/01/04/spinach-cake-muffins/ are so good. They don't taste bland or vegetable-y either. AND that site is a great resource for when your LO starts solids!

BFP #3 11/2015, CP

• Options
    Workout plan: still nothing until week 12 (3 more weeks) and then walking and/or light yoga a few days a week.

Meal plan: y'all, I ate a salad tonight! Major milestone in this pregnancy. Granted, it was alongside baked ziti, but it was a green vegetable, which is amazing right now. So far veggies have repulsed me (which is awful because I usually do low carb, high veg and lean protein) and all I've wanted it carbs. Anyway, I'm trying to work in more fruit, and keep up with the yogurt. Every morning I have an egg and cheese sandwich with eggs from my chickens, though. Yum.

Questions for the group: nothing right now.

GTKY: favorite website food blog for healthy recipes? Well, I think that depends on what people consider healthy, but I love Against All Grain/Danielle Walker. She's got amazing suggestions for living a grain free lifestyle, which I do.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Lets see... Just moving feels like a workout, because I'm so tired... Actually just sitting down and digesting whatever food I was some how able to stomach seems to take all my energy
    Meal plan: whatever sounds good. This mainly consists of beef, fruit, and bread... Occasionally eggs...

My question is did anyone else find out that they are now lactose sensitive/intolerant? And can you take the over the counter lactose thingy when you're pregnant? I wouldn't think it'd pass to the baby because it's just a digestive enzyme, but I thought perhaps someone would know. I just can't give up milk!
  • Options
    kyleec89 said:
    IQuestions for the group: I need breakfast ideas. I'm a teacher so I need something that will stick with me until lunch and I am so over eggs.  

@kyleec89 my go-tos are clif bars and chobani flips. I also like cereal with milk.
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016