July 2015 Moms
Options

Mirena IUD

I got the Mirena IUD put in yesterday and today I feel a little sore down there. Almost like I have a tampon in that isn't inserted correctly. Has anyone experienced this? Is it just from being stretched so much to put it in or could it be falling out?
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Mirena IUD

• Options
    I got it last week and besides sone cramping an hour later I never felt a thing. If not better by tomorrow, go back in to get it checked.
  • Options
    I had it at one time and I hated it. I could feel it. I'd get mild period like cramping and the hormones in it made my skin terrible. Also my dh could feel it poking him when we had sex.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    corndogrobotcorndogrobot member
    edited September 2015
    Mine fell out about a month after it was Put in. The dr said that she had never seen that happen but it is possible. Cramping is normal. But I'd visit the dr again just to be sure.
  • Options
    You should have some cramping for the first week, that's what my doctor said.
  • Options
    Ummm yeah...sounds weird! Won't be going that method!
  • Options
    I've not hard the IUD, I was thinking of getting it until I can get my tubes tied.  I would follow back up with the doctor. maybe call and talk to the nurse and make sure it's normal. 
  • Options
    I just got Mirena last week. I was not able to feel the IUD at all. I had horrible cramps that night and most of the next day. Other than cramping I experienced no pain or any other weird sensations. I would 100% go back to your doctor! Better safe than sorry.