Babies on the Brain
Options

Too Early?

I'm new to this site & I have major baby fever. I was wondering if it's silly that we want to try & conceive in April, but we've looked at different names, & what to do before trying to get pregnant? I just want to make sure I'm 100% ready for when April comes.

Re: Too Early?

• Options
    It's never too early to research and prepare for such a huge life changing event! Many of us have talked about names on other boards here also, well before even TTC. It's just fun to think about :)
  • Options
    Agreed ^^ it's never too early. Enjoy it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I dont think its too early-im doing the same thing! :)
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. We really appreciate it. It is very exciting. I keep thinking about things that are way down the road. But it's just so nice to have the feeling of being a mom.
  • Options
    Plus I'm an ECE and having kids everywhere makes you just urge to have one of your own. & sometimes not aha
  • Options
    Planning out is the best. Being mentally prepared with your SO will help too! April isn't too far away! Come join in on the chat and welcome to the wait, friend!
  • Options
    Thats not too early! My DH and I have had names picked out for years, and we wont "try" until november
  • Options
    April will be here before you know it! It is definitely not too early to start thinking about these things. I'm not even going to TTC until next October and I already have names picked out! Enjoy the exciting anticipation and plan away. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Not silly at all. Hubs and I want to take a big trip before officially TTC (in May!), but I plan on getting of BC at the end of this year to allow my cycles to regulate. Talking and making some choices while you're not hormonal is smart. There is much to learn! 
    DH: 29
    Me: 27
    Married 9/20/14 
    BFP: 7/3/16
    EDD: 3/13/17

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    greeneyes14greeneyes14 member
    edited August 2015
    No not at all! I'm new here too :-) welcome !
    We've been talking about trying to start this winter and I've been reading the book TCOYF it's an awesome health awareness book for women in general but it's great to read before TTC and get pregnant also the more time you have to get you body ready before getting pregnant the better !
    And don't feel silly at all we are looking at names and and I'm even looking at baby stuff like strollers, baby nursery photos and everything it's a fun way to pass the time. :-) also in a few months start looking at taking a prenatal they say atleast 3 months before getting pregnant if not more is the best, check that book out too it's awesome. See you on the boards !
  • Options
    we aren't trying until april either and we talk about names all the time. i just bought TCOYF book. i don't think it's every too early to start talking about things, start learning things and preparing yourself. i've always been a huge obsessor over chapters in my life. i obsessed over our wedding now i'm obsessing over our baby. lol. totally normal behavior for me. and i'm sure for others also.
    houston, tx. eharmony 7.3.11. married 3.7.15. oilfield wife.

• Options
    We are planning a wedding in December and I get so excited over thing too LOL. Everyday I'm thinking of new things to add to our "Baby book" of things to consider and what we need. :)
  • Options
    Okay, now I have no idea if anyone would know. But just throwing it out there. Does anyone know roughly how much it costs for a private room at East General Hospital? I've looked online and can only find Mt. Sinai.
  • Options
    This depends partly on your insurance.  If you're paying out of pocket you could call the hospital administration for a rough estimate.
  • Options
    frommrstomamafrommrstomama member
    edited September 2015
  • Options
    **Lurking from TTGP Board**

@MrsStephee - suggest buying Taking Charge of Your Fertility... As others have said. Also download the Fertility Friend app to track your cycles and temp. They're great resources and one you do start trying in April, you'll have a better idea of what's going on with your body.
    Hope that helps and best of luck!
    Me: 30 DH: 32
    Married: 09/18/2009
    TTC #1: 01/2015
    BFP #1: May 2015 | EDD: Jan 2016 | MC: Jun 2015
    TTC#2: 07/2015

• Options
    I talk about possible future baby names all the time. With my SO, with my Mom, with my MIL. I feel that nine months isn't a long enough time to REALLY decided what a child will be called FOREVER. Plus, it's so fun to think about what you might name your kids :)