August 2015 Moms
Options

A little TMI but..

Is anyone experiencing this awful smell downstairs during post partum?? It's about three weeks after baby, and seriously it smells like something crawled up inside of me and died. I shower and wash every day but it won't go away it's so awful!! How long is this going to last???

Re: A little TMI but..

• Options
    Im not experiencing this. It could be an infection. I would call doc or nurse hotline
  • Options
    Maybe there is blood or discharge in there? Try taking a bath and see if sitting in the water helps clean it out a little. Also call and mention it to your doctor or a nurse they may ask you to come in just to make sure you're healing properly.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Call doctor!
  • Options
    I would also mention it to your doctor as it could be an infection. I'm 3.5 weeks out from my second c-section and have never experienced that.
  • Options
    Calling doctor it is!!! My mom said it was normal but I'm beginning to think not
  • Options
    Let us know how you get on!
  • Options
    I noticed that mine smelled kinda strange until I passed a huge blot clot.. I didn't hardly bleed other than that, so I'm not really sure what to think.... :-??
  • Options
    It smells weird but not like horrible so.maybe it's not normal. But I think it smells stronger than period blood. Def not the same.
  • Options
    nininou19 said:

It smells weird but not like horrible so.maybe it's not normal. But I think it smells stronger than period blood. Def not the same.

This! Mines not awful but it's weird.. Kinda like amniotic fluid. I could smell it during labor too so I'm not thinking mines an infection
  • Options
    Mine doesn't smell so great either but it's not as bad as it was the first few days pp.
  • Options
    I agree that I think it's stronger than period, but then again I can't remember the last time I used a pad - I've always done tampons for years. So the pads plus the fact that it's summer makes it nasty for me. Blech.