July 2015 Moms

Returning to work

anyone returning to work soon? I'm heading back on Monday. My DH is taking that day off but my LO will be starting daycare on Tuesday and I'm scared! I'm all he's known for 2 months and worry! It's an in home daycare provider. Anyone have positive things or experiences to help calm my nerves???

Re: Returning to work

• I start back next Tuesday and dreading it. My mother is going to babysit and she lives right next to my work so I will be going there for my hour lunches. Hopefully it won't be too bad since I wont be gone 8 hours straight. I have a feeling lots of tears will be shed for a few days over missing my baby
  • I start back a week from Tuesday... I'm nervous too! My LO will be going to an in home daycare as well... There will definitely be some tears shed!
  • Loading the player...
  • Today has been a terrible emotional day. I'm returning to work tmrw and every time I think about it I cry. My LO will be 8 weeks on Thursday and I feel that I haven't gotten enough time with him before going back. I feel it's too soon. I know he is in good hands my mom will be watching him at my house so he's not leaving his everyday environment. My sister will be watching him one day a week. I've been dreading this day. I know I'm gonna probably cry everyday I leave him this first week. I'm going to be thinking about him all day. I'm worried he's going to start to be fussy halfway through the day bc he misses me. Ive only left him for a few hours a couple days since he's been born. Even when I left him with DH he started to become fussy and DH could not calm him but as soon as I came home he was fine. He's done that for my mom and sister who will be watching him. I think because he missed me. I know he will eventually get use to this new routine as will I. I just know the first couple weeks are going to be rough. And at the end of the work day I know he'll be happy to see me as I will be ecstatic to see him.
  • @jewels1029 my heart breaks just reading your post! My LO is one month old & I'm glad I don't go back til January 4th & only work 1/2 days, but it will still be hard!
  • Today has been a terrible emotional day. I'm returning to work tmrw and every time I think about it I cry. My LO will be 8 weeks on Thursday and I feel that I haven't gotten enough time with him before going back. I feel it's too soon. I know he is in good hands my mom will be watching him at my house so he's not leaving his everyday environment. My sister will be watching him one day a week. I've been dreading this day. I know I'm gonna probably cry everyday I leave him this first week. I'm going to be thinking about him all day. I'm worried he's going to start to be fussy halfway through the day bc he misses me. Ive only left him for a few hours a couple days since he's been born. Even when I left him with DH he started to become fussy and DH could not calm him but as soon as I came home he was fine. He's done that for my mom and sister who will be watching him. I think because he missed me. I know he will eventually get use to this new routine as will I. I just know the first couple weeks are going to be rough. And at the end of the work day I know he'll be happy to see me as I will be ecstatic to see him.

You are an amazing momma, your love for your LO is totally apparent. Hang in there momma, sending prayers to you this week!
  • I already started back at work, last week. My lo is just 6 weeks old but he comes with me since my job happens to be at a daycare center so that's a plus. I still can't be with him throughout the day therefore im having to pump and everything but i do get to check on him periodically
  • I go back next Saturday :(( I'm a nurse working full time 12 hr shifts, but for 6 weeks I'm only doing 1-2 shifts/week and then back to 3 after that, so I'm easing back into it. My mom and MIL will be watching her. Nice thing is I make my own schedule so I can make it work for everyone. Still sucks, not ready.
  • I go back to work Monday and I am dreading the day so much. It's all I can think about. I'm ready for a routine but hate leaving my little guy. I feel like I am going to miss something. Staying home isn't an option for me, so I guess I don't have a choice. Picking him up from the sitter will be the best and I will have that to look forward to every day!
  • I'm working part time from home now but my first two days out of the house were this week. I think the only thing that made it okay for me was that my hubby works evenings so he was with his wonderful daddy all day. I kept getting picture texts and updates. I refused to put him down when I got home...my little love bug!
  • I go back to work Monday and I am dreading the day so much. It's all I can think about. I'm ready for a routine but hate leaving my little guy. I feel like I am going to miss something. Staying home isn't an option for me, so I guess I don't have a choice. Picking him up from the sitter will be the best and I will have that to look forward to every day!

Me too!! Same exact sentiment... Except my MIL and sister will be watching my LO at my house. No traveling for him.
    Sometimes I think I'm ready, sometimes I cry.