May 2016 Moms
Options

My journey so far... An intro.

So I thought I'd say hello since I'm hoping to be here for a while. My story so far is a bit long so be prepared. Here we go!

(Previous losses mentioned)

Dh and I have been together for 2 years. Dh has 2 sons from his previous marriage. They are 8yo and 10yo. I have no children of my own and my first husband was very emotionally abusive. His abuse included telling me that he didn't want to get me pregnant because he thought I would get fat and he thought I already needed to lose weight. (I wasn't fat. At my biggest I was 160lbs. He was an ass) DH and I decided we wanted at least one baby together. Last summer we were training for a half marathon and had planned on starting ttc after we completed the race. Well, about a month before the race I ended up with some strained tendons in my hip and couldn't run anymore more so we stopped my bc and went ahead with ttc ahead of schedule.

Being naive about ttc and knowing how easily DH had conceived his boys, my first couple months were rough but on my 4th cycle I got my very first BFP! We were so excited and overjoyed! Everything looked great at our first ultrasound at 8 weeks but unfortunately things didn't stay that way. At our first prenatal appointment the nurse couldn't find the hb with the Doppler. An ultrasound confirmed that the heart had stopped beating and baby had stopped growing. I had a D&C at 12 weeks on March 3rd.

After recovering from the procedure and waiting for a cycle we tried again. This time we got a BFP on cycle 2! Way to cut ttc time in half! Then tragedy strikes again. At 5w4d I started bleeding. I went in to the er and was diagnosed with a sub-chorionic hemorrhage. After about a week of off and on bleeding I wound up in the er again and had an emergency D&C.

The doctor ran some blood tests and luckily everything came back fine. I don't have any clotting disorders. Everything was looking good for us to TTC again after I had another cycle. We weren't as careful as we should probably have been before then and a few days before my cycle I was having some suspicious symptoms. I had been temping but I wasn't keeping track of our timing so I thought I better POAS to rule it out. To my surprise I got a BFP. The doctor checked my levels and they came back very low. I started my period a few days later and the doctor doesn't think it was a new pregnancy but was residual hcg from my mc.

They started checking my hcg to track it down to zero. Here's the fun part! At no point did any of the nurses drawing my blood tell me that the doctor wanted us to wait to ttc until after my levels fully dropped. The last thing I was told was to wait for one period. So that's what we did! My hcg dropped as low as 7 on the blood draws but then climbed back up to 9 last week and yesterday they were at 45! I'll be going back in on Tuesday to check one more time and to check my progesterone level as well. The doctor is confident that this is a new pregnancy and she thinks that the bfp last month was just residual and therefore nothing to worry about.

So here I am ktfu for the third time within a year. Based off my temping, my ovulation date puts my edd at May 2nd. So happy to be here and extremely hopeful that this time I get to stay all the way thru!

Re: My journey so far... An intro.