January 2016 Moms

VITAMINS WHO HAS NOT TAKEN ANY AT ALL

2»

Re: VITAMINS WHO HAS NOT TAKEN ANY AT ALL

• I took them until 6 weeks when my nausea wouldn't let me keep them down. I took my son's children's gummies when I could, but even those made me gag at times. I'm finally to a point where I think I might be able to stomach them again, so I'll probably try in the next couple days. I do however eat fairly healthy and read labels to make sure I'm getting enough iron, folic acid, etc.
  • LOL @ the moms who are upset about her using CAPS.

Grow a thicker skin

Except she said "I DONT KNOW WHY IM NOT TAKING THEM, PLEASE YELL AT ME, WHAT AM I DOING?!?!".

You need to grow the thicker skin here. People were telling her why she should take a vitamin. I doubt anybody will lose sleep over her decision.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have very thick skin @Knottie15742183 .... She was the one who put herself on blast with the caps. I wanted to know why she was shouting from the theoretical rooftops about her prenatal discrepancies. Seems like she got what she was looking for....
  • edited September 2015
    https://gif.co/o8gO.gif

WHY CAN I STILL NOT GIF
  • Why aren't you taking them? I stopped taking them at 4 months because I have a heart condition which got worse and they aren't sure why--- I went off the vitamins and it went back to normal (they don't think there is any relation; however I'm so scared to go back on them). I got my doctor's permission to stay off for the time being but I eat a very particular diet to try and make up the nutrients and have to get frequent blood tests to check all different vitamin and iron levels. If there is a reason you can't take them, that's one thing --- but if you can take them, I'm not sure why you wouldn't.
  • Just sure hope you're getting that folic acid from SOMEWHERE. I wasn't willing to accept a higher chance of neural tube defects, but hey, your kid your choice.....?
  • I forget to take them some days. I don't sweat it too much.
    I was on rx folic acid for the first 14 weeks so I think I'm fine.

If she doesn't want to take them, for whatever reason, it's her who is going to have to deal with the consequences of any adverse effects. That being said, her baby might be fine. Then again it might not be. We don't know. I think not taking just because "I don't wanna" is a little naive and ignorant though.
    imageimage
  • Krisdee123Krisdee123 member
    edited September 2015
    If OP starts to take prenatals now (if she chooses to), will it be of benefit to her now? Or is it potentially too late to make a positive impact? What's done is done, maybe look forward OP.
    Edit spelling
  • If OP starts to take prenatals now (if she chooses to), will it be of benefit to her now? Or is it potentially too late to make a positive impact? What's done is done, maybe look forward OP.
    Edit spelling

They're most beneficial right before you're pregnant and during first tri, but still are valuable in second, third tri, and after birth (should you decide to breastfeed.)

• My first pregnancy I simply forgot to take them, I admit to my laziness on that, this pregnancy I have suffered MS that the pill form seemed to make worse, burping up and tasting them was hell. I switched to a gummy and felt no better, my doctor was concerned so we spoke of alternative ways to get what I needed. I don't take them and until my MS lightens I won't.
  • JUST TAKE THE VITAMINS.  It took me 7 months to conceive, and I started them at least a couple months before that.  I'm hoping you have at least been eating a good diet.  I feel like I eat pretty well but I still feel like I need supplements, and you know why?...because I'm not just eating for my own body.  There is a human growing inside of me.

TTC #1 10/2014
    Low progesterone
    BFP 05/2015
    Baby boy born 01/2016
    Currently: NTNP

• If OP starts to take prenatals now (if she chooses to), will it be of benefit to her now? Or is it potentially too late to make a positive impact? What's done is done, maybe look forward OP. Edit spelling
    I think it will most definitely still have a benefit.

TTC #1 10/2014
    Low progesterone
    BFP 05/2015
    Baby boy born 01/2016
    Currently: NTNP

• My doctor told me if I didn't like the prenatal stuff, 2 Flintstones vitamins are just fine.  I'm having a Flintstones kid!

• If OP starts to take prenatals now (if she chooses to), will it be of benefit to her now? Or is it potentially too late to make a positive impact? What's done is done, maybe look forward OP.
    Edit spelling

Im pretty sure it's way too late for the folic acid. But the iron is more important now because this is when we're making all that extra blood. If she's going to her prenatal appts she prob knows whether or not her iron levels are low because I think they all test for that. I stayed on prenatals straight through from my last pregnancy because I was breastfeeding.
  • I've been taking prenatals for 3 years straight and on and off before then (they help my hair grow faster). If I ate healthy all the time making sure I got all the vitamins and minerals I need from food I might feel more comfortable not taking them, but I don't even know what I need or what foods have it. So out of my laziness I'll stick with my prenatals just in case.
  • I take a B complex for the folic acid and liquid D. I took the prenatal
  • Sorry, I hit the post button too soon. I took prenatal vitamins through the entire first trimester but when I started losing weight from vomiting, the OB said to just take the folic acid. I keep trying to go back to the prenatal but I always throw up so I stopped. It's something I always feel a bit guilty about but my dr assured me that it's ok as long as I take folic acid. I do cook all my own food and go out of my way to meet my nutritional requirements through my diet.
  • I am absolutely not going to judge... Just some personal thoughts... WHY wouldn't you take them? They can only do good things for your sweet little baby. I have never missed a vitamin, eat healthy, don't smoke and don't drink. However, my baby has had some issues thus far in the anatomy scan. I am getting more conclusive results today. I guess what I am trying to get at, is thet I most sincerely hope with every fibre in my being that my baby is ok. However, if I hadn't of done something so simple as take my prenatal I would be terrified that in not doing so somehow I caused anything to go wrong in my pregnancy. Please start taking your vitamins. It's not too late to start doing the right thing starting today.