3rd Trimester

Sooooi pissed at doctor!!!

mkeipmkeip member
edited August 2015 in 3rd Trimester
So ftm here. 3 weeks ago I took the step b test. The ppw online in my chart was negative and my doctor 2 weeks ago says hey did you see your results you are negative at which time I confirmed it. Well I get a call TODAY (3 weeks after the test remember) to tell me I tested positive. I was like Wtf. So I explained what I had already been told and they denied it all. And guess what.....my due date is today!!!!! Their staff also forgot to log in my chart that I got the tdap too and acted like no one gave it to me the week prior. Thank god my husband had been present. I'm so pissed off right now. Thanks for telling me on the day I'm fing due that I need to make sure I get there if labor starts because I need an intervention now after I was just told that I can stay home for as long as I'm comfortable and water hasn't broken. It really freaks me out how many mistakes these people make. I also just found out they have a duplicate med record in their system of me which they STILL have not taken care of, and they also didn't log my first ultrasound into the system which I just found out in my last visit upon asking a question about baby. All of these mistakes I have found out in the last month so it's not like I can change docs. And as a doc he is great but the staff seems sooo disorganized. I'm stressed out now.

Re: Sooooi pissed at doctor!!!

• Oh wow.. Seems like they have made some errors. But calm down, you don't need to stress! Everything will work out
  • They test two things for strep b. One is your urine, which is usually done quickly at the office. The other is similar to a pap test and typically has to be sent to a lab. Did you have the internal swab, perhaps your urine was negative but the swab positive (which happens to a lot of people)?

Relax. I had strep b. Labor took a good while anyway so I had more than enough time for the drugs. Do be aware, my hospital wouldn't let me have the epidural until the first bag of penicillin was done. They jammed it in me fast bc I was dying for the epidural since I was 6cm already when I got admitted. It hurt a bit. I got the second round 4 hours later when I was getting ready to start pushing. They just waited to get the whole bag in before pushing started but that took 2.5 hours anyway so there was more than enough time.

Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • mkeipmkeip member
    edited August 2015
    i had the pap test on august 8th. which is ANOTHER reason why i am pissed that they called me JUST NOW on my due date to tell me it was positive. It has been WEEKS! My test results came back 3 days after it was done and they told me it was negative at that time. So yeah, was not happy to receive this phone call after all the other screw ups they have made this month. The nurse says "so when it comes close to your due date you'll want to keep a close eye on your symptoms of labor so you can get here in time so you can be treated" and when i told the nurse "well my due date is today" she goes "ohhhhhhhh" and then there was silence. so "i said what do i do if the baby comes before i can get there" and she goes "hopefully that wont happen." What a moron. So on top of the duplicate MRNs, losing my ultrasound records, AND trying to give me a tdap TWICE because their nurses didnt log that they had just given it to me, for them to also give me the correct test result almost a MONTH after i took the test and was previously told it was negative really pisses me off. This doctor is highly rated and came recommended by a friend. I am happy with how he is but geez the office is just totally disorganized. I wish this wasnt happening at the very end so i could switch doctors offices because this is fing ridiculous. 
  • I would definitely speak to a head nurse or an office manager in regards to all the mistakes they have made, especially when it comes down to the health and welfare of your baby. I may let it slide if they forgot to chart my blood pressure at my last visit, but not my ultrasound results, or the fact that I received a vaccine. Not to scare you but as far as the results of the street b test I personally would ask to be tested again, they seem very incompetent and who knows if they are even giving you your results! If you do in fact have it though I wouldn't stress over it, they will give you antibiotics during labor and everything will be fine.. Good luck!
  • unbelievable!