September 2015 Moms
Options

Team Greeners What did you have?

We were Team Green and just delivered baby girl number three. I just love that big reveal at birth. Our nurse had us guess while they were suctioning (I was wrong but I'm never right). Now that the babies are coming what did you have? Any fun stories of how you were told?

Re: Team Greeners What did you have?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Team green but not due until the 22nd, so I will keep you posted! 
  • Options
    I am team green and j just CANNOT WAIT TO KNOW! I'm getting more anxious as the days go on!
  • Options
    We are team green and due 9/11. I'm thinking boy, I can't wait to find out!
  • Options
    We are team green and can't wait to find out what is growing inside of me! I originally thought it was a girl but so many people say I am carrying like its a boy these last few months. Had an ultrasound a week ago and the tech almost told us because we forgot to tell her we are team Green.
  • Options
    I can't wait to hear everyone's stories. My favorite thing on the board is sharing in each other's joy.
  • Options
    We won't find out for a few weeks either, but I love the positive feedback for team green! I get mostly negative feedback when I tell people we don't know. In our baby class of 12 couples we were the only greeners!
  • Options
    Team Green and due on the 21st!  I've been thinking girl, cant wait to find out for sure!
  • Options
    Looks like most greeners turn out to be pinks, idk
  • Options
    Team green due Friday. At my last appointment my doctor refered to "her" a couple times. We were talking about the birth of my daughter though so I'm pretty sure she didn't give it away. I remember she called my daughter a he and I freaked out because I was told I was having a girl lol.
  • Options
    Team green, due on 9/28.  So excited.  I look like girl (carrying low) but I feel more boy.  I get a mixture of both guesses from people.  It is so funny to hear people's reaction about being team green.  I think it will help me get through the hardest parts of labor.  I imagine the doctor saying "It's a ...." and I already tear up.  It is so weird that we can know but don't!  Best surprise ever!
  • Options
    Team green for 9/21! My kids are so excited to meet their new brother or sister and daddy is bouncing off the walls.
  • Options
    Team green and we have a repeat c section scheduled for Friday!
  • Options
    Team Green due 9/11/15...seems everyone I know has had a boy so far this year, so I'm feeling it's going to be a a boy as well!
  • Options
    mbrower08 said:

Team green, due on 9/28.  So excited.  I look like girl (carrying low) but I feel more boy.  I get a mixture of both guesses from people.  It is so funny to hear people's reaction about being team green.  I think it will help me get through the hardest parts of labor.  I imagine the doctor saying "It's a ...." and I already tear up.  It is so weird that we can know but don't!  Best surprise ever!

One of my coworkers was absolutely convinced (to the most irritating extreme) that I'm having a bit because I'm carrying low. I always heard that lore was not high was girl.

Good luck though! We're team green(ish). I posted a while back about wanting to maybe find out because of how disconnected I was feeling so we took a peek and have a loose, 80% idea of what we're having. I love the half mystery, lol, way more than knowing nothing or knowing for certain! Due this Saturday 9/5 so we'll see!!
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    We had a girl!

To be honest, we did end up taking a little peek at like the 36ish week mark but they couldn't really confirm anything because baby was too big to really navigate through all the limbs lol. We got a "probably girl?" answer that helped me feel a lot more connected to the person I was growing (I dealt struggled with that during the pregnancy). Somehow a probably was a million times better than a mystery and than a definitely.
  • Options
    We have a daughter and were really hoping for a boy. I would tear up thinking about that moment of "it's a boy!" And I would kinda shrug at the thought of "it's a girl". I will admit, I felt that disconnect. I felt scared of having a girl again. I worried how I could possibly love another baby like I love our daughter. And if weren't a boy, gasp, how could I love another girl! I wasn't even set on our girl name choice. We know we're done at two kids, so this was it! It was scary to think about.

Quick back story: before kids, when DH and I were just dating he would say that his daughter's name would be Rachel and I would say, "ugh I hate that name, good thing I'm only having boys! If it's a girl in putting it back in and trying again!" Obviously, as a joke but I'm the youngest of 4 girls and all my parents wanted was a boy. I'm also the first to have babies so I just HAD to produce a boy!

Jump forward to now: I had a scheduled C Section and had the nurses and docs guess, I told everyone that I wanted DH to say it first. Everyone was so excited! DH asked the Dr if he could video and she said that once the baby was out that was fine. He was ready to go and my anesthesiologist dropped the drape for me, Dr held the baby up to us and said "what do you think it is!?" DH got to say "it's a girl!" And I said it too. One of the nurses commented that "she's big". It was the most exciting 10 seconds ever and DH got it on video!! It was beautiful and fun and amazing! My two year old loves watching it and I've probably watched it a billion times already, it's just perfect!

Today we stand with two daughters: Rachel (2) and Rebecca (our new LO). Our girls are beautiful and we love each of them more than words can explain. That disconnect was gone in 60 seconds! She is amazing and I love that we can say "our girls" instead of "our kids", I've always been "the girls" and now I have my own. People already ask if we're going to "try for a boy" and I just think that's the dumbest idea ever. We're done at two, but IF we were to have another baby it would be to have a third child, not a gender.
  • Options
    We had a boy! Pretty much everyone I know guessed boy - everything about this pregnancy was different from my first. After delivery, baby was placed on my chest, but of course I couldn't see anything, so I just said "so what do we have!?!?" And the nurse smiled "It's a boy!!!" I have never seen my husband so excited and amazed. Our first was a traumatic emergency C, and I don't think he expected to be so excited about seeing baby being born via VBAC. I now have one of each and couldn't be happier.
  • Options
    I was so convinced it was a girl. Then my husband said "ha you little turd your mom thinks you're a girl" and my heart sank. It was a boy! As I was was being in shock and asking how it could be a boy be peed all over me. So now I have 1 girl and 2 boys. Eli Kelly 6lb 3 oz. So far we're doing great! Except he can't wear any of the hair bows I brought him.
  • Options
    Everyone told me I was having a boy based on how I carried. We loved being team green but it definitely got old in the end with everyone thinking they knew! Well I said I hope it's a girl just to prove everyone they're wrong and I got just that! My girl :)
  • Options
    We had a girl! With my first based on our birthing class I said statistics alone we would have to have a girl.
    This time around I'm in a baby boom of friends and most are having or had boys so I was sure we were a girl again! Yup!
    We did already get a "Are you going to try for a boy?" On day one in the hospital from my SIL (my husband's only sister, who is single).
  • Options
    Our guess was boy and we were right! :) My husband was so in awe after watching baby being delivered he forgot to announce if it was a boy or a girl, and they put him on my chest right away so he didn't get a good look. I was so excited to see the baby I forgot to look at first too! Then the doctor said, "So, what do we have?" and then we realized we hadn't looked! I looked down and said, "It's a boy!" Then my husband cut the umbilical cord. Wish I could relive that moment over and over again :)
  • Options
    A beautiful baby girl! I am thrilled beyond belief because I wanted a little girl but we were convinced she was a boy, everyone except my sister (who is always right lol) told us we were having a boy. I had a c section and when they pulled her out and said its a girl I didn't believe them! I was so tired and out of it I was like oh they're just messing with us! I made DH check like three times lol and still didn't believe it until the pediatrician came later in the day. It was a tough pregnancy but it was soooo worth it in the end! Four days later I still can't believe how happy I am. Obviously I would have been thrilled with a son but having a little girl is just the best thing ever!