July 2015 Moms
Options

Suggestions for gym

First time back to gym this week! What did you do/plan on doing for your first session back?

Re: Suggestions for gym

• Options
    15 mins cardio (arc trainer)....light weights-- upper body one day, legs another, abs another....then 15 more mins cardio. I will say, after doing ab day, I had some very light cramping later that night- but nothing too bad!! I might have overdone it!
  • Options
    I plan to start with yoga. I did lots of prenatal yoga & miss it dearly! Also just lots of compound movements with my body weight (squats, lunges, push-ups, burpees, dips)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I worry about ab exercises... Does anyone know what the best ab exercises are for postpartum?
  • Options
    I did Zumba and have had bleeding the past three days
  • Options
    I did a circuit training class. I took it easy though... will work back up to where I was slowly.
  • Options
    The first 5 weeks I did yoga and some light exercise such as squats and lunges and push ups. I just hired a personal trainer and started today! She kicked my ass and I'm excited to get results. You do have to do special ab workouts though that are for postpartum @hankhunter I found some on Pinterest.
  • Options
    I'm planning on searching for a personal trainer, but I have a back injury that makes it difficult to do a lot of things.