August 2015 Moms

New mom learning curve

DD is a month old. I read the books. Some things you just have to learn on your own. Feel free the share yours too.

1. When bathing baby in the sink, make sure the spout isn't over her head. That way when you're done with the hose you don't almost drown your baby.

2. When removing clothes your DH/SO dressed her in that day, check for buttons BEFORE pulling garments over babies head. That way you're not trying to remove buttons with the garment stuck around your irritated baby.

3. Even baby girls will pee when the diaper comes off.

4. Don't become attached to socks.

Re: New mom learning curve

• Loading the player...
  • Everyone's tips here are so funny true and light hearted. Mine is depressing, it's insane how fast you can go from being over the moon about your husband to hating him and wondering how you ever liked him in the first place.
  • @gmd88, it's a balancing act for me. There was one day in particular where I choose sleep so many times in a row that by 3pm I realized that I hadn't eaten since dinner the night before! I was starving, but somewhat well rested!
  • @gmd88 I can't believe I never thought about tightening the car seat in the car! I will be using that tactic from now on. Thanks! =D>
  • @kristigirl02 yup! LO doesn't like when it gets tight but relaxes when the car gets going. Just be sure not to forget since it's a change in routine! This works much better for us!
  • Poop will come off the white walls, don't worry, and if it doesn't, use a magic eraser!

Some poop can travel up to three feet.....

And always, always, WAIT a little while after they first wake up to see if they will poop....

Can you tell we have had a problem with poop?

Also, when you hear LO have a massive poop, don't go running to change the diaper. Wait a few minutes to make sure they're done.
  • Poop will come off the white walls, don't worry, and if it doesn't, use a magic eraser! Some poop can travel up to three feet..... And always, always, WAIT a little while after they first wake up to see if they will poop.... Can you tell we have had a problem with poop?
    Also, when you hear LO have a massive poop, don't go running to change the diaper. Wait a few minutes to make sure they're done.
    STM here but we eventually figured out the magic of sunning breastfed baby poop stains (not sure how well it works for formula) with my first daughter. If its particularly bad, soaking whatever it is in a little lemon juice and water and then leaving it in the sun to dry has magical bleaching properties unlike anything you will find in the store. Seriously. And we will be using it frequently this time as my newest little girl has already projectile pooped on us more times than my first daughter did altogether. She actually made my older daughter cry once cause it scared her when the baby all of a sudden poopsploded and it shot right out of the pack and play all over the couch near where my older daughter was standing :P (yea that was fun to clean up... just glad it missed my daughter) I blame my fast milk flow, her ravenous appetite, and my inability to get enough gas out of her before it hits her intestines.