August 2015 Moms

So sick and tired of some people!! (Sorry for the vent! Need some inspiration:()

i am SOOOO sick of everyone saying "your still pregnant?" "Have you had your baby yet?" "Are you dilating even?" "Wow your already Over due." "Your baby is running out of room." "Oh I can't wait to meet her!!!" I'm 40 weeks and 3 days tomorrow. And I just wanna cry! I want her here already!:( I'm tired of people asking if she is here an saying how much they want to meet her! Um hello I KNOW I WANT TO meet her too!! I mean Of course I will tell you when she is! And NO I'm not dilating! UGH! This mamma is so defeated... I just wanna scream at the next person that asks.... Is any other momma going through this right now?:(

Re: So sick and tired of some people!! (Sorry for the vent! Need some inspiration:()

• I didn't have my LO until I was 42 weeks pregnant. So I totally understand how annoying and frustrating it is. Just tune them out and focus on how happy you're going to be to finally meet your baby. I know it sucks and feels like you're going to be pregnant forever but soon this will be a distant memory and you'll be complaining about how your family won't leave you and your new baby alone. Relax mama you're almost there!
  • Thank you!!:)
  • Loading the player...
  • Getting an induction date really helped me to relax. I finally had her at 41+1, which was 4 days before the induction date. Hang in there!
  • I wasn't dilated at that stage yet either. I had my son at 40w6d, so I dilated quickly and out of nowhere. Don't get discouraged, that number can change at any moment. I remember those comments and it is soooo frustrating! I would try to reply with a smile and then vent later to dh. Although sometimes I let them know that I didn't appreciate their comments.
  • Thanks ladies! I go in for a dr appointment today to see what they say!!
  • I am 40w 5 days. And it's Upsetting to have people on you all the time I know. Today I got told not to be a martyr.... WTF.. Because I am not having an induction or a sweep done!!! Oh right cause I am letting nature take its course. I am not worried and neither is my doc so we wait
  • My due date is today (8/31) and I was last checked 2 weeks ago and only 25% effaced and not dilated. I have no idea where I am at now which is really frustrating, I saw the NP at my last appointment and not the ob so they didn't do another check. I see my ob on Wednesday so hopefully i have some idea then. but i feel you! I haven't had a bloody show, no real contractions just BH, and as far as i know i still have my mucus plug. Ugh, i just don't want to be induced or have a c-section. Hopefully he comes soon. the night is still young i guess. I started getting texts 3 days before my due date asking about any news and was already getting responses like "oh bummer" and "hopefully you don't have a big baby from carrying too long." It was 3 days from the due date and somehow im already failing?! ugh! people just don't think sometimes. I am not answering ANY texts or calls unless it is from my mother, my father, or my younger sister now until the baby comes. They seem to know the proper things to say. My husbands side on the other hand....so many stupid comments i just had to ignore. Anyone else get frustrated when people keep giving you unsolicited advice about things you should or shouldn't be doing and they are all complete wives tales? I swear, a simple google search and it debunks most of the things my husbands side has told me.. so annoying. maybe you guys have had some of these told to you:

Having heartburn 'your kid is going to have lots of hair'
    carrying position 'you are having boy or girl'
    baby's hr "it's high you are having a girl"
    eat spicy food to bring on labor

just to name a few basic ones
  • @kat+1 someone seriously said "don't be a martyr" to you?! WOW!!!! that is so rude. Do people forget that this is a major medical event in a womans life or something? If i were going through any other procedure people wouldn't be giving out these kind of comments all the time. so weird.
  • mkeip said:

My due date is today (8/31) and I was last checked 2 weeks ago and only 25% effaced and not dilated. I have no idea where I am at now which is really frustrating, I saw the NP at my last appointment and not the ob so they didn't do another check. I see my ob on Wednesday so hopefully i have some idea then. but i feel you! I haven't had a bloody show, no real contractions just BH, and as far as i know i still have my mucus plug. Ugh, i just don't want to be induced or have a c-section. Hopefully he comes soon. the night is still young i guess. I started getting texts 3 days before my due date asking about any news and was already getting responses like "oh bummer" and "hopefully you don't have a big baby from carrying too long." It was 3 days from the due date and somehow im already failing?! ugh! people just don't think sometimes. I am not answering ANY texts or calls unless it is from my mother, my father, or my younger sister now until the baby comes. They seem to know the proper things to say. My husbands side on the other hand....so many stupid comments i just had to ignore. Anyone else get frustrated when people keep giving you unsolicited advice about things you should or shouldn't be doing and they are all complete wives tales? I swear, a simple google search and it debunks most of the things my husbands side has told me.. so annoying. maybe you guys have had some of these told to you:

Having heartburn 'your kid is going to have lots of hair'
    carrying position 'you are having boy or girl'
    baby's hr "it's high you are having a girl"
    eat spicy food to bring on labor

just to name a few basic ones
    I TOTALLY understand here.! I am 40 weeks and 3 days. 40 weeks and 4 tomorrow. And I went to the dr today. And I have had 3 checks. Counting this one. And guess what? My cervix is still in the back. No dilation. No mucus plug. And I'm just about to loose it with all these comments about my baby running out of room... Go back Thursday for my 41 week checkup. To see what is happening. If anything is. :(
  • Friday.. Not Thursday
  • @wendydecent I have my 41 week appointment on Friday too. Fingers crossed we don't have to go!
  • I would just answer to these messages : oh yeah she was born two weeks.ago didn't I tell you ? I was so fed up at the end too. People can be stupid
  • @mariafordon I'm hoping to have her before then! I'm SOOO ready! But I don't think my body is ready yet. No dilation. And no effacement:(