September 2015 Moms

Membrane sweep

Has anyone had success with a membrane sweep? Does it hurt? And do most doctors practice it?
I'm thinking about asking my doc to do it at my next appointment.

Re: Membrane sweep

• There are many posts about this. Try scrolling down further. I had lots last pregnancy and one this pregnancy and they didn't work. My one last week was very painful. If your body isn't ready they won't work and will hurt more.
  • Nope.  I'm not interested.  This guy will come when he's ready just like my daughter did. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine did not hurt at all. It was a little more uncomfortable than just getting checked, lasted for 15 seconds and was over. Cause three hours of false labor and that was it. :-( I'm going to have it done again this week as I'm almost 40 weeks. My doc offered it like it was common practice at 39 weeks. My LO is already over 9 lbs in there, so I'm all for doing whatever works to get her out now. There's a high risk of me having a c-section if she gets much bigger which I don't want. 
  • Had mine today at my 38+2 week appointment. It was uncomfortable but not painful. My doctor told me 2/3 women who get theirs swept go into labor within 72 hours. Hoping I fall into those odds. If not I'm scheduled to be induced this Friday for high blood pressure so I thought it was worth it if it meant going into labor naturally.
  • I would love to find out if this worked for you. My doctor is doing the same thing on my 38 week plus 2 day appointment also ! I'm rooting for ya.
  • Worked for me with my last one. I was 3 days past my due date. It wasn't painful just uncomfortable. I went into labor probably 8 hrs after having it done! I'm really hoping it works this time around too.