September 2015 Moms
Options

Miserable night...Are these BH contractions?

I'm a FTM @ 38 weeks and 2 cm dilated at doc visit Friday. Starting last evening to right now at 5:30 a.m., my upper abdomen and lower abdomen has been extremely tight. Baby has been moving good. I'm having a numb-like dull ache that starts under my breasts and wraps around to my back and goes down to my pelvic area. No real cramping but just a feeling of aching like I need to empty my bladder or like I just emptied my bladder after holding my pee too long. Laying down helps a little bit. Getting up and walking seems to irritate and cause more tightness. I've tried to time these, but it just seems like one big event of aching tightness that will not ease up. Are these BH contractions? I

Re: Miserable night...Are these BH contractions?

• Options
    Following this, also 38 weeks and had this all last night. Lil man was moving like crazy. No timing to ache, mine was also more cramping in pelvic area. Felt like I couldn't empty my bladder even though I tried, numerous times! Hopefully it's just a sign we are nearing the end!
  • Options
    @msleddy hopefully we are nearing the end! I was able to empty my bladder but after only a few seconds of emptying, I'd feel the urge again and "dribble" out a little more urine. Thanks for replying.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Same thing all yesterday and have been up most of the night. 36 weeks. Headed to pre-scheduled Dr appointment in 3 hours. I'll let you know what they say. If you're concerned, call in and let them know. My nurse friends from my clinic said it just sounds like pre-labor stuff. Body prepping and etc. it's so hard to know when "you'll know" lol!!!
  • Options
    @charmedvec I'm so weary of hearing " you'll know". LOL. My doc appt isn't until tomorrow at 9 a.m. I'm debating whether or not to call this a.m. and try to be seen today. My husband works 45 min from home in one direction and from where we live, we are 25 mins from my doctor/hospital. I'm really extremely panicked when I think about him leaving for work this a.m.
  • Options
    I would definitely call @JamieK76!!! It won't hurt and will give you peace of mind!
  • Options
    I have been up all night too. Same thing almost but I could time them and they are about 20 minutes apart. I lost my mucus plug last night too and as of Friday I was 1 1/2 cm dilated and 90% effaced. I swear the little man is going to fall out. I can't walk without major pressure. Called the doctor last night she said it could be anytime....
    Missed Miscarriage 3/27 D&C 3/29/2012
  • Options
    amp61470 said:

I have been up all night too. Same thing almost but I could time them and they are about 20 minutes apart. I lost my mucus plug last night too and as of Friday I was 1 1/2 cm dilated and 90% effaced. I swear the little man is going to fall out. I can't walk without major pressure. Called the doctor last night she said it could be anytime....

I've been at 4 cm and 60 % for 9 days... Having contractions but not getting closer. Lost plug 8 days ago then had second show 3 days later. Doc said could. Go on for a while. 36 + 6 today
  • Options
    Okay! Just got back from the doctor. I was having Braxton Hicks contractions. I was still 2 cm dilated and my cervix was not thinned out any. So it's back home. They did an ultrasound and my fluid level was great and the estimated fetal weight is 7 lbs. Sigh..... I'm tired and my feet are swollen bad. Guess I'll just go prop up and wait it out y'all :-/
  • Options
    Real contractions take your breath away. That's the way I can tell the difference (this is my second pregnancy).
  • Options
    I'm experiencing this now. But I think for me Braxton hicks are higher on the stomach? Whereas real contractions are lower in the pelvis or back... I could be wrong, and everyone is different and I could be in full blown labour and have no idea too!! haha
    How exciting is it that we are all at this point!!