February 2016 Moms

Doctor Appointment

tigeraj8170tigeraj8170 member
edited August 2015 in February 2016 Moms
I'm not sure if it's okay for me to start my own thread or not on this, but I did a search and it seems my search isn't working. I'm also mobile, so that could be an issue.

Anyway, I posted on an FFFC a week or two ago that my confession was that I was 12 to 13 weeks and I hadn't been to a doctor yet, but I was taking care of myself and taking prenatals. I can't remember who, but someone had asked me why I hadn't been to a doctor and I explained and then the person and a few others wanted me to keep them posted.
Well, today, at 2:30 pm central time, I am finally seeing a doctor. I'm scared and nervous and I'm just praying that everything is going as it should be.
I will update on this after the doctor's appointment.

Back story: At Christmas time this past year, H and I found out I was pregnant. So, I did what I normally do...applied for insurance (medicaid) and WIC. A day after I got approved for both, I had a mc. We were devastated. Fear got into my head, which made me think that if I got pregnant again and did like I should by getting insurance (medicaid) and WIC, that I would possibly lose the baby again.
Yes, I know that's not how this works, but I had had three healthy pregnancies before the mc. I never expected to have an mc. My irrational fears paralyzed me when we found out I was pregnant again, in June. I didn't want to apply for medicaid and WIC. I was just too terrified. Then, something snapped and I realized that I couldn't continue going without seeing a doctor because eventually, I was going to have to have the baby and I do want to make sure that the baby is healthy, so I finally got insurance and now finally have an appointment.

(I apologize if I shouldn't have opened my own thread about this. I just didn't know where else to post it.)

Edited to post back story so everyone understands why I haven't been to a doctor before.

Re: Doctor Appointment

• Fingers crossed for a successful appointment!!!
    Side note::: people had entire pregnancies without doctors visits at one time in history. You're doing what you had/have to do. Let us know how it goes!
  • Good luck and keep us posted!  I'm sure everything will go fine!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Good luck and keep us posted. I didn't see if you had specific reasons for not going before but hoping for a great first appt. :)
    DD: 8  DD: 3.5  DS:18M
    Baby #4 Due: 2/4/2016
    Feb16 August Siggy Challenge
    Favorite TV Mom

• Good luck! Hope you and baby have a great first appointment.

imageLilypie - (zxAe)

• I've edited my main post to explain why I haven't seen a doctor before.

Thank you all and I will update.
  • Good luck and fx for an awesome first appointment!

I am sorry about your loss and understand being nervous.

:x
  • Good luck with your appt today!  

And like pps said, don't feel bad about your post! I don't consider this a repeat post at all.  And it's completely understandable why you hesitated to get insurance after your experience. Let us know how it goes!

September Sig challenge: Fall
    imageimage
  • Best of luck!
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Good luck at your appointment! Hopefully you'll come out so happy from seeing your LO and getting a good bill of health from your doctor!

• I understand irrational fears, no judgment here. I have my fingers crossed that it's a great appointment.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Good luck with your appointment ! :)
  • Thanks for keeping us updated! I was thinking about you the other day. Let us know how it goes.
    Married 8.5.12
    Caleb born 10.9.13
    2.0 due 2.1.16
  • xokateoxxokateox member
    edited September 2015
    Good luck Hun!!!! Glad you're conquering your fears and taking care.
  • Good luck at your appointment today!

I know getting past fears like that is difficult because you don't want to jinx yourself. It's crazy how tragedy affects a person. 
  • Prayers for you this afternoon...let us know how things go! 

Happy October :D
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Emmett Austin Langford, born sleeping 2.25.15

"Once you are Real you can't become unreal again.  It lasts for always." 
    || The Velveteen Rabbit ||

>>> BFP 6.6.15, Rainbow due 2.6.15! <<<
    >>We are Team Pink!<<

I write over at Grace In Chaos.
  • Thinking of you!
  • Thinking of you, hope everything goes well!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I think you're in/through your appointment by now, hope all is well. We are eagerly awaiting news! :)
  • I hope it's a great appointment! Keep us posted, we're thinking of you!!

And, this is the perfect thing to post! We love to be able to provide support to someone who needs it. :)
  • cboucbou member
    Hope your appointment went well. Let us know!
  • Good luck with your appt! Loss is so difficult to handle so I can understand not wanting to see the doctor!
  • Best of luck!! Update us! I have all my fingers crossed for you!

• Thinking of you! Hope your appointment went well. Keep us updated!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hope all went well! I totally get the irrational fear.
    Baby 2.0!
    BabyFruit Ticker

"http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/32499b"
     28 Years old DH 29
    Married since 8/7/10
  • notasycophantnotasycophant member
    edited September 2015
    I remember your post! I can understand that kind of cautiousness after an mc. Hoping your appointment goes brilliantly. Take care and do keep us updated.
  • Thinking of you and hope it went well and there's only happiness from here on out!
  • We've all been waiting anxiously today! So glad everything went smoothly and yay for healthy you and baby!!! Now... Get some rest! That was a heck of a day for you :)
  • Yay for good news!!
  • I knew you'd have a great outcome!!! So exciting. And yes, I think it's safe to say we all think our little beans are totally cute the first time and every time we see them thereafter!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • So glad happy for good news! Hope some of your fears were eased too.
    DD: 8  DD: 3.5  DS:18M
    Baby #4 Due: 2/4/2016
    Feb16 August Siggy Challenge
    Favorite TV Mom

• Yay for good news!! So happy you got to see a healthy baby :)
  • Yay! So glad all went great, @tigeraj8170 !!
  • Yay so glad it went well!!! We have the same Edd and with a scheduled cs could end up with the same bday! ;)
  • Yay! So glad everything went well for you.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yay! So excited for you! Glad everything went well! Now to wait for the 29th. :)

• Thank y'all. :-) I'm so happy. I think I'll be told the gender in 2 weeks from the panorama test. Then have the gender ultrasound on the 29th to make sure and get pictures.
    My H is a goof. I asked yesterday what he thinks we are having. He said a girl. I asked if that was his gut feeling or wishful thinking and his response is that it's a girl, one way or another. He's such a goofball.
  • Thank y'all. :-) I'm so happy. I think I'll be told the gender in 2 weeks from the panorama test. Then have the gender ultrasound on the 29th to make sure and get pictures.
    My H is a goof. I asked yesterday what he thinks we are having. He said a girl. I asked if that was his gut feeling or wishful thinking and his response is that it's a girl, one way or another. He's such a goofball.

I may find out on the 18th! :)

• Congratulations!!!! So glad the appt went well. :) I'm sure he or she is the cutest bean in the whole world!

Sep 29 is my birthday! It's a good day :)
    Married 8.5.12
    Caleb born 10.9.13
    2.0 due 2.1.16