TTC #1 - Jan 2015
BFP on 5/13/15
DD born 1/24/16
TTC #2 - Jun 2017
BFP on 8/24/17
Anniversary 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Monday Bitchfest

• Our water had to be shut off Saturday night due to a leak in our water main line.  The borough will only fix issues up to the main turn on, so we are on our own to get it fixed.  DH started digging up our yard yesterday to access the line, and a plumber is coming this afternoon to assess the situation.  We ended up getting a cheap hotel on Priceline last night so that we could shower for work today.  Between the AC last weekend and the water this weekend, we're feeling pretty frustrated.  I'm exhausted, and I just want running water.  :((
    Me: 30 DH: 35 
    TTC #1 - Jan 2015
    BFP on 5/13/15
    DD born 1/24/16
    TTC #2 - Jun 2017
    BFP on 8/24/17
    Anniversary 

• Last Wednesday our power was acting funny. It finally got fixed and we now have power in our bedroom and bathroom again. Then last night our Wifi went out, we called and they can't see us until tomorrow.
    So I decided to fiddle with the router while DH was at work this morning, and I got it working again. Now DH is dragging his feet on calling them back and telling them we don't need them to come out tomorrow. I really don't want a strange man in my apartment with me, alone while DH is at work, for nothing.

DH keeps adding on expenses without talking to me, and since I do the bill paying and such I'm the one who knows what we can and can't spend. Ugh. He's gonna make us go broke for the next two weeks. All in all,
    DH needs to calm the hell down, and go take a bubble bath. He's driving me crazy.
  • Loading the player...
  • babybluubabybluu member
    edited August 2015
    So we purchased a second puppy from a breeder back in March. Paid a pretty penny for him, and he's beautiful, but he has so many needs and his personality is soooooo different from our other puppy (same breed, I'm stupid and figured they would be the same. I have no idea why). We have tried everything we can think of, and even paid money for puppy training, but he's too much. He's a sweet dog, and I know it's not his fault, but I think our house is too tiny, and it's not a good fit. I wouldn't say he's got too much energy because he's actually a pretty calm dog, but he just does whatever he wants when he wants. Total mind of his own. He has chewed up our walls in 2 places while we were gone; so we have resorted to having to put his crate in the middle of the room so he can't reach the walls. He's not a huge fan of our other dog, he gets so annoyed lately. He digs holes under the fence with no regards to any preventative measures we try and take to get him to stop, and has taught our other dog to dig, and has also taught her how to hop the fence and run away. They have become partners in crime.

Anywaysssss, we signed a contract with the breeder saying if we couldn't keep the dog that we have to return him back to her. No big deal, I totally understand her reasoning. Her goal is to make sure her pups don't end up in shelters. She cares about them and they are very high quality. My husband on the other hand wants to sell him, and I won't let him. My problem is that the breeder will not get back to me. Every time I contact her about the dog and ask her when a good time to talk is, she says she will call me after church, in an hour, etc. it's making this so much harder on me. I already feel like the freaking scum of the earth for getting rid of my dog. He has become family to a point, but he needs more than we can provide. I feel guilty for making the mistake of taking him home. Plus I always judged people for rehoming their dogs because they couldn't take care of them, and that turned around to bite me in the butt. So I'm a hypocrite now. This is all around a crappy situation and when I think about it, I cry. I have no idea what to do because we can't legally sell him, or give him away, but she won't answer me. Plus I don't like the idea of giving him to some random person. I don't want this to happen again. He deserves better. I'm even open to suggestions on what to do to help, but right now I'm at the end of my rope. My stress levels are constantly at an all time high dealing with him. All because of a stupid decision on my part. I wanna crawl in a hole

Sorry this was so long. I don't blame anyone if they didn't wanna read it lol. I just needed to vent
  • I was soooo going to complain about my MIL staying so long after our breakfast get together that I could nap before work tonight.....but you ladies all have me beat by far! I'm tired and cranky....but you all sound like you're having a rough day!

Especially you @kmcconnell22 !! Weren't you just recently having problems with your AC?? Yikes!!! I am so sorry for the crap you've been having to endure these past few weeks!! :(
  • I just want to drink beer today - nothing really making me have a bad day, other than I can't pick up a six pack to have all to myself tonight.
  • I was soooo going to complain about my MIL staying so long after our breakfast get together that I could nap before work tonight.....but you ladies all have me beat by far! I'm tired and cranky....but you all sound like you're having a rough day! Especially you @kmcconnell22 !! Weren't you just recently having problems with your AC?? Yikes!!! I am so sorry for the crap you've been having to endure these past few weeks!! :(
    Yep, AC died last Saturday (got fixed on Tuesday), water main leaked this Saturday.  It's been a little rough!  This is the first time we've had any major issues with our house in the 2 1/2 years we've lived there.
    Me: 30 DH: 35 
    TTC #1 - Jan 2015
    BFP on 5/13/15
    DD born 1/24/16
    TTC #2 - Jun 2017
    BFP on 8/24/17
    Anniversary 

• I am so sorry @babybluu that is a terrible situation to be in. :(
    It sounds like returning him is probably your best option - it's only going to be harder to deal with those kinds of shenanigans when you have a baby to deal with too.
  • @ntyravgsp, yeah that's why I think it's best to return him. But the longer it takes to return him the more attached I become, I already told dh I don't think I can be there when he has to go. I'm trying to do what's best but I'm not sure that I actually am.
  • ntyravgspntyravgsp member
    edited August 2015
    @babybluu All the things you described are things that dogs typically do when they aren't getting enough exercise (physical or mental) or attention. Please don't think I'm judging you, because I'm not, just hoping to give you some insight about potential changes you could make to his routine to help him through this time. Especially if you really don't want to resort to giving him back - if it doesn't feel like the right decision then it probably isn't.
    Try taking him outside on a leash all the time, even in your own yard. He has to unlearn some bad behavior and you & your DH are the only ones who can help him. Crating is good to keep him from destroying things while you're gone during the day. Is he a breed that could learn to fetch? Or tug of war with a rope? Eta tag
  • @babybluu I'm sorry you're going through this. I agree with @ntyravgsp about trying a couple changes and seeing if it helps.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm in a similar position but with my cats. I've had them for 8 years now, since they were kittens. I always judged people who had to give their pets away, but now I'm in that position and it's breaking my heart. DH has always been allergic but patiently dealt with them for 2 years, we just designated a room for them to sleep in and keep them out of the bedroom to help him. But his allergies make it hard for him to step up and help me with caring for them, and their designated room at night will now be the babys room. It's a tough situation but know you're not alone!
  • babybluubabybluu member
    edited August 2015
    @ntyravgsp no he does need to go out more. I know he does but it's such a hassle. When we go outside on a harness, leash, any kind of chain, and even a gentle leader and front leading harness, he FLIPS out. It's always been like that and it hasn't got better no matter what we do. He does this thing when he's on a leash, where he will pull (normal husky thing) but he makes these awful noises like he's being abused/beat. It's the weirdest thing! And as he gets older the sounds get louder! I suppose we could just tough it out and keep taking him out in hopes he gets better. But everyone I've showed the video to (we captured it on video) has no advice for me to get him to stop. He's so strong and pulls me, and since we have two dogs I have no idea what I'm gonna do when dh leaves for deployment next year with a baby. We live like 1/4 mile from a dog park that we walk to, but at this rate we will never go because I can't handle them both. Our other husky doesn't do this. It's amazing how different they are. And the dog training didn't help with the leash issue. He's super smart Though.
  • @ccoleeman I really appreciate the support and advice from all you ladies! And wow! 8 years. I think that's more tough in your situation. We have only had ours for 6 months, I can't imagine how hard it will be to have to see your cats go!

@Scullahoo unfortunately she does not live close. She lives 3 hours away. We had to travel to pick him up and he has extreme car sickness. It's so sad and miserable for him in the car. I just asked a couple breeders for advise and they said to send her a certified letter telling her we would like a response in 3 days, and if nothing still, then we shouldn't be legally held liable for selling him. But I would hate to just "sell" him. That feels like getting rid of him to make a quick buck. I want him to go to a good home who's not going to rehome him again like we are. He needs to be in one place. I don't feel the most confident that I can find the best home, because you never know what people will do, and that freaks me out. I just hate being in this situation. I hate that I was irresponsible enough to get a second dog, I hate that I'm wanting to give him back. I feel like I'm
    In this situation that I made my bed and now I have to lie in it. He causes more stress than pleasure, and that breaks my heart because he's so sweet.
  • ntyravgspntyravgsp member
    edited August 2015
    @babybluu do you use training treats of any kind? I used regular dog food kibble pieces to train ours; you could try using those.
    I'd try holding them in your hand right by your side so he can smell them and knows they are there, and then give them to him when he is quiet and not pulling at the lead. Lead him around the yard, and reward him frequently at first so he understands what you want him to do. See if that gets anywhere with him. Huskies are a big strong breed so it'll be work, but so worth it if you can get him properly behaved.
    Eta maybe have your husband try that first, if he is able to control the pup a bit better.
  • I just found out that the classroom I'm in this semester has no A/C. I was in there for about 3 hours today and wanted to die, I'm not sure how I'll make it until the weather cools down...and I had only purchased maternity pants for my work clothes, expecting A/C, so now I need to run to buy some dresses that fit before bedtime tomorrow or else I will not last through September, so there goes another $100 or so on wardrobe that I was hoping to avoid paying...

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ever since I told my boss that I'm pregnant (which went surprisingly well, despite all my worrying), he comments on what I eat. Every day he asks what's for lunch and provides his completely unsolicited opinion of whether or not it's good for baby. Back off buddy, I'm gonna eat soup or a freezer meal (both low sodium and organic btw!!!!) every now and then unless you want to hire a chef to prepare the most nutritious lunch for me every day.
  • ntyravgsp said:

@babybluu do you use training treats of any kind? I used regular dog food kibble pieces to train ours; you could try using those.
    I'd try holding them in your hand right by your side so he can smell them and knows they are there, and then give them to him when he is quiet and not pulling at the lead. Lead him around the yard, and reward him frequently at first so he understands what you want him to do. See if that gets anywhere with him. Huskies are a big strong breed so it'll be work, but so worth it if you can get him properly behaved.
    Eta maybe have your husband try that first, if he is able to control the pup a bit better.

We did do that, but he will eat the treat and continue making the noise, or he wil straight up ignore the treat while still making the noise lol.
  • That is really weird. Could just be he needs to get used to the lead, my instinct would be to ignore it and hope he stops. Praise the good behavior for sure.
    That's tough, and I know it's a hard choice to make but just make the best choice you can for everyone involved.
  • So ordered my textbooks for my next semester. I double checked the address. Made sure it had out apt on it. UPS sends me an email today sayinbits delivered. So I go outside and check my front door. Nothing. I call customer service and a guy tells me to check the apartments around me. An hour later we find my package on the other side of the building at a different apartment number. Look at the label, everything is correct for my address, not the one it was found at! I'm pissed. Lazy UPS driver .
  • Some guy told me yesterday he liked my 6pack at work.... Like funny I get it my belly is big :/ ..... Hmm what else can I bitch about... After 4 straight nights of working im exhausted and being pregnant sucks except for the whole I love my baby part.
  • I would stake him somewhere in the yard with collar leash, etc.. So he gets used to it.